Jan. 23, Montreal vs Toronto, 7 PM

dlbalr

Does it make me a bad fan if if I'm not sure if I want our team to win? Slash and burn is sounding like an attractive strategy these days. Trade Pleks for a 1rst, Markov for 2nd, Eller& Emelin for 3rds. These guys got to be attractive to some contending teams. They're useless to us now and they're value is going down daily. I'm not optimistic.

Does it make me a bad fan if if I'm not sure if I want our team to win? Slash and burn is sounding like an attractive strategy these days. Trade Pleks for a 1rst, Markov for 2nd, Eller& Emelin for 3rds. These guys got to be attractive to some contending teams. They're useless to us now and they're value is going down daily. I'm not optimistic.

Those players all have term (and three of them have NTC's of some sort). With the cap expected to now be the same or even slightly lower next season due to the Canadian dollar dropping as fast as the Canadiens in the standings, I can foresee this deadline being primarily about rental players so that no significant money is taken on for next year. That could really restrict the market.

Yes! The plan you are advocating means we are in the middle of a 2-5 year rebuild. F that. First, MB adds some pieces before the trade deadline. Second, we make the playoffs. Third, once there we surprise some people....including a large number of fans like yourself, apparently.

However, given the current slump, I can't really blame

Eller has looked good since moving to the #3 C. He has had a couple of different wingers in that span but that line seems to look good regardless. Carr's a nice fit for them too, a bit more of an offensive threat.

Now to stop making Chucky play wing to prop up DD, Chucky is lost out there!

Guest Stogey24

This game is excruciatingly boring. I've turned it off, wake me when it's over and we've lost, as is inevitable.

It's terrible. Lovette and I said this exact thing last year. This team is boring as shit to watch