Habs vs Panthers, March 29

Neech

i disagree. He's NHL ready, based on the last time he was called up. I saw a lot of improvement in his defensive play and positioning, and he was gambling less in offensive situations. To me, he's closer to NHL ready than Tinordi is now; Tinordi's decision making in the defensive zone still needs some work but he's getting better.

We'll see in the offseason how many veterans MB decides to resign like Murray, Bouillon, Weaver whether the team decides to give Either Tinordi or Beaulieu a chance at a permanent roster spot next fall.

Beaulieu likely could do fine in NHL, but Habs seem to be doing quite well without him.

But, zero NHL regulars ever suffered from too much time in AHL and his (seeming) sense of entitlement isn't a good thing for a young d-man.

Bournival went to Hamilton and was head and shoulders better than other players and Beaulieu should dominate in a similar fashion and work hard to improve his overall game.

But Beaulieu is too good to be playing in Hamilton and he knows it. What else does he need to learn from Lefebvre? Not too mention, are guys like Leblanc and Blunden really supposed to mentor this guy? With the Habs need for speed on the back-end, there trouble scoring on the powerplay, and Beaulieu's cap hit being relatively low - it makes no sense he's still in Hamilton. And you make a good point, with Gorges coming back in the playoff's, why not give the kid some real experience in the last 6 games? He's not going to get it in Hamilton (missing the playoffs).

He's not too good though. He still makes a lot of defensive errors and for an offensive blueliner, he doesn't produce a lot of offence. I'm not denouncing him as a prospect here but he still has a lot to learn. He's not even the #1 on his team, it's important to keep that in mind. If he was too good for the the level, he'd at least be the #1 guy.

My cap note was to say how there's no point in a call-up, why throw away more of next years' money to put Beaulieu in a handful of games? Unless Tinordi's going down in his place, there's no reason to have multiple d-men sit right now.

• Upvote 1

Bournival went to Hamilton and was head and shoulders better than other players and Beaulieu should dominate in a similar fashion and work hard to improve his overall game.

Yep. Like dlbalr said, he isn't even the #1 guy on the Dogs. He had a look this year, and didn't impress all that much, or turn the NHL on it's ear, he needs to stfu and go to Hamilton, and earn his chance, and lose the 'tude....

Patches looks extra humgry, last minute push for 40.

He may actually reach it! Number 35 with a beautiful passing!

Great chemistry between Maxpac-dd-Vanek

If they have a strong finish and playoffs, who knows, Vanek may be enticed to stay!

3-1 wings

The lgihts are off in Toronto.

I love it! May actually turn to CBC for the 2nd intermission :clap::canada:

He may actually reach it! Number 35 with a beautiful passing!

Great chemistry between Maxpac-dd-Vanek

If they have a strong finish and playoffs, who knows, Vanek may be enticed to stay!

I love it! May actually turn to CBC for the 2nd intermission :clap::canada:

Vanek does seem to be enjoying himself.

Vanek is making exactly the difference I hoped he would. That line is as deadly as nearly any in hockey. And Desharnais is an important part of it. 50 points despite going 1-for-20, damn. The guy can play.

Gallagher is all over the place tonight! What a little beast that guy is :halm: