Playoffs Round 1 Montreal vs Tampa Bay

johnnyhasbeen

Yes! Tampa have home ice. Tickets are on sale for forty dollars!

Bettman rules.

Nice! I bet there will be lots of Habs' fans at game 1 and 2. Home ice advantage for Tampa my ass!

Guest Stogey24

I want TB to have as many problems as humanly possible going into the series. Bishop, Hedman possibly hurt? Fantastic. Malone busted on a coke charge? Awesome. I could not give a crap HOW we win, I just want us to win. After all, no one gave a sh*t about our problems when our best scorer was deliberately smashed into a metal stanchion just in time for the playoffs, or when our best player had his eye gouged out on a flagrant high stick while on the cusp of leading the team to an upset by his dominant play. F*ck the Lightning and their problems. Let 'em all keel over from Norwalk flu for all I care.

Habs29, you seem to think the Habs have been cosmically put upon ever since Houle. But it seems to me we got miracle playoff runs out of Halak and Theodore, not to mention beating the Bruins in '04 and again in '08. I'd argue that, in fact, we've had a higher portion of playoff success than you'd expect since the year 2000, given our regular season records over that span. My feeling is that when the Habs get on a roll in the playoffs, the excitement in the whole community sweeps the team along like a tsunami. Nothing can match the sheer ebullient intensity of Montreal when it comes to playoff hockey and that can give us a crucial edge in a tough series.

Amen brah.

Schedule:

Wed, Apr. 16 @ TB, 7 PM

Fri, Apr. 18 @ TB, 7 PM

Sun, Apr. 20 @ MTL, 7 PM

Tues, Apr. 22 @ MTL, 7 PM

Thurs, Apr. 24 @ TB, 7 PM*

Sun, Apr. 27 @ MTL, TBD*

Tues, Apr. 29 @ TB, TBD*

Awesome... 6/7 games conflict with my work schedule... :(

CBC crew for Habs-Bolts: Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson, and Glenn Healy with David Amber as the rinkside reporter. No surprises there.

Well, David Amber is ok..... the rest of them, well.... :thumbs_down:

The Rangers/Canadiens game is an example of why I'll take Bob Cole over any of them. Sure he messes up from time to time but the way he called Gionta's penalty shot goal was glorious. That made me forget everything and just be a fan.

You pretty much have no choice but to quit...

either that, or burn down the building where you work... :unsure:;)

I also like Jim Hughson, he's OK!

I want TB to have as many problems as humanly possible going into the series. Bishop, Hedman possibly hurt? Fantastic. Malone busted on a coke charge? Awesome. I could not give a crap HOW we win, I just want us to win. After all, no one gave a sh*t about our problems when our best scorer was deliberately smashed into a metal stanchion just in time for the playoffs, or when our best player had his eye gouged out on a flagrant high stick while on the cusp of leading the team to an upset by his dominant play. F*ck the Lightning and their problems. Let 'em all keel over from Norwalk flu for all I care.

Habs29, you seem to think the Habs have been cosmically put upon ever since Houle. But it seems to me we got miracle playoff runs out of Halak and Theodore, not to mention beating the Bruins in '04 and again in '08. I'd argue that, in fact, we've had a higher portion of playoff success than you'd expect since the year 2000, given our regular season records over that span. My feeling is that when the Habs get on a roll in the playoffs, the excitement in the whole community sweeps the team along like a tsunami. Nothing can match the sheer ebullient intensity of Montreal when it comes to playoff hockey and that can give us a crucial edge in a tough series.

my thoughts exactly :gohabsgo:

In lieu of a regular series preview, we did a trio of Writers Weigh In articles:

Round 1 X-Factors: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3362

Tampa's Top Threats: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3368

Victory Keys: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3364

Our predictions will be posted Wednesday in our regular series predictions article.

Excellent post CC!

Yo, Neech, I think it's time for the pug to make his appearance again on the GDT tomorrow.

I would 2nd that (no disrespect to dlbalr of course).

Guest Stogey24

Shouldn't the dog come back after a loss? The Habs won the last game with the regular GDT...

Ya, your right. I'm questioning even watching the game in English on CBC. Damn superstitions.

Ben Bishop is skating again today in full pads and is working with their goalie coach. I don't think he's facing shots, however. Ondrej Palat left in the 3rd last night with an upper body injury (he missed the last game of the regular season with one as well) and will be re-evaluated today.

How did people feel about the "shoot from anywhere" approach to Lindback last night? I understand the strategy of pressuring a goalie who isn't known for great control, but I also wonder whether such a strategy takes players off their game, in the sense that they keep taking low-percentage shots instead of creating a higher-percentage play like they normally would. Given our domination in the TB zone, it's possible we might have scored more goals had we done the "normal" thing. In a weird way this might be showing the kid too much respect. If he isn't a great goalie, then don't alter your game plan because of him. Not a complaint - but I'm curious what you all think.