Montreal Canadiens at NY Islanders | March 14th, 2015 | 1900 ET

lazy26

There.. .just caught up with the game on the replay. I'll take the dreaded 2 goal win at this point. Nice to see a pretty good game, because I was starting to feel a little leafy last week. We're not alone with the spotty performances, especially with teams starting to play with some desperation.

Oh no. Another powerplay for us. Can we work a deal where we are the ones playing shorthanded instead of the penalized team?

Thanks goodness we got a penalty.

There.. finally we get some offence going while shorthanded.

De la Rose was pulling a PK and lost it, leading to the penalty..

I hope CP keeps his well earned shutout.

Who's on first?

That was my second question! :blush:

\

Hmph...

That faceoff should be in Isles zone.

Ya.. I think you're right.

Hear, here!

Whew!

Markov was talking with Carey .. I wonder if he was apologizing for the penalty. It looked like he was explaining it to him.

Ya jinxed him, never say shutout till the game is over. :rastapop:

Dang! Sorry Carey!

Nice win. The Habs have played the Islanders well this year which gave me confidence that they'd have a bounce-back win. Now, to try and beat Tampa who just lost it in the 3rd vs Winnipeg.

Ya, won't they be happy and ready to lose 2 in a row.

Eller has been playing pretty good since trade deadline. Now win against Tampa please.

First a goal, and another point last night too. Like we said. Heating up for the playoffs ;)

Go Dumbass Lars! This team needs secondary scoring big time. If Eller can reproduce last year's playoff success, that will be big. Indeed, the realistic prospect of an effective third line with size and physicality is important - and if we can keep Gally with Patches and DD, well, we KNOW that's a combo that can succeed despite the high Smurf quotient.

Huge, huge win, given the likelihood of a loss in Tampa. This W forestalls a catastrophic losing streak and a Niagra of hysteria in Montreal.

- Hart Trophy voting: 1. Price 2. Tavares 3. Ovechkin

- Pacioretty doesn't get enough credit for leading our scoring. At 34 goals he's only three behind Stamkos and one ahead of Tavares. Here's what separates Pacioretty from other top goal scorers in the league: his 12.7 shot percentage. You have to go down to Zach Parise to find a guy with close to as many goals (27) with a shot percentage under 13%. Pacioretty has also fired the second most shots in the league behind Ovechkin. I have no issue paying him $10M per season in the summer of 2019 to make up for all the money we've been saving on him.

- Thought Lars played well. Made the smart play short handed. A big reason I feel is that at center he tries to do too much and when he first moved to the wing we tried him on the second line and he again tried to do too much. With De La Rose and Smith-Pelly, he's a lot more confident in what he has to do. He's playing the best hockey he has played as a left winger in the past two games. DLR's play at center really magnifies how Eller wasn't doing as good as a lot of people thought he was at that position. He was just the best option at the time. I like DLR plays at center on the third line. Smith-Pelly you don't notice so much but when you do, boy is it fun.

- Thought Montreal played great for the first two periods and elevated their game. The Islanders are fourth in third period goals behind Tampa, Calgary and Montreal. They really know how to bring the heat in the third. I don't think Montreal was sleeping as much as the Islanders were giving it everything they had.

- Too bad for Mitchell.

- I don't like Gilbert on LD at all but benching Gonchar was the right decision. Emelin will come in soon I'm guessing.

- Parenteau showing why he's zero defensively but so important to have offensively. That tic-tac-toe was pretty. I still feel people complaining about Galchenyuk are wrong. He's playing his best hockey. He's still young and struggles when up against elite defence.

Montreal is close to being Top 5 in goals against for the first, second and third period. That's insane to allow the least amount of goals in all three periods. Our shots for/shots against is really weak, worst for a playoff team and definitely worst for the top NHL teams. It's why a lot of people are counting us out. The playoffs will be a clean slate and we can change that. Our win percentage when outshooting the opposition is 7th best. Our win percentage when being outshot? Fourth, behind the Rangers, Ducks and Flames.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Just watched the replay of game. Not bad, not. Beaulieu makes a lot of smart little plays. Desharnais was invisible once again, as he has been the past 10 games.

I read a stat yesterday that said something like Galchenyuk's next point will be his 100th. Next from his draft is Yakupov with 80 and then there isn't anyone over 60. So maybe that will put it into perspective for those who are expecting much more from him at this point in his career. He is doing fine.

I watch that skit like once a month.

It's pretty magical. :hyper:

I read a stat yesterday that said something like Galchenyuk's next point will be his 100th. Next from his draft is Yakupov with 80 and then there isn't anyone over 60. So maybe that will put it into perspective for those who are expecting much more from him at this point in his career. He is doing fine.

Ya. great point oh ye of the greatest moniker. We fans are such whackjobs. Fans.. fan-atics.

- Hart Trophy voting: 1. Price 2. Tavares 3. Ovechkin

- Pacioretty doesn't get enough credit for leading our scoring. At 34 goals he's only three behind Stamkos and one ahead of Tavares. Here's what separates Pacioretty from other top goal scorers in the league: his 12.7 shot percentage. You have to go down to Zach Parise to find a guy with close to as many goals (27) with a shot percentage under 13%. Pacioretty has also fired the second most shots in the league behind Ovechkin. I have no issue paying him $10M per season in the summer of 2019 to make up for all the money we've been saving on him.

- Thought Lars played well. Made the smart play short handed. A big reason I feel is that at center he tries to do too much and when he first moved to the wing we tried him on the second line and he again tried to do too much. With De La Rose and Smith-Pelly, he's a lot more confident in what he has to do. He's playing the best hockey he has played as a left winger in the past two games. DLR's play at center really magnifies how Eller wasn't doing as good as a lot of people thought he was at that position. He was just the best option at the time. I like DLR plays at center on the third line. Smith-Pelly you don't notice so much but when you do, boy is it fun.

- Thought Montreal played great for the first two periods and elevated their game. The Islanders are fourth in third period goals behind Tampa, Calgary and Montreal. They really know how to bring the heat in the third. I don't think Montreal was sleeping as much as the Islanders were giving it everything they had.

- Too bad for Mitchell.

- I don't like Gilbert on LD at all but benching Gonchar was the right decision. Emelin will come in soon I'm guessing.

- Parenteau showing why he's zero defensively but so important to have offensively. That tic-tac-toe was pretty. I still feel people complaining about Galchenyuk are wrong. He's playing his best hockey. He's still young and struggles when up against elite defence.

Montreal is close to being Top 5 in goals against for the first, second and third period. That's insane to allow the least amount of goals in all three periods. Our shots for/shots against is really weak, worst for a playoff team and definitely worst for the top NHL teams. It's why a lot of people are counting us out. The playoffs will be a clean slate and we can change that. Our win percentage when outshooting the opposition is 7th best. Our win percentage when being outshot? Fourth, behind the Rangers, Ducks and Flames.

Very positive post. Great work.

It's pretty magical. :hyper:

Ya. great point oh ye of the greatest moniker. We fans are such whackjobs. Fans.. fan-atics.

Well thank you sir. Jeez, it's awful quiet in here after a big win. I guess it's the losses that bring the fans out.

Yes our expectations were to high. His play is showing us that. That's all anybody is saying far as I can see. I've lowered my expectations of the young winger to hoping he can play center, because we need another one that is better than everyone we have.