Habs sign Jiri Sekac

dlbalr

I feel for Sekac he has done everything that was asked of him and been the good soldier but he is not being given an opportunity.

To Hamilton with him! We dont know what goes on behind clsoed doors, has he done all he was asked to do? I know I aint got a clue, does any fan really?

But we can speculate for sure.

(and since i said he was not gonna make roster opening day, I will stick with 'he is betetr off in minors' to start anyways.)

Many were high on de la Rose and he is not really shining or making any impact at all in AHL yet.

To Hamilton with him! We dont know what goes on behind clsoed doors, has he done all he was asked to do? I know I aint got a clue, does any fan really?

But we can speculate for sure.

(and since i said he was not gonna make roster opening day, I will stick with 'he is betetr off in minors' to start anyways.)

Many were high on de la Rose and he is not really shining or making any impact at all in AHL yet.

Well he hasn't bitched or moaned about not playing, that I have heard. What I have seen of him he always seems to work hard. Maybe Hamilton is the place for him, I agree that eating hot dogs at the bell center ain't doing him any good, except he gets paid a lot of money to eat hot dogs.

Let me put how much of a non-story this ended up being:

- Sekac's rights went to Kazan... in June. Not recently. It happened in June.

- Sekac's contract does say that he can choose Europe over the AHL if he's sent down, but that hasn't come up.

- Sekac hasn't once complained and was credited for working hard in practice.

- Sekac practiced half of a practice on the third line the other night. Bourque got the call yesterday. Sekac gets the call against Buffalo tonight.

In other words, this was another subtle attack on a European player. Not a peep about Bournival.

• Upvote 1

Let me put how much of a non-story this ended up being:

- Sekac's rights went to Kazan... in June. Not recently. It happened in June.

- Sekac's contract does say that he can choose Europe over the AHL if he's sent down, but that hasn't come up.

- Sekac hasn't once complained and was credited for working hard in practice.

- Sekac practiced half of a practice on the third line the other night. Bourque got the call yesterday. Sekac gets the call against Buffalo tonight.

In other words, this was another subtle attack on a European player. Not a peep about Bournival.

Good info thank you

Cool, love to see the kid get another shot and yes, 'by all appearances' he has been a good teammate and not gone whining to press (like a Pacioretty did, but he also backed up his talk with awesome play and never saw AHL again).

But, like the 8minutes Bournival got yesterday, Sekac may not have much of a real chance to showcase much, but I think he needs to make sure his -4 dosent get worse and be responsible in own end (not that I can recall him being a Cammalleri-like useless floating piece of crap in own end).

Guest Stogey24

Sekac almost buried in the first 5 minutes of the game last night and laid a huge hit while playing 11 minutes. More than I can say for most of the players on this team in he past few games.

Guest Stogey24

"It's hard to forget the success I had there..." Yeah, you were half as good as Brandon Bochenski and Radulov. See ya.

He's definitely sounding a little sketchy in that statement.

"My agent doesn’t really talk about Russia with me.”

Sekac said that he would accept to be sent to Hamilton of the AHL if required and would not go back to Europe.

All you need to take from that. Could we please not try to run out every European who comes to the team? I think we can all agree he should have been playing over Bourque the entire time.

All you need to take from that. Could we please not try to run out every European who comes to the team? I think we can all agree he should have been playing over Bourque the entire time.

I'll add this to the list of relevant quotes as well:

But I remind myself that I must work harder and that I want to stay here."

Yes, he had some success in the KHL and it's unfair to expect him to simply forget about that overnight. When he joined that league, he was a nothing prospect and three years later, 12 teams offered him NHL deals. That's pretty good if you ask me. But nothing from that comment about his success suggests that he has an inkling to leave.

I'll agree that he should be playing over the biggest piece of garbage in the league, but the expectation when he was signed was to play for the Habs, which I took issue with, because they have two players who bring the same elements. (Weise and Bournival).

He may not amount to much anyways, seems most of those 'high profile' older undrafted free agents bust or never live up to hype.

But, he seems to look OK so far (but so did LL, at times White did and many others who simply faded away).

So if he exited stage left, wouldn't get too worked up.

I'll agree that he should be playing over the biggest piece of garbage in the league, but the expectation when he was signed was to play for the Habs, which I took issue with, because they have two players who bring the same elements. (Weise and Bournival).

I think he has a lot more skill than those two? wouldn't you say.

I'll add this to the list of relevant quotes as well:

Yes, he had some success in the KHL and it's unfair to expect him to simply forget about that overnight. When he joined that league, he was a nothing prospect and three years later, 12 teams offered him NHL deals. That's pretty good if you ask me. But nothing from that comment about his success suggests that he has an inkling to leave.

That's how I took what he said, fond memories of KHL, but wants very much to stay here... Habs need his skill anyway...

Habs' fans - maybe all fan-bases except TO (whose fans assume that every player in the league is just panting with excitement at joining their basket case of an organization) - have an irrational fear that every player is just counting the days until he can get the hell out of town for greener pastures. I've heard it all in my time: Markov will never re-sign with us; PK Subban hates Therrien and will never sign a long-term deal with us; Price won't stay in Montreal because of the pressure; this organization will never sign UFAs because nobody wants to play in Montreal; Sekac will immediately bolt to Europe if he is demoted or otherwise mistreated. Please. If the kid wants to be in the NHL, he will put up with the growing pains and be a responsible team player. If he doesn't, then he was never committed in the first place, so who needs him?

What I will say is that Sekac will rapidly become one of my favourite Habs if he can reliably force Bourque into the press-box. Heck, he'll be a hero!!

• Upvote 2

It's mind boggling to me how many people forget that Sekac had teams which could have slotted him in the top six immediately (Carolina comes to mind) interested in his services. If he wanted immediate NHL minutes he could have had them. He chose Montreal, which had the best record out of the teams seriously interested in him (most analysts thought he was going to Philadelphia or Vancouver, the Canucks another team where he could have made top six) and had the biggest logjam of forwards. He went to the team which had the highest risk of sending him back to the AHL. All of those signs point to a player that knew he wasn't going to have it easy.

And people assume he's going to take the easy route and just leave if not given minutes?

The kid's dad is frustrated. He's frustrated. And they both have good reason to be. Sekac has played well enough to be in this lineup. He played better than Weise, who inexplicably got top minutes on the DD/Patches line. He played better than Moen. He played better than Malhotra offensively. He played better than Eller and Bourque by far. The only guys you could argue he didn't play over were Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Desharnais and Parenteau. That still should have meant a spot for him in the roster. But Therrien benched him and rode Bourque in the hopes he'd break out of a slump. It didn't work and Sekac is now back in the lineup. And the only reason anyone is giving him heck is because they think he's just going to bolt to Europe.

It's bloody silly. When Blake Wheeler refused to report to Phoenix, everyone applauded him. When Sekac reports, plays, gets benched and might be bummed out about it? It's good riddance, get the hell out foreigner.

• Upvote 1

Bourque vs Sekac: the Battle of the One Point Men. I said over the summer that we should put Bourque-Eller-Sekac on the same line. This way we can get all out false hope, excuses and disappointment out in one shift.

:lol:

The "Enigma Line"

:lol:

The "Enigma Line"

The "Oh my gawd that was ing terrib-no wait, that was pretty aweso-motherer can you even pass the puc-SWEET JESUS ON A CRACKER DID YOU SEE THOSE MOV-TITTY ING DRIZZLING SHITS THESE ASSHOLES CAN'T DO ANYTHI-SONOVA BITCH BASTARD THAT WAS THE GOAL OF THE YEAR but still, Bourque" Line

• Upvote 1

I for one am very happy to see him back in the lineup. He deserves every second of ice time he has got this year. I don't believe I have even seen him take a shift off. I love his ability to compete for loose pucks, I love the way he contributes at both ends of the ice he is absolute revelation for a player many believe should be sent to Hamilton. #Foundmoney