Who is the most untouchable Hab?

dlbalr

Many puppetmasters use same basic playbook, but for sure are differences between coaches, they are different people and basically live with players for 8-10 months a year, day after day in hotels/planes/buses/restaurants/practice meetings etc etc and communication/personalities play a good part of relationships with players.

So how a hothead like Torterella might deal with situation is likely much different than a J. Martin.

Still say Price is most untouchable, no matter who is coaching. :ph34r:

those red wings have always been riddled with talent over the last 20+years. from Fedorov, shanny and yzerman to lidstrom, datsyuk and zetterberg. Some might even say babcock himself has been under achieving with his detroit group and simply rode the coat tails of lidstrom all these years....

my order in importance to success of the team right now.....

1.price

2.subban

3.markov

4.pacioretty

5.galchenyuk

and then a toss up from plex, sekac and gallagher (note: only reason plex is in this toss up category is the fact malholtra and eller have been great on the pk, defensive situations and at the dot)

Andrighetto not doing poorly and team also looking ok with Eller out of lineup (few too many shots in last one but...).

So maybe Eller's 'untouchableness' is even bit lower now and Hudon also is bound to get a crack with big club anytime now if he keeps producing?

Really? Cause I don't think the Dead Wings make it to the playoffs without Mike Babcock.

I agree with you 100% in that situation. Jacques Martin made his whole career from taking .500 teams to 8th place. But the Blackhawks are still a contender with Therrien or a lesser coach behind the bench.

Toews-Kane-Sharp-Hossa-Keith kinda would do good things..... even with P.J. Stock as President, GM & head coach!

Ok now that is carrying it just a little too far. PJ Stock makes my old jock strap look smart. He would find a way to screw them up. And of course with him in charge, they would not have those players.

Sorry...yes I meant as long as they were the core of team, which you are correct may not be very long before Lacavalier & Phaneuf would be Hawks, Keith/Toews are Leafs, hell freezes' over and Vince Vaughan's cancelled his season pass.

Sorry...yes I meant as long as they were the core of team, which you are correct may not be very long before Lacavalier & Phaneuf would be Hawks, Keith/Toews are Leafs, hell freezes' over and Vince Vaughan's cancelled his season pass.

:)

well ya know the old saying ....since Wayne was traded nobody is untouchable .............. but Price is on this team. Most teams would drop if they lost top goalie (although hawks and blues have and they are winning anyways)

Price is a franchise player like Roy was. However the habs contended every year Roy played, except for his last one, which happened to be the one he quit on. But that's is a debate for another thread.

Price untouchable....will retire a Canadien

A follow-up question to maybe spark some discussion (and keep the thread on topic) - For those who view Price as the most untouchable now, would that have been the case last year before Subban signed the richest contract in franchise history? (In other words, does Subban's expensive deal cause you to put him lower on your list?)

Subban's contract hasn,t changed a thng for me. Carey is da man!!! End of Story!

My Top 5

1: Carey

2: P.K

3: Max

4: Chucky

5: Marky

To those who think that the Habs could trade Price and the team would be fine, I'd just like to point to the decade following the trade of King Patrick...those were the worst years in franchise history. Enough said!

I sure hope Carey retires as a Hab..but I could see the Habs trading him when he's 34 or 35 years old.

Marky 5a

Sekac 5b

..yep, this kid should be mentioned as an untouchable. with his skill and contract, oh yes, he's a keeper for sure

Don't you find it a little premature to say he's an UNTOUCHABLE!? The Kid has what, 23 games of NHL experience!? Don't get me wrong, I like him, in fact, I like him ALOT, but to say he's in the same class as Carey, P.K., Max, Chucky and Markov...i don't think he's there just yet!

The first time Rick Dudley watched him play, he called MB after one period and told him to sign this kid. Sekac can play, he's incredibly skilled, and the best thing I like about him is his hunger to drive to the net. This kid's the real deal and yes, deserves to be mentioned along with our top players. gonna score again tonight, i'll guarantee it. if not, i'll keep quiet for one week!! true story

and the best thing I like about him is his hunger to drive to the net.

I have to agree with you on that..I also love the fact that he drives to the net! We need more guys to do that!

For whatever reason, the position of goaltender is of the utmost importance to this franchise. You can directly link our past success to the performance of the goaltending. Whether it's Roy, Halak or even Theodore, we seem to go as the goalies go. As soon as we drafted Carey Price, he became my favorite player. I was one of the few who wasn't worried through his learning curves and seen the big picture. He has won at every level and one day will hoist Lord Stanley's Cup over his head. This player will go down as one of the best of his generation, and for that, he is the most untouchable Hab in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if is just a few who have been fans since he came into AHL out of junior, at end of year and won Calder Cup, maybe was MVP of playoffs also? (memory not that good)

He was questioned when Halak took #1 role and during 2011-12 season, but I think many were still in his corner.

And he is routinely the best Hab on ice and how many frickin Molson Hab of month awards has he won in past few years?

How many soft goals has he given up this year?

For whatever reason, the position of goaltender is of the utmost importance to this franchise. You can directly link our past success to the performance of the goaltending. Whether it's Roy, Halak or even Theodore, we seem to go as the goalies go. As soon as we drafted Carey Price, he became my favorite player. I was one of the few who wasn't worried through his learning curves and seen the big picture. He has won at every level and one day will hoist Lord Stanley's Cup over his head. This player will go down as one of the best of his generation, and for that, he is the most untouchable Hab in my opinion.

Great post. well said. Agreed

I don't know if is just a few who have been fans since he came into AHL out of junior, at end of year and won Calder Cup, maybe was MVP of playoffs also? (memory not that good)

He was questioned when Halak took #1 role and during 2011-12 season, but I think many were still in his corner.

And he is routinely the best Hab on ice and how many frickin Molson Hab of month awards has he won in past few years?

How many soft goals has he given up this year?

He had a great junior career. Won gold with a shut out in the deciding game. Starred in Hamilton winning four rounds starting every series on the road. (a first) Won Calder Cup and the MVP of the play offs. His first NHL play offs he went seven with the bruins getting a shut out in game seven. Then struggled against Flyers and the Habs were toast. His game ran hot and cold the next season as the habs (without Markov) were swept by Briuins in 09. He and Halak battled for the number one position in 010, and when Halak got hot he ran with it. After the trade of Halak in the summer Prices game improved dramatically. Had a great season, lost in seven to red hot Thomas and the Bruins, but Carey played fantastic. 012 the team bottomed out and the front office was the but of jokes around the league. Markov came back stronger than feared and Carey answered with a great season. Olympics he was unbeatable behind a wall of defense and his confidence was solidified. He makes it look easy and is the type of goalie that could put the Oilers in the play offs.

If he is not untouchable, no player is.

He had a great junior career. Won gold with a shut out in the deciding game. Starred in Hamilton winning four rounds starting every series on the road. (a first) Won Calder Cup and the MVP of the play offs. His first NHL play offs he went seven with the bruins getting a shut out in game seven. Then struggled against Flyers and the Habs were toast. His game ran hot and cold the next season as the habs (without Markov) were swept by Briuins in 09. He and Halak battled for the number one position in 010, and when Halak got hot he ran with it. After the trade of Halak in the summer Prices game improved dramatically. Had a great season, lost in seven to red hot Thomas and the Bruins, but Carey played fantastic. 012 the team bottomed out and the front office was the but of jokes around the league. Markov came back stronger than feared and Carey answered with a great season. Olympics he was unbeatable behind a wall of defense and his confidence was solidified. He makes it look easy and is the type of goalie that could put the Oilers in the play offs.

If he is not untouchable, no player is.

Well said!

illWill makes a great point about the Habs and goaltending. The Montreal Canadiens have always, always had a knack for finding great goalies, whether it be on a temporary 'emergency' basis just in time for some sort of miracle run (Penney, Theodore, Halak) or in the more enduring sense of all-time greats (Plante, Dryden, Roy). I'm pretty sure that was in Gainey's mind when he made that pick: 'this is the basic Habs' recipe...'

illWill makes a great point about the Habs and goaltending. The Montreal Canadiens have always, always had a knack for finding great goalies, whether it be on a temporary 'emergency' basis just in time for some sort of miracle run (Penney, Theodore, Halak) or in the more enduring sense of all-time greats (Plante, Dryden, Roy). I'm pretty sure that was in Gainey's mind when he made that pick: 'this is the basic Habs' recipe...'

YEP

• 2 weeks later...