Montreal Canadiens vs. Philadelphia Flyers @ Wells Fargo Center (7:30PM ET)

The effort tonight was so poor Therrien didn't even bother pulling the goalie. I smell some callouts from the press conference.

We got a nice preview of life without Subban during his benching. Curious decision by Therrien. When's the last time Rene Bourque missed a shift?

How does PK get benched... everyone is playing half asleep and we keep our only dynamo off the ice.

A) he wasn't playing that well.

B) he took a stupid selfish penalty.

If he is going yo be a leader on this team and get $8 M plus, he has to stop that crap.

• Upvote 1

If he is going yo be a leader on this team and get $8 M plus, he has to stop that crap.

Or what though? We trade him for Denis Savard? I'm not against coaches disciplining players, but the finishing school is over. There are plenty of hot heads in the league who are great players and take stupid penalties. (Crosby, Chara, Lucic, Subban, E Kane, Neal). Half of the team looks listless on any gameday, Therrien has bigger problems than Subban.

A) everyone was crap. PK's crap is superior to the rest of the team's crap, hell it's better than most of them on a good night.

B) yes it was a bad penalty, but I don't see how that's the only the play in a night of utter shite that gets singled out for a benching. Add to that he's one of the few guys, maybe the only guy on a night like this, who gives us a chance to come back. He'll be making 8 million plus next year, and with that caliber of player you ride him hot or cold.

We got a nice preview of life without Subban during his benching. Curious decision by Therrien. When's the last time Rene Bourque missed a shift?

Bourque played under 3 minutes in the 2nd so I'm going to say he missed a shift somewhere in there.

It's worth singling out Plekanec as he had a very good game. He had the lone goal, did terrific work shorthanded, was strong on the draw, saved a goal late, and was one of the few to generate any chances.

• Upvote 1

A) everyone was crap. PK's crap is superior to the rest of the team's crap, hell it's better than most of them on a good night.

B) yes it was a bad penalty, but I don't see how that's the only the play in a night of utter shite that gets singled out for a benching. Add to that he's one of the few guys, maybe the only guy on a night like this, who gives us a chance to come back. He'll be making 8 million plus next year, and with that caliber of player you ride him hot or cold.

He missed a couple of shifts in a game he was floating through and took a cheap shot penalty. He wasn't even benched the entire period. He was outplayed by Boo Boo. That is all on PK, not Therrien.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Its the same story for Montreal. They crumble as soon as a team starts playing physical against them. My buddies were honestly laughing at how small Montreal looks out there. Gorges and Plek had a decent game. Other than that this team looked brutal. Gallagher has done nothing the past month and a half. Once teams start pushing around the small bodied Canadiens and take away point shots, Montreal falls apart. Probably one of the most boring professional hockey games I've ever seen in my life.

Your team is down by 2, and your best player shows some emotion in a game lacking it.

Do you a) bench that player for 10 minutes, or b) use that emotion to get more out of that player and your team?

If you are Therrien (and apparently brobin), you bench him for 10 minutes of the 3rd period, basically killing any chance your team has at a comeback. The only thing worse than PK's stupid, selfish penalty was Therrien's stupid, selfish way of handling it.

Guest Stogey24

Your team is down by 2, and your best player shows some emotion in a game lacking it.

Do you a) bench that player for 10 minutes, or b) use that emotion to get more out of that player and your team?

If you are Therrien (and apparently brobin), you bench him for 10 minutes of the 3rd period, basically killing any chance your team has at a comeback. The only thing worse than PK's stupid, selfish penalty was Therrien's stupid, selfish way of handling it.

Then Therrien doesn't pull the tendy at the end because he was pissed off. Therrien is a bum.

Its time for some serious moves....after PK our D is pathetic and our Offence is too streaky and small. IF we make the playoffs we are in for a short series, it really doesn't matter who we play we will lose.

I just took a look at the standings:

Pittsburgh

Boston

Tampa

Montreal

Philly

Detroit

Toronto

NY Rangers

Washington

Carolina

Columbus

Jersey

florida

Buffalo

the only teams I feel we can beat in a playoff series are Buffalo, Jersey, and maybe the Rangers. Watching our games lately, its a miracle we are top four.

That being said if Price played last night it would have been a much closer game

Its the same story for Montreal. They crumble as soon as a team starts playing physical against them. My buddies were honestly laughing at how small Montreal looks out there. Gorges and Plek had a decent game. Other than that this team looked brutal. Gallagher has done nothing the past month and a half. Once teams start pushing around the small bodied Canadiens and take away point shots, Montreal falls apart. Probably one of the most boring professional hockey games I've ever seen in my life.

If you get out to a game, you have to see them in warmups. They might be the smallest team in professional sports. I don't mean that averages nonsense that the smurfaholics quote, but to a man, they are tiny. Murray and Pacioretty are their only big players. Whoever built this team needs a lobotomy, and if the advanced stats geeks are right, we're headed for a very heavy regression.

And another thing! The Habs are off again today. Why are they constantly taking days off? Doesn't Therrien think they need to practice?