2013-14 NHL Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

And now the Rangers lead in Game 7. I really didn't see this coming (I picked Pittsburgh in 5).

Figured Crosby, Malkin, Neal would rip it up and be enough to beat NY.

Don't know who would match up best vs Habs, if they win tomorrow?

Maybe Rangers would be tougher to beat?

Don't know who would match up best vs Habs, if they win tomorrow?

Maybe Rangers would be tougher to beat?

At this point, it doesn't matter to me who matches up best but rather that Montreal has someone to match up with in Round 3.

By the way, it should be noted that if any of LA, MIN, or NYR win their series and the Habs lose tomorrow, their draft pick will improve. It currently sits at #23 I believe.

At this point, it doesn't matter to me who matches up best but rather that Montreal has someone to match up with in Round 3.

By the way, it should be noted that if any of LA, MIN, or NYR win their series and the Habs lose tomorrow, their draft pick will improve. It currently sits at #23 I believe.

Not sure will be a big difference in prospects between 23-29th and I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down, if can get two 2nds or something like that?

Not sure will be a big difference in prospects between 23-29th and I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down, if can get two 2nds or something like that?

Probably not, I'm just mentioning it in case it comes into play if the Habs lose tomorrow. Since NYR won (bye-bye Bylsma?), a Montreal loss would bump them to 22nd overall. On the flip side, a Montreal win would put them to 26th at the very least.

With the Rangers winning, there will be at least one Original Six team in the Stanley Cup Final.

I jokingly predicted that all of the teams that haven't been in the finals would be this year. So Anaheim/Minnesota/New York/Montreal.

So far New York is in while Minnesota is not. Two original six teams to update dlbalr. There's no way we could get all four since only Chicago lives in the West anymore but it's funny that we will get an original six battle regardless for the Eastern Conference final.

This will be the first Original Six Eastern Conference final since 1986. The teams? Montreal and New York.

I'm torn between seeing Saku Koivu get a shot at a Stanley Cup, and getting my 1993 nostalgic rematch for my Habs! I don't know who to cheer for!

The Kings are the only team that scares me.

Ducks are a good team but we would cook them.

Blackhawks are the best team in the NHL but I feel we match up well against them. It'd be an amazing series.

Kings just know how to shut us down. No thank you.

I know that arena availability can have a big role in playoff dates but how exactly does it happen that there are two days in a four day span with zero games in the Conference Finals? It's not like there are NBA conflicts either as the Clippers, Lakers, Knicks, and Bulls are all out of the playoffs.

In principle, frickin hockey in June is lame.

I don't mind hockey in June (it means there's less time between the end of the playoffs and the start of the next season) but this just seems like such a contrast between what we saw in the early rounds. It was regularly every other day then with the odd back-to-back mixed in, now it has gone completely the other way.

I don't mind hockey in June (it means there's less time between the end of the playoffs and the start of the next season) but this just seems like such a contrast between what we saw in the early rounds. It was regularly every other day then with the odd back-to-back mixed in, now it has gone completely the other way.

I see it like like having a World Series @ X-mas, hockey just isn't played in June by majority of people who play.

Just not 'natural' and I would prefer a 5 games series in first round, maybe even shorter reg season. But, they are raking in the cash and is a business, so what can you expect and if I was an owner I would likely do same.

Well, Chicago dosent seem dead quite yet neither.

And good game with lots of scoring early.

Saad continues to impress and how he wasn't 1st star?

39 minutes of super play for Doughty also.

Tonight's Game 7 is important to the Habs believe it or not even though it's a Western game. If Chicago wins, the Habs will pick 27th overall (and 87th, 117th, etc). If LA wins, Montreal moves up a spot and would select 26th (and 86th, 116th, etc).

Tonight's Game 7 is important to the Habs believe it or not even though it's a Western game. If Chicago wins, the Habs will pick 27th overall (and 87th, 117th, etc). If LA wins, Montreal moves up a spot and would select 26th (and 86th, 116th, etc).

I was cheering for the Hawks, that's a nice little consolation.

26th -86th pick it is, now if Bergevin can get Timmins a 2nd/early 3rd round pick back would make draft day a bit more interesting and lots of 'good' quality d-men prospects that should be available in that range..

I'm hoping for a Rangers cup win. I won't cheer, but I would like knowing that we got knocked out by the champs

That's how I usually roll as well, but I just can't bring myself to root for Rick Nash. Numerous other guys on the Rangers I'd like to root for, but I just can't do it for Nash. Granted, it's not much better rooting for Jeff Carter, but I blame management more than I blame him for his short stint in Columbus.

This is the first time I've really struggled to be interested in the playoffs once the Habs were eliminated. Usually I'm not expecting much out of them, so it's too crushing when they go out. Even when the made it to the Conference Finals a few years back, it didn't feel like we belonged there, so I wasn't expecting anything once we got there. This year, though, all year long I thought this team had a legitimate shot at a long run. I thought we would run over the Rangers and put up a fight in the Finals. I still haven't quite come to grips with losing to the Rangers, in 6 games no less.

Could really care less who wins finals, same as last year and past 20some odd years, summer hockey is for the birds anyways and if Habs aint playing I am going fishin/golfing.

Come on draft day!

I'm conflicted.

I don't understand why people don't hate the Kings. They are a very hateable team. Dustin Brown is as cheap as they come. Doughy can be inconsistent. Quick is a drunk. Richards and Carter are your typical fratboys. The only guys I like are Voynov, Williams and Kopitar. I do like the story of Gaborik against the Rangers though.

As for New York, I don't really hate them. McDonaugh got away with murder at times, Nash is lazy and Kreider did get away with murder on Price but I don't hate them. Always liked Richards and St. Louis. Really like Zuc. Dom Moore is the best story in hockey. Lundqvist is a very likeable superstar.

So for me, I have a feeling the Kings will hoist the Cup again but I wouldn't be sad if the Rangers won. I always prefer to see the team that beat us win the Cup.

No doubt I'm crazy, but I think the Rags have a good chance to win this thing. There were a lot of mistakes in that Chicago series, and to me that speaks to fatigue. The Kings have gone through two absolutely devastating playoff series to get here, and while it's precisely that that has everyone picking them to win, I think it means they will have much less in the tank than New York, who are basically healthy and fresh. NYR speed will not give the Kings any respite, and - equally importantly - I am seriously impressed with the mistake-free hockey Vigneault has them playing. I see the Vegas odds have the Kings favoured 10-1. At those odds, I'd be laying some coin on the Rags for sure.

The pain in a NYR victory will be in seeing that pr*ck Kreider hoist the mug, and of course the burning what-might-have-been agony of Ryan McDonagh. Ah well. There's always next year!

There probably will be no pain from a Rangers victory, because there will be no Rangers cup victory if they don't win tonight.... they didn't look like they could compete as evidenced by the last half of game 1.

I definitely hate the Rangers more than the Kings, and personally I like Sutter, he's a crazy Mofo, not conceited, just all business and you can tell he is "the boss". He's great for entertainment in front of the media with his short and to the point answers.

I don't like the Rangers at all, to me they all look like perverts with the team goatee concept....

Kings are legitimate tough, talented, hard nosed, and hard working, and never quit, their players have earned each series victory in spades....so for me it's Go Kings.....

I am hearing Don though..... I don't leave fishing early to rush home for the games now....