New Jersey vs. Montreal | December 2nd, 2013 | 1930 EST

lazy26

The lo-fi version seemed to work last time, so here goes...

Projected Lines:

New Jersey (11-11-5)

Jagr - Zubrus - Zajac
Elias - Henrique - Bernier
Loktionov - Brunner - Ryder
Janssen - Josefson - Sestito

Zidlicky - Volchenkov
Greene - Fayne
Gelinas - Merrill

Brodeur

Montreal (15-9-3)

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Moen - Bournival - Prust

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Murray - Diaz

Price

Guest Stogey24

We're carrying some solid momentum. Hopefully we can keep rollin' tonight. I honestly feel bad that White isn't in the line up. He's played his heart out as usual.

We're carrying some solid momentum. Hopefully we can keep rollin' tonight. I honestly feel bad that White isn't in the line up. He's played his heart out as usual.

You can't just bury Bourque on the bench and Bournival has had way too much of a positive impact to keep him out long. That leaves White as the odd man out though with a 3-in-4 starting tonight, I don't think he'll be out of the lineup too long.

You can't just bury Bourque on the bench and Bournival has had way too much of a positive impact to keep him out long. That leaves White as the odd man out though with a 3-in-4 starting tonight, I don't think he'll be out of the lineup too long.

One of my criticisms from the past has been the use of the 23 man roster. You can't have any expectations of success if you don't rotate your players frequently . You just can't have someone sitting on bench for a month and expect them to produce. My take would be that they have done the best job this year of using bench, than they have in the last twenty years.

• Upvote 1

I agree, MT's use of the bench, and rotation of players since all have returned from injury has been great. Murray has improved dramatically in his last few starts, and has began to show that he can fill a much needed role on the team. Cube has looked better with some rest, and it keeps White hungry as well when he sits for Parros/Bournival. 82 games is a marathon, and a big part of making the playoffs will to be spread the minutes as well as possible, and MT is anal about minutes....

Looking for a reboot from Galchenyuk and Bournival tonight.....

Its not the ice that's terrible. I would say it's more the turnovers and the inability to win battles or be first to the puck.

That certainly didn't help either. 7 shot attempts in a period isn't going to win you many games...unless you're the Leafs.