Playoffs Round 1 Montreal vs Tampa Bay

johnnyhasbeen

Scored a Stanley Cup winning goal. Go find me someone else on the roster who has done that.

Sorry dude, that's a weak argument. Moen was on a loaded team in 2007...

There was no need for Moen at the start of this year. He wont be fighting anymore after getting concussed.... His intimidation factor is long gone.

Shawn Thorton got dropped/concussed in a fight, exact same as Moan, this year and still doing 'his thing', so Moan likely wont change his play much.

Why would we not want Moen in the ice?

There's no downside to him. He's cheap, he produces at both ends of the ice with occasional clutch goals and great defensive play, and he's a tough guy. I'd love to have three guys just like Moen!

Oh wait, we have three guys just like him - Prust, Weiss, and Moen, himself.

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)

Sorry dude, that's a weak argument. Moen was on a loaded team in 2007...

Go talk to a Ducks fan how important that line was, and how important Moen was in contributing to it.

Travis Moen is one of the best bottom six forwards a team could have in the post-season. I don't care how much he scores. He's vital in shutting down opposition and pushing the momentum. He doesn't have to fight a guy to do that. We never signed him to fight guys. We signed him to be a warrior. He's been excellent for us all season long. Loses one fight and gets hurt and now people want him replaced. Hilarious.

• Upvote 2

With Moan & Plekanec on the PK, I feel darn safe.

Just hope Moan can dress and help shut down Stamkos and kids on the PP (my biggest worry for that series).

Listen I like Dale Weise but the idea of Dale Weise being just as good as Travis Moen is getting silly.

Maybe not as good, but he's the same type of player. He does the same things for a team, maybe just not quite as well.

Guest Stogey24

Listen I like Dale Weise but the idea of Dale Weise being just as good as Travis Moen is getting silly.

Pretty tough to argue with a guy who's favourite player is Moen lol. I just feel like Moen's position becomes redundant with the younger guys we have on this team. I would be amazed if he's back next year. If he is, I'm not against it. I just think its time to let kids fill his role.

Pretty tough to argue with a guy who's favourite player is Moen lol. I just feel like Moen's position becomes redundant with the younger guys we have on this team. I would be amazed if he's back next year. If he is, I'm not against it. I just think its time to let kids fill his role.

We don't have that type of player in our kids though. Ryan White is as close as they come, and I'd just as soon see him collect bad penalties for a different team. At 26 he's too old to learn new behavior on the ice. Besides, Moen is only 32, which means he's coming into the prime of his career, right now.

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)

Go talk to a Ducks fan how important that line was, and how important Moen was in contributing to it.

Travis Moen is one of the best bottom six forwards a team could have in the post-season. I don't care how much he scores. He's vital in shutting down opposition and pushing the momentum. He doesn't have to fight a guy to do that. We never signed him to fight guys. We signed him to be a warrior. He's been excellent for us all season long. Loses one fight and gets hurt and now people want him replaced. Hilarious.

Exactly, Moen is a playoff type player, and was a very important part of the Duck's cup, by being that "hard to play against" shutdown guy, that actually put you on your heels by taking the play to your end. I really like Moen as a hockey player, he can fight and always is a stand out in a war like game, a playoff style game. Definitely think he is worth keeping, especially since he is already signed for a while?

He is one of those "get you through the playoffs" players to quote Bergevin...... like MoLG said, a warrior.

I just feel like Moen's position becomes redundant with the younger guys we have on this team. I would be amazed if he's back next year. If he is, I'm not against it. I just think its time to let kids fill his role.

My thoughts exactly.

Moen is only 32, which means he's coming into the prime of his career, right now.

I think his best years are behind him. Nobody is in their prime at 32. 27 to 30 is generally regarded as a players prime. Considering Moen has played a "tough" game most of his career, i'd say he's slowing down!

I read that it will be Thursday. I'm not sure why, something about TV.

Thanks! I'd prefer Wednesday, but ah well.

I think his best years are behind him. Nobody is in their prime at 32. 27 to 30 is generally regarded as a players prime. Considering Moen has played a "tough" game most of his career, i'd say he's slowing down!

I think 32 could be the tail end of a player's prime, but there's no way that he's 'coming into' his prime like Jeff Price was saying. The years that his body was at peak fitness are behind him.

We need someone to deal with Gudas or I feel he will become a nightmare for us.

Agreed. I had no idea who he was until our last game against Tampa. He was a real pest out there, and nobody on our team what to do about him!

We need someone to deal with Gudas or I feel he will become a nightmare for us.

Gudas is a chump. He's a punching bag, and he draws an outstanding amount of minor penalties.(152 PIMs) He's someone who is going to do something stupid to hurt his team in the first round.

Gudas is a chump. He's a punching bag, and he draws an outstanding amount of minor penalties.(152 PIMs) He's someone who is going to do something stupid to hurt his team in the first round.

I hope you're right!?!

By the way, any news on Bishop yet? Cause if he's out for the Playoffs, I think our chances of moving on to the second round just went up by alot!

Bishop is getting tested today. Tampa already called up a goalie (Not Desjardins).

Did you see the video? He's such a wimp. I don't knock players for injuries, but he was writhing on the ice for three minutes, and was helped off by a teammate and a trainer. For a wrist injury!