Detroit Fire of 2015: Habs @ Joe Louis Arena, 7:30 PM EST

Guest Stogey24

Not in the least. Especially since I don't think they come out of the first round

Islanders only second place in the league or just were, no sweat ;)

Islanders only second place in the league, no sweat ;)

I don't think they end up winning their division, which leaves them to play NY or Pitts....no sweat. Hell, even Washington or Boston would put them out. We see these feel good teams each and every year, and all too often they are bounced in the first round

Guest Stogey24

I don't think they end up winning their division, which leaves them to play NY or Pitts....no sweat.

I'd say Islanders are one of the most well rounded teams right now. They get scored on quite a bit, but they score a ton.

I'd say Islanders are one of the most well rounded teams right now. They get scored on quite a bit, but they score a ton.

Doesn't usually work out too well in the playoffs, that combined with lack of playoff experience. I know where I'll be putting my money come playoff time, hopefully I'll get favorable odds :) I went 7 for 8 in the first round the last two seasons and I plan on keeping it up

Doesn't usually work out too well in the playoffs, that combined with lack of playoff experience. I know where I'll be putting my money come playoff time, hopefully I'll get favorable odds :) I went 7 for 8 in the first round the last two seasons and I plan on keeping it up

I'm not trying to change your mind but they do have Halak who was pretty good at keeping pucks out of the net in the playoffs once upon a time. If he plays like he wasn't a one hit wonder, then they have a chance. Much different system than the JM one though, I'm sure, and a lot of their guys lack playoff experience.

I'm not trying to change your mind but they do have Halak who was pretty good at keeping pucks out of the net in the playoffs once upon a time. If he plays like he wasn't a one hit wonder, then they have a chance. Much different system than the JM one though, I'm sure, and a lot of their guys lack playoff experience.

Islanders taking over tbay for eastern favourites. Caps closing in. Habs regular season game getting put to the test, no secondary scoring. Still best between pipes though.

Islanders taking over tbay for eastern favourites. Caps closing in. Habs regular season game getting put to the test, no secondary scoring. Still best between pipes though.

Washington is a very strong team under Trotz - and much more battle-hardened and experienced than the Isles. They worry me a lot more than Tavares et al. (although there really aren't too many easy outs in the playoffs any more; this ain't the 1980s where all sorts of detritus made the dance. You make the playoffs, you're almost certainly a strong club).

Washington is a very strong team under Trotz - and much more battle-hardened and experienced than the Isles. They worry me a lot more than Tavares et al. (although there really aren't too many easy outs in the playoffs any more; this ain't the 1980s where all sorts of detritus made the dance. You make the playoffs, you're almost certainly a strong club).

yep, and anybody can go out in round one.

Yes, a much different animal are the Caps this year.

And I think Holtby is the most under rated goalie in the NHL.

Habs beat them both times faced em, once with each goalie, so Habs must be...not sure what usurps Prototypical, but they must be that I guess. :nuts:

Caps are a scoring machine lately. Habs ? scoring? Lowest among play off teams are they not? That's concerning when you wanna go one round, let alone four.

I dont even ask myself can the habs beat the caps in a seven game series. I ask "can Carey Price stop the caps in a play off series"

Habs beat them both times faced em, once with each goalie, so Habs must be...not sure what usurps Prototypical, but they must be that I guess. :nuts:

Do oiler fans say same thing about beating habs two outta two?

Caps look like theyre a prototypical playoff team..watch out

I hear that.

Rangers, Lightning, Islanders, Caps, Wings, Pens, B's

Going to be a tough road to hoe just to get back to the ECF, let alone the SCF

For sure. Cant wait.

We have Price and thats no small factor.

What we dont have is real depth. First place aside, we will be underdogs beyond first round. But thats just fine. Young teams always are.

Future looking good.

I'm not sure we should be rated "underdogs" after Round One. It seems to me that, other than Tampa, we are at least evenly matched against the rest of the East. Our consistent ability to beat top teams all season long should be factored into this equation - as should Price. And then there's the team's overall arc of development, with young guns like Patches and PK having had lots of good playoff experience early in their careers (especially with last year's run). I just don't look at this group and think "underdog," for the most part. Prohibitive favourites? Of course not. It's a tight conference.

Caps lack leadership? So are no threat to Habs.

(will Washington even make the playoffs?)

Backstrom LEADS scoring race. OV is third in race and LEADS in goals.

they lack what?

according to Don the habs are perfect..............its the other 29 teams that could use improving.

I'm not sure we should be rated "underdogs" after Round One. It seems to me that, other than Tampa, we are at least evenly matched against the rest of the East. Our consistent ability to beat top teams all season long should be factored into this equation - as should Price. And then there's the team's overall arc of development, with young guns like Patches and PK having had lots of good playoff experience early in their careers (especially with last year's run). I just don't look at this group and think "underdog," for the most part. Prohibitive favourites? Of course not. It's a tight conference.

Hope you are right, but play offs are a different animal.

Lack of depth makes them underdogs after first round.

. This years habs dont even have a fourth line. It's actually an ahl first line......thats why i see them as "under dogs beyond first round.

Now before sensitive habs fans rip me pointing out how many are ahl paid players are on the top twelve.....Habs are building towards that DEEP team that can win four rounds. WE ALL KNOW THAT. :thumbs_up:

Agree, some like to undersell Habs are very pessimistic and cynical (but consistant).

I am more pleased that they are siting pretty and can basically coast till the real season begins. :clap:

Yeah really Don, I agree, better to be where we are, than all out and gassed out to just make the second season...

After watching every game this season except one in Calgary, maybe I'm biased, but I would echo The Cucumber "I just don't look at this group and think underdog".

Could be that I know what they are capable of, and actually how good Price is compared to the non-Hab fan, and that they can score when they need to, albeit need to have no injury trouble.

I also don't need to understand why nobody is talking about them too seriously, I'm glad to have Toronto sports media oblivious to the Habs, and totally off our bandwagon... we can feed off the hate of the color commentary guys for added incentive. :halm:

Story from the front page... http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/montreal-canadiens-underrated