Jan. 2, Habs vs Stars, 8:30 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Has anyone noticed how Gionta no longer has any zip on his wrist shots? Two bicep injuries seems to have really done him in.

Shadow of the player he once was.

Counterpoint: Price has more points this season than Murray.

His hat-trick is coming soon, I can feel it, once they plant him in front of net on the PP.

great game. PK looked better than he has in a month. When you see him out there like that, you know why you have to let him play his game. Even though we allowed 4 goals they were tough shots. I think they are giving MT mouth to mouth cause he must have had a heart attack watching this. I LOVED IT.

Wow, fun game! Kinda like the old days before overcoaching and super-scientific goaltending ruined everything.

I've been uneasy with Price for a little while now, because he seemed to be sliding around in his crease more - always a sure sign that he's slipping. This game took it up a notch and saw him flailing around, saved on a couple of occasions by fantastic efforts by Gorges. I think when things go wrong, Price tries too hard. Waite needs to settle him down and get back to fundamentals.

What a game by PK. Holy crap! Superstar stuff. I love the theory that he's heard the decision from Yzerman and has the pressure off. I can believe it.

Desharnais and Patches were unreal tonight. Just dominant. Watching DD out there, you can't believe he's the same bozo who stunk it up for the first 20 games. When he plays like this, he is a legit top-6 centreman in the NHL, like it or not. And Gally - such a great player. If I had a hockey-playing son, I would tell him to watch Gallagher and play like that.

This was a game where the core refused to lose.

We didn't miss the Hero of the Quebec Nation for one minute out there, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

Great game. A barn-burner to make up for some of the duds that we've sat through this season with this team. Fully deserved the two points and fought hard for them.

I was going to write a paean to PK before his ridiculous goal, but man, what a player. NO d-man in the league can do what he does with the puck. He was also strong in our zone, and right as he scooped up the puck to send a lob down to Patches for the empty-netter I thought that there isn't another guy on our team who I'd rather have clearing the puck in that situation. Simply our best player by a mile, and when he plays like it we're a dangerous team.

Great game. A barn-burner to make up for some of the duds that we've sat through this season with this team. Fully deserved the two points and fought hard for them.

I was going to write a paean to PK before his ridiculous goal, but man, what a player. NO d-man in the league can do what he does with the puck. He was also strong in our zone, and right as he scooped up the puck to send a lob down to Patches for the empty-netter I thought that there isn't another guy on our team who I'd rather have clearing the puck in that situation. Simply our best player by a mile, and when he plays like it we're a dangerous team.

He's a superstar, brother. The only people who don't know it are, apparently, the geniuses who run Team Canada.

Wow, fun game! Kinda like the old days before overcoaching and super-scientific goaltending ruined everything.

I've been uneasy with Price for a little while now, because he seemed to be sliding around in his crease more - always a sure sign that he's slipping. This game took it up a notch and saw him flailing around, saved on a couple of occasions by fantastic efforts by Gorges. I think when things go wrong, Price tries too hard. Waite needs to settle him down and get back to fundamentals.

What a game by PK. Holy crap! Superstar stuff. I love the theory that he's heard the decision from Yzerman and has the pressure off. I can believe it.

Desharnais and Patches were unreal tonight. Just dominant. Watching DD out there, you can't believe he's the same bozo who stunk it up for the first 20 games. When he plays like this, he is a legit top-6 centreman in the NHL, like it or not. And Gally - such a great player. If I had a hockey-playing son, I would tell him to watch Gallagher and play like that.

This was a game where the core refused to lose.

We didn't miss the Hero of the Quebec Nation for one minute out there, that's for sure.

Got to say Moan-White played very well also

So Davey now has 19 points in his last 22 games I believe? 1 in his first 18. That's an amazing turn around.

Also just can't help but mention PK too. If he doesn't make team canada someone should be fired. Absolute monster tonight.