May 22, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

But, might help explain why Subban has just tossed puck up in the air, up the middle for easy turnovers, or airmailing passes by all of forwards for icings? Instead of just skating or simply making a safer play?

Maybe am being too critical?

Let's face the facts, Subban - as much as I love him and consider him a genuine superstar - has had erratic tendencies all season. Look at how confused he was in the first game against TB, and then how dominant he was in the second game (!). I don't think fatigue can be an explanation for a 24-year-old stud used to playing monster minutes. I think the issue is between his ears. He has seemed uncertain since Game Six against the Bruins (when he was one of the only guys who didn't play particularly well by his own standards), hesitating over whether to pass or shoot, to rush or pass it off, etc.. It may be that other teams are keying on him with more relentlessness and focus than he is accustomed to, and he is struggling to adjust. Or it may be that he is once again hearing a chorus of competing voices in his head from coaches telling him not to follow his own instincts, which is something he's had to deal with since arriving in the NHL and is a big part of the reason for his inconsistencies.

Again, if fatigue is the genuine issue, then we only defeated Boston through a superhuman effort and have nothing left to give. This means we are not as good a team as we think we are. Cherry was, in fact, insulting the Habs with that remark - framing them as a "little team that could" and has understandably hit the wall after dispatching a massively superior squad. He may be right, but it's a depressing argument.

After getting the win in game 3 while playing likely their worst game of the season I expect the team to come out with great energy and renewed confidence in game 4. I think that blowing the lead and coming back in OT could be a helpful lesson down this playoff road to show that even after a bad bounce this team can still win. I hope that it will go a long way to strengthen the mental toughness of the team and solidify the no quit attitude.

As for weather the team is out of gas or not I don't believe that for a second. The one thing I would be concerned about, particularly with Subban is that there may lingering injuries, and they can be as big a factor as anything in disrupting the mental aspects of the game.

For those who are interested in the practice lines, Bournival was in Prust's spot on the 4th line today. Bouillon was in Beaulieu's spot with Weaver while Tinordi and Beaulieu were splitting time with Murray. I think we're going to see a swap on the blueline tomorrow...

For those who are interested in the practice lines, Bournival was in Prust's spot on the 4th line today. Bouillon was in Beaulieu's spot with Weaver while Tinordi and Beaulieu were splitting time with Murray. I think we're going to see a swap on the blueline tomorrow...

Why!!??!!

Every time I watch Beaulieu play I like what I see. I know hes not a defensive master shutdown guy but he competes hard skates well and moves the puck. He is going to have to play to get better. Its not like Bouillon is without flaws. All that said while MT is perhaps not the ideal coach he is growing on me and I definitely like him a helluva lot more than Jaque Martin.

Why!!??!!

Every time I watch Beaulieu play I like what I see. I know hes not a defensive master shutdown guy but he competes hard skates well and moves the puck. He is going to have to play to get better. Its not like Bouillon is without flaws. All that said while MT is perhaps not the ideal coach he is growing on me and I definitely like him a helluva lot more than Jaque Martin.

Bouillon just has ton of experience and can play solid, especially if only 9-10minutes/game (but I still miss the big swede). Beaulieu will likely play lots more years, Frankie may be nearing end of career and may provide another key goal in next couple games?

Why!!??!!

I suspect there's a reason that Beaulieu had just one shift in the 3rd period. Whatever happened there to make the coaching staff not trust him enough to play him a single shift (in a tie game) in the final ~18 minutes is probably what has him coming out of the lineup.

As for why Bouillon over Murray? The Rangers are a faster team, Murray would have a hard time with the speed. Bouillon and Weaver also played well at the beginning of the postseason, they're probably hoping now that Bouillon is rested (he tends to play well after sitting for a couple of weeks), they can have some short-term success.

More on the practice. Unwritten rule in the league is that opposition staff do not watch practices unless on game day. Rumor is A bunch of Rangers coaching staff were at the Canadiens practice today.Therrien screamed at them till they left.

Bouillon also delivered some great play for us earlier in the playoffs. I wouldn't rip my hair out if he slots in.

I am fine with any of Beaulieu-Bouillon-Tinordi-Murray slottin in; but, just got couple personal favourites I would prefer to see play.

More on the practice. Unwritten rule in the league is that opposition staff do not watch practices unless on game day. Rumor is A bunch of Rangers coaching staff were at the Canadiens practice today.Therrien screamed at them till they left.

This is one of the reasons that Therrien is the guy for me. What kind of reaction would John Cooper or Dallas Eakins had? I firmly believe that if they didn't leave it would come to blows. Yes, I'm serious. Read about Therrien in the early 90's, he was a bodyguard for a Quebecois pop star and beat up another coach in junior. He's matured, but in a pressure/stress situation, he would revert. If you think the players don't love that, you're wrong. I'd love to see him have a go with that Boston Créme puff Julien.

• Upvote 1

I actually thought the Cube would go in last game but I am fine with it.

. Read about Therrien in the early 90's, he was a bodyguard for a Quebecois pop star and beat up another coach in junior.

That could explain a few things, did he take one too many to the noggin? :) Just kidding Don.

Prust hit was very late, blindside hit. Not high but definitely a dangerous hit. Anyone who believes Chara should have recieved discipline for his interference hit on Pac, should accept that Prusts hit was suspension worthy. I support the suspension... Provided these rulings are handed out fairly the other way.

Me too. No doubt about it. No enforcement is going to be either consistent or just all the time and squeaky wheels and displays get inevitable attention.

Bouillon also delivered some great play for us earlier in the playoffs. I wouldn't rip my hair out if he slots in.

Cubists unite!!

Haven't posted for a while guys! Just been enjoying the playoffs and $#!4!ng my pants every now and then. Honestly I loved every moment of these playoffs, up untill game 1 and 2 of this series lol. Honestly killed my buzz for a few days. But! The Habs have givin themselves and myslef life again with the last win. In a 2-1 series anything can happen. I know our team can do this! I tip my hat to both budaj and tokarski, but most give budaj a bro hug. What a guy.

I have confidence in the Habs.

If the Habs win the next game I think they can take the series. Go Habs go!

Haven't posted for a while guys! Just been enjoying the playoffs and $#!4!ng my pants every now and then. Honestly I loved every moment of these playoffs, up untill game 1 and 2 of this series lol. Honestly killed my buzz for a few days. But! The Habs have givin themselves and myslef life again with the last win. In a 2-1 series anything can happen. I know our team can do this! I tip my hat to both budaj and tokarski, but most give budaj a bro hug. What a guy.

I have confidence in the Habs.

If the Habs win the next game I think they can take the series. Go Habs go!

I feel the same way, on all points you made, especially in having confidence in this version of the Habs. Win this next one, and we indeed can and will win the series. Mtl can play a lot better than they did in game 3,(game 6 vs Bos) NY can't play any better than they have thus far.

Reading the story and the jeers and cheers on the front page, I agree whole heartedly with Brian that the Habs need to go back to "saying nothing" as opposed to this media jousting with the cry baby AV.... non productive and distracting from the goal.

Hoping to see Bournival back tonight, and although I don't mind Cube slotting in, I liked Beaulieu's contributions so far, apparently JJ and MT, not so much.

:gohabsgo::habslogo::gohabsgo:

I actually thought the Cube would go in last game but I am fine with it.

That could explain a few things, did he take one too many to the noggin? :) Just kidding Don.

Even the Oracale dlbalr is giving props to punch-drunk Mikey. :clap:

He also had smart comment that gamesmanship in media does little good for Habs. And Gallagher/Subban et al would be best off to turn other cheek and play 'whistle to whistle' today.

(Now off to see if I can top my 3-putt total from yesterday, Murray's skating stride and my putting stroke are equally smooth and fluid!)