Who is the most untouchable Hab?

dlbalr

No way I would take Stamkos for Price. Stamkos for anyone else on the team, sure. But not Price.

(Also, no way I'd take MacKinnon for Subban.)

would you trade him for Sid crosby? I wouldn't. that is what I call untouchable.

guys... we used the 5th overall pick to draft a goalie!!! this goalie... that is unheard of in this modern NHL! carey price is special and he is just entering the dominant part of his career. these next 5 seasons will be the pinnacle of his talent and if MB is smart which i know he is, he will be going all in over these next few seasons! the habs time is now my friends! not 3 seasons from now.... but right now with carey price entering 27-31 years of age. with subban pacioretty galchenyuk and the veterans markov and gonchar... it is right now that i want to see something big in order to see another substantial asset brought in without removing current parts... we are close.. very close

• Upvote 1

Chicago gives up 29.0 shots against a game. Montreal gives up 30.4 shots against a game. That's not a big stretch there.

The bigger issue is how many shots per game Montreal takes. It's 27.4. Bottom four in the league. The brunt of the league averages between 29 and 30 shots.

It's not shots on goal that is the issue it's scoring chances.

Chicago does not depend on Crawford to ein every friggin game.

Even Nashville with the best goalie in the game (which will probably not be accepted by everyone here), does not rely on Rinne to win every game. I'm a price fan, but I'm not blind, to who has had the best GAA and save percentage over the last few years. Granted, nashville's D had been less porous.

If price and tokarski are not good we lose. Even if they are just average we lose. The entire defense has been way to careless in our zone. It's not just that we are making turnovers, it's the type of turnovers we are making. Markov had settled down from the start of the year and Subban has looked steadier the last couple of games, but for a lot of the year, the overall defensive game - particularly in the first period has been far too careless.

Chicago gives up 29.0 shots against a game. Montreal gives up 30.4 shots against a game. That's not a big stretch there.

The bigger issue is how many shots per game Montreal takes. It's 27.4. Bottom four in the league. The brunt of the league averages between 29 and 30 shots.

guys... we used the 5th overall pick to draft a goalie!!! this goalie... that is unheard of in this modern NHL! carey price is special and he is just entering the dominant part of his career. these next 5 seasons will be the pinnacle of his talent and if MB is smart which i know he is, he will be going all in over these next few seasons! the habs time is now my friends! not 3 seasons from now.... but right now with carey price entering 27-31 years of age. with subban pacioretty galchenyuk and the veterans markov and gonchar... it is right now that i want to see something big in order to see another substantial asset brought in without removing current parts... we are close.. very close

Close yes. However its not like the rest of the league is slowing down and waiting. Other teams are are just as, while others are closer or already there. Habs are a good regular season team. However good points have been made that their wins depend far too much on stellar goal tending. MB has work to do.

Really though, every team in the league relies on their goalie to win sometimes, if the goalie is mediocre, so is the team's record, unless you're Detroit a few years running.

Habs just happen to have the premier goaltender in the NHL, yes it enhances our record, but we still have a decent team and game, in getting to this point in the standings no?

Take Price out and we're still a playoffs team.

Now trade Price for some offense, and who knows, maybe we'd score more goals and win in a different way...

Price is one of the reason why we're at the top, not the ONLY reason.

• Upvote 1

Now trade Price for some offense, and who knows, maybe we'd score more goals and win in a different way...

Nicely said. The mere fact that people are complaining about relying too much on our biggest strength to win games is absurd. Our team is built a certain way and plays accordingly. Sitting on top of the standings halfway through a season after a Conference finals is a clear indication that whatever they are doing is working.

Nope not the only reason but probably the BIGGEST. :) How tall is he again?

• Upvote 1

I usually agree with you, but on this, i'm gonna have to disagree. Price is THE main reason why this team is where it is. If you trade Price, there's no way the Habs are on top of the Eastern Conference. I'm not saying that they'd be in 13th place either, but they wouldn't be on top!

I usually agree with you, but on this, i'm gonna have to disagree. Price is THE main reason why this team is where it is. If you trade Price, there's no way the Habs are on top of the Eastern Conference. I'm not saying that they'd be in 13th place either, but they wouldn't be on top!

Trade let's say Desharnais and Price for an offensive equivalent of Price and a goalie that matches Desharnais' level and we'll still be top 3 in the East, IMO.