Nov. 15, Blue Jackets vs Habs, 7:00 PM

Meller93

My God... DD scores in the shootout... Can't believe he was even given the chance....

And Budaj makes three straight to salvage this game.

He's been one of our best shooutout guys the last 2 years. It just so happened our last 2 shootouts were games he got benched :)

Got to watch the game with my dad, he's down in FLA for a few days. They looked pretty sloppy, I saw the 2nd and 3rd periods, lots of good chances unfinished. Dying to have a sniper on the team. Happy to get the victory, maybe they looked past Columbus to the Rangers, who they always play well against. (I would love a playoff series against them).

hahahaha seats 2 rows behind the benches in Montreal is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY beyond my price range. HAHAHAHA

I can only imagine. I got them for $100 bucks each on StubHub, which is pretty much face value. Second most I've paid for tickets, after the Habs-Bruins game in Boston last year, but was in the nosebleeds. Not something I'd want to do on a regular basis, but definitely a very cool one-time experience. It was my father's day/birthday/Christmas present for my Dad.

No Gaborik for Columbus tonight, he's out 6 weeks. Curtis McElhinney gets the start between the pipes, meaning that the Habs will face backup goalies for 2 straight games (Cam Talbot starts for NYR tomorrow).

That explains why he was invisible tonight, haha.

Not a very good start. The arena in Columbus seems sleepy, like Long Island but slightly less dimly lit.

Yeah, it seemed even quieter than a small weeknight crowd.

Some of the better pics I got: The fight, Subban coming off the ice, and Desharnais after his goal.

10879988953_d0a7154a89_c.jpg

10879681405_13a4ae17e3_c.jpg

10879829414_4dd7177592_c.jpg

AWESOME photos! You're one lucky dude.

So: does this SO goal breaks DD's slump? Taking bets. I say no, because he didn't score on an actual hockey play but rather in the artificial shootout context.

AWESOME photos! You're one lucky dude.

So: does this SO goal breaks DD's slump? Taking bets. I say no, because he didn't score on an actual hockey play but rather in the artificial shootout context.

This might not, but I hope it does. He isn't going anywhere, and they're giving him every chance to succeed. If we have to see him out there in offensive zone starts for the rest of the year we're in for a long haul.

Galchenyuk's goal was awesome. I was at the bar, really cool to watch without sound.

Wtf was up with no one standing up for Galchenyuk? If he laid on the ice Rat Marchand style, we would have had a 5 minute pp. Perhaps they know the pp is a one stop shop for all offensive activity?

Whoops. Lol 3:00 NL time but I'll get up a GDT by 11:30 or so EST if I can! I shouldn't be too hungover....? I hope. Either way go Habs go I love you long time. Honestly I will try to get that thread up tomoh.

peace !