Dec. 26, Habs vs Capitals, 7 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

52 minutes left, lots to play for.

Is it too early to pull the goalie?

HNIC hype by the gallon for Washington. I don't know if I can consider a team that has Nate Schmidt on the top pairing as a contender.

Do you want to retract those statements?

No, he really doesn't. He was just as bad as the other 5 d were, 2 they scored on, none f the d would have caught Chimura

I get the Emelin hate, with or without him the habs would have lost. They had like 5 scoring chances and scored once. ,

Guest Stogey24

Max Perimeter ought to be ashamed! There's no damn wonder the team effort isn't there..their so-called leader floats around, afraid, and has no f'n heart! Trade that fk

I like Max(not his biggest fan), but dude he is a floater. A captain CANNOT do that, no matter how low team morale is!

I almost laughed at that third goal. Noted superstar Chimera BLASTS by Emelin - gooooal!!

#74 was a disgrace all damned night. Petry and Beaulieu also struggled, which doesn't help at all, but Emelin was just a dog, man.

WAS-MTL is an entertaining matchup, though. I liked that Subban was playing with more jam tonight, and honestly I thought Markov had some nice moments too. There were some faint signs of life from this bunch, as Condon's heroic play gave them some self-belief in the third.

We HAVE to shore up the defensive play. It's the only way, dammit.

EDIT: I don't know if this has been tried recently, but the first thing I'd do if I were MT would be to reassemble the Margarine-DD-Weise line. Put Pleks back with Patches. Cripes, Galy is carrying the forward unit right now, so leave that line alone and go back to the two lines that worked (minus Gally, alas) for the first 25 games. That DD line was the secret sauce; go back to it.

No, he really doesn't. He was just as bad as the other 5 d were, 2 they scored on, none f the d would have caught Chimura

I get the Emelin hate, with or without him the habs would have lost. They had like 5 scoring chances and scored once. ,

Chimera is not that fast... Emelin is slow as molasses and nearly caught him. Every other d would have beaten him to the loose puck and cleared it.

All three goals were a bad play by Emelin... all of them... plus numerous other times he couldn't clear the zone and condon bailed him out.

Seriously this was Emelin's worst game, and he's a guy who sucks even on his good days.

Chimera is not that fast... Emelin is slow as molasses and nearly caught him. Every other d would have beaten him to the loose puck and cleared it.

All three goals were a bad play by Emelin... all of them... plus numerous other times he couldn't clear the zone and condon bailed him out.

Seriously this was Emelin's worst game, and he's a guy who sucks even on his good days.

Emelin was a disaster. It was a bit like Douglas Murray out there, minus the comical aspects.

I'll get flamed for this, but I think the D missed Gilbert.

Pateryn should draw in, fer chrissakes. And again: go back to Weise-DD-Margarine up front!!

Emelin was a disaster. It was a bit like Douglas Murray out there, minus the comical aspects.

I'll get flamed for this, but I think the D missed Gilbert.

Pateryn should draw in, fer chrissakes. And again: go back to Weise-DD-Margarine up front!!

I agree on all aspects

Plek and Max should be back together

Max - Plek - Carr

Eller - Chucky - Ghetto

Flash - DD - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Gilbert isn't a great D. But as a third pairing guy he's serviceable.

Emelin was a disaster.

If I'm Carey Price, I walk into MB's office and tell him I'm not coming back until he signs me to a contract extension for league max until I'm 36. His negotiating leverage will never be better than it is right now, because this team is absolute shit without him.

If I'm Carey Price, I walk into MB's office and tell him I'm not coming back until he signs me to a contract extension for league max until I'm 36. His negotiating leverage will never be better than it is right now, because this team is absolute shit without him.

And under the CBA he can't even negotiate until July 1st before the final year on his current deal... so that won't work.

And under the CBA he can't even negotiate until July 1st before the final year on his current deal... so that won't work.

Unfortunate for Carey...because our GM would fold in a hurry and give him what he wanted if he could strongarm him right now.

My take:

With all the cries and blame leveled here, on Max, and Emelin, among others, and I agree that Gilbert makes Emelin look Jr. B grade, I would like to point my crooked finger directly at Plekanec, because frankly, and honestly, he has sucked since this streak began, what a shy boy, absolutely will not take a hit to make a play, and should not/is not our #1 center, Galchenyuk clearly is our best player, and in light of this skid, I would trade Plekanec a millennia before I would Eller... Team is way too small and non aggressive/physical.

Plekanec really exemplifies what I dislike about this team, weak, powerless and soft as a banana...not willing to fight his way to a victory, not even a puck battle.

Galchenyuk was kinda the #1 centre with 17:19 (2:35 on PP), most of any forward cept Fleischmann (who I thought also played well) and Plekanec only had 0:44 on the PP.

Why did Tinordi only play 6:19, forcing Markov to play 26+minutes?

Carr with 4g in 10gms and Galchenyuk on pace for 53pt season, continues to do fine on faceoffs and created scoring chance or two for himself.

Wouldn't mind seeing Andrighetto draw back in.

Petry seems concussed or is playing like it anyways.

3rd pairing of Pateryn-Tinordi worth a shot; as #74 must of had a real good Christmas and way too much Vodka, or something else to explain his play?

Guest Stogey24

My take:With all the cries and blame leveled here, on Max, and Emelin, among others, and I agree that Gilbert makes Emelin look Jr. B grade, I would like to point my crooked finger directly at Plekanec, because frankly, and honestly, he has sucked since this streak began, what a shy boy, absolutely will not take a hit to make a play, and should not/is not our #1 center, Galchenyuk clearly is our best player, and in light of this skid, I would trade Plekanec a millennia before I would Eller... Team is way too small and non aggressive/physical.Plekanec really exemplifies what I dislike about this team, weak, powerless and soft as a banana...not willing to fight his way to a victory, not even a puck battle.

We feel the same about Plekanec. I've just grown tired of arguing with someone about Plekanec after posting something negative about him. With that being said, I've never seen him play so bad in his entire career. I could seriously tear into him right now, but I won't. I do wonder though if we're seeing a player enter the twilight of his career. The same goes for Markov; is he even going to be a serviceable defensemen come this time next year?

We feel the same about Plekanec. I've just grown tired of arguing with someone about Plekanec after posting something negative about him. With that being said, I've never seen him play so bad in his entire career. I could seriously tear into him right now, but I won't. I do wonder though if we're seeing a player enter the twilight of his career. The same goes for Markov; is he even going to be a serviceable defensemen come this time next year?

Pleks had a bad slump last season, and I raised a concern then about whether he might be entering his twilight. Then he went on a tear, finishing with 26 goals.

I agree that he has been absolutely putrid. And he's what, 33? A decline is inevitable - but given that he's had similar slumps before, declaring him done might be premature. As strong a defender of Pleks as I've been, I could certainly see a future of Galy-DD-Eller-Mitchell...but we're not going to trade him in a contract year, when, assuming this team will rise back to its normal level, we'll be buyers, not sellers, at the deadline.