Game 2, Habs vs Bruins, 12:30 PM

dlbalr

Amen brother, amen!

Ya..can you believe it?? 2-1 going into the 3rd in game 2 in Boston

I'll take it

Are they going to be talking about staying "calm" and "focused" in a certain Beantown dressing room....

Unfortunate we didn't get the dagger goal...but the bench minor, and Iginla becoming unglued and on the verge of taking a hothead penalty...clearly Carey is mind-F-ing the Bruins very nicely :)

The big development in that period was not the two goals...it's the fact that Boston is finally starting to show serious signs of frustration. That is perfect for us - exactly the script we wanted. Third period will be epic!

Vanek needs to keep it going.

It's clear he's playing sick....could see it last game with the short shifts and lookign beet red and sucking wind on the bench even after said very short shifts. He'll get healthy, and get better...no worries.

Vanek and Pacs have been so slow and soft with the puck...not winning many battles. Pacs was never a great passer but he is really missing a lot of simple passes..

I suspect something g is wrong with Vanek. He is pretty effective if he is standing in front of the net but his skating is slow and he doesn't want to engage on the boards. Maybe a rib? We sure won't find out until after the playoffs.

An early goal in the third might be all it takes, but Boston is quite capable of a comeback. Worse, they might get dangerous, if you know what I mean.

Price is out of his mind right now.

Very impressive performance ! Keep going Carey ! Another epic series against the Bruins. Hope we survive that dreadful 3rd period.

It's clear he's playing sick....could see it last game with the short shifts and lookign beet red and sucking wind on the bench even after said very short shifts. He'll get healthy, and get better...no worries.

Seems very plausible. Let's hope.

That was a much better period even before factoring in the two goals. For the first 6-8 minutes, Montreal was carrying the play, the first sign of sustained pressure in this series. There are still holes to plug in the defensive zone but on the whole, that was their best period out of the six and change we've seen so far.

This 3rd defence pairing is interesting - at the beginning of the series, many (myself included) wanted to see a change made to get more size on the blueline. The natural thought is that one of Bouillon or Weaver (most would prefer the latter sitting obviously) would be the one to sit. Both small D's have scored huge goals already in these two games. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Vanek and Pacs have been so slow and soft with the puck...not winning many battles. Pacs was never a great passer but he is really missing a lot of simple passes..

I suspect something g is wrong with Vanek. He is pretty effective if he is standing in front of the net but his skating is slow and he doesn't want to engage on the boards. Maybe a rib? We sure won't find out until after the playoffs.

An early goal in the third might be all it takes, but Boston is quite capable of a comeback. Worse, they might get dangerous, if you know what I mean.

Good point.. his play with a rib injury would be like playing with the flu or illness. Hard to breathe.. no freedom of motion.

4:28 for Prust

6:46 for Frankie

Coaches seems to have picked proper 2 players to 'rest' the most.

Weise and Bournival are also under 5, Briere under 6. They've really shortened the bench. But, the longest layoff between games in this series is between this one and Tuesday's game so now's the time to do it.

That was a much better period even before factoring in the two goals. For the first 6-8 minutes, Montreal was carrying the play, the first sign of sustained pressure in this series. There are still holes to plug in the defensive zone but on the whole, that was their best period out of the six and change we've seen so far.

This 3rd defence pairing is interesting - at the beginning of the series, many (myself included) wanted to see a change made to get more size on the blueline. The natural thought is that one of Bouillon or Weaver (most would prefer the latter sitting obviously) would be the one to sit. Both small D's have scored huge goals already in these two games. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Agreed Brian. Best period yet despite the Booin surge, and ya, who would call the CUBE and a dream Weaver?

Yeah, Bouillon and Weaver are turning out to be archetypical past-their-prime playoff veterans: borderline scrubs in the regular season, but absolutely blood-and-guts in the postseason. Brilliant GMing by Zoot Suit to pick Weaver up. (Remember all the negativity about him originally?)

Man, this period is gonna by HUGE. It'll be all hands on deck for sure. And for heaven's sake, when you get that odd man rush, that counter-strike chance, MAKE 'EM PAY. This is it, boys!!! All or nothing!!!

The big development in that period was not the two goals...it's the fact that Boston is finally starting to show serious signs of frustration. That is perfect for us - exactly the script we wanted. Third period will be epic!

I agree, storyline so far is as the momentum starts to swing the Hab's way for longer stretches at a time, and with them trailing by a goal, the Bruin's frustration mounts.... :gohabsgo:

Yeah, Bouillon and Weaver are turning out to be archetypical past-their-prime playoff veterans: borderline scrubs in the regular season, but absolutely blood-and-guts in the postseason. Brilliant GMing by Zoot Suit to pick Weaver up. (Remember all the negativity about him originally?)

Man, this period is gonna by HUGE. It'll be all hands on deck for sure. And for heaven's sake, when you get that odd man rush, that counter-strike chance, MAKE 'EM PAY. This is it, boys!!! All or nothing!!!

Oh YA Cuke , Oh YA!!

:hyper::hyper:

Here's a question - how can Vanek have an injury? He showed no signs of it against Tampa. So unless he bruised a rib in, like, the first shift of Game One, when did it happen? Did he fall down the stairs at home or something?

Anyway, it's moot right now. GO HABS GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weise and Bournival are also under 5, Briere under 6. They've really shortened the bench. But, the longest layoff between games in this series is between this one and Tuesday's game so now's the time to do it.

nother 3 1/2 days is kooky.

Should be a law about not allowing NHL play in June.