Dec. 19 - Habs @ Stars

illWill

image.jpg

The slumping Habs limp into the Big D to try to right the ship that was sailing so smoothly to start the season. They face the highest scoring team in the league that will look to feast on a goalie not named Carey Price. The Habs will look to pepper the Stars netminder and you have to believe that a puck will find it's way in somehow. Montreal has called up Big Mike McCarron to strike fear into the opposition, whether it be on the ice or from the pressbox. I'm not sure of any lineup changes or how to find out the lines because I get my information from this forum. Puck drops at 7 Eastern and it doesn't appear to be on HNIC, the mighty Leafs must be playing. Here's to hoping that this first time GDTer is good luck. :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

If they can't score goals against Dallas, hit the panic button. They blew a five goal lead last week. Score a lot of goals, give up a lot of goals. I'd like to see McCarron put in there to stand in front of the net on the PP. One of the many scrubs (Carr, Andrighetto, Byron) can take a seat next to Tinordi. With the exception of Byron on the PK, not much value there. We're basically back to last year, where Max - DD equals no scoring.

My lineup:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Galchenyuk

Fleischmann-Plekanec-Andrighetto

Big Mac-Eller-Weise

Flynn-Mitchell-Byron

Yes, been shutout all of once this year, so cant score vs anyone.

Chicken Little is that you?

Habs are still 3rd overall in league standings, 4th in goals against and 4th highest scoring team.

Both teams are +25 in goal differential.

If they fire 45shots at goalie again today, I highly doubt will be shut out.

Guest Stogey24

I'd love to see McCarron in, but doubt it happens against the best team in the league.

If all the sudden McCarron does hold pace in the Nhl, as he did the AHL, we could have a serious game changer on our hands.

Yes, been shutout all of once this year, so cant score vs anyone.

Chicken Little is that you?

Habs are still 3rd overall in league standings, 4th in goals against and 4th highest scoring team.

Both teams are +25 in goal differential.

If they fire 45shots at goalie again today, I highly doubt will be shut out.

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, not watching the past few games is the key to keeping perspective. Keep focusing on the process, keep playing well, the goals (and wins) will come. I do fear for our goalies tonight, however. This is not a game where you'd normally put in your backup, as the Stars are all offence and nothing but.

Apparently there's a line of McCarron - Eller - Byron in the game day skate. I'm going to assume the positions are mixed up a bit there...

The other lines:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Galchenyuk

Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise

Carr - Mitchell - Flynn

Guest Stogey24

How many times over the past 5 or 6 games has Desharnais crossed the blue line, looked for a pass, then turned the puck over. It's like clockwork now.

How many times over the past 5 or 6 games has Desharnais crossed the blue line, looked for a pass, then turned the puck over. It's like clockwork no

This could be a result of Therien's magic blender system. DD is expecting someone to be where they were earlier in the year but now there's another guy playing on that line. Therien should had never f*cked with that line. I get it, there's injuries but slot a replacement from St. John's into the injured guy's place. DD's line has looked like shit and it probably could have been avoided.

Guest Stogey24

This could be a result of Therien's magic blender system. DD is expecting someone to be where they were earlier in the year but now there's another guy playing on that line. Therien should had never f*cked with that line. I get it, there's injuries but slot a replacement from St. John's into the injured guy's place. DD's line has looked like shit and it probably could have been avoided.

DD was playing his best hockey to start the year.

I hate the fact of splitting up a line thats contributing to help out a line that's not

So what are the expectations for McCarron? Gordie Howe Hat Trick? That's my guess.

So what are the expectations for McCarron? Gordie Howe Hat Trick? That's my guess.

2 gordie hat tricks? :)

How bout he just do a 6'6" impersonation of Gallagher; go hard to blue-paint, gently bump or accidently on-purpose fall on opposing goalie when d-men tries to move ya... and repeat.