O' Bonk, Where Art Thou?

Leafs Suck

Radek Bonk, anyone seen him?

I didn't expect this guy to challenge his career high in points (70) but I did expect more out of him. 0 goals as of November 26th.

His defensive play has been respectable, but 0 goals? Someone need to step up there play until Kovalev comes back and I think it has to be Bonk. He obviously has the offensive potential (60, 59, 70, 54, 44 points over the last 5 seasons).

Seriously, if anyone has seen him, tell him to get on the ice and put the puck in the net ESPICALLY tomorrow against the Laffs.

Oh, and if you see Ribeiro as well, remind him he is ON A TEAM.

I agree. He's been very disappointing offensively. Even Sundstrom has out-produced him. We can only have so many one-dimensional players like that. Bonk and Sunny are strictly defense, Dagenais is strictly offense... makes me appreciate a guy like Begin even more, who can chip in at both ends of the rink. Bonk has shown the ability in the past, but sure isn't getting it done now.

i feel like its more mental than anything else, I think once he gets his first it'll really start to click for him. It was like that for Kovy last season. He struggled to score his first few games, picked up an empty net goal in one game and that seemed to ease his tension. Bonk just needs to get the monkey off his back.

Originally posted by nhfarber

i feel like its more mental than anything else, I think once he gets his first it'll really start to click for him. It was like that for Kovy last season. He struggled to score his first few games, picked up an empty net goal in one game and that seemed to ease his tension. Bonk just needs to get the monkey off his back.

I agree but it would help if he showed a little more grit. He looks completely passionless out there. It's as if he's happy with just being mediocre. I have a feeling the Montreal media are going to be all over this guy very shortly.

Bonk needs some grace from us.

The guy spends 60% of his icetime on the PK.

His linemates have no idea how to score. (If Bulis did, he would have 60 goals by now)

That doesn't change the fact that we NEED some points from him. Damn, we need points from anyone right now.

I wonder if switching Begin and Sundtrom would help?

Originally posted by nhfarber

Kinda make you wish they'd counted his goal against Philly... Stupid refs...

Yeah, slow start for Bonk, invisible and he's a -2. I was somewhat surprised our leader in the +/- is Plekanec with a +5.

Hopefully Bonk wakes up the next coupla weeks? If he isn't playing well defensively and also isn't contributing offensively, what's the percentage on this guy?

(ok he's big and has a pretty damn good name, but what else?)

I've said it before and I'll say it again---once Bonk does score a goal or two, he should be bumped to the 2nd line in order to (a) keep him rolling and (B) actually give us a decent second-line centre. I find Ribeiro's play much more worrisome than Bonk's, because if Ribs isn't producing offensively he has no justification whatsoever.

Bonk is getting on all our nerves (just like my posts) but to add more shit he has the worst luck possible... In any case I think for one, this guy metamorphosed during the offseason... he got too used to European Style Hockey... he has to still adjust from that.. or maybe consider returning to the tchek league

His penalty ..if you see the replay was an unlucky but yet sloppy reaction to a couple of punches to the face.. and he did end up with the jerks stick in his hand ...(what do you do there? you go "hey buddy" while he's muffling you.. "Ye dropped your stick laddy her ye go!... tip of the hat for the Sabre Puss... I'm perty sure he had pre-conceived it all... Yet again a Veteran NHL'er should not fall for that...

BONK ... Please Bonk Snap out of it!! Even though On PARLE FRANCAIS ICITE we still are in North America... Bob should go have a serious talk to him and see wassup.. maybe he wants to go somewhere else... Nevertheless I hope he stays something tells me he will make a difference.. dont know how still....

Wait a minute did u say Hill? perhaps Cap wise yes but this guy is 36!

Montador just arrived wouldnt miss him he's 25 and perhaps one useless player Florida wants to get rid of to equal the cap.. and we can send down to the Ice dogs! lol

[Edited on 2005/12/2 by CoRvInA]

• 3 months later...

RECYCLING POSTS HERE

Want to add how Important that 4th line has been and how Bonk and Begin duo is killing Penalties! and How Bonk is by far overplaying in this domain! He's showing more and more he's worth keepig at least til the playoffs!

RECYCLING POSTS HERE

Want to add how Important that 4th line has been and how Bonk and Begin duo is killing Penalties! and How Bonk is by far overplaying in this domain! He's showing more and more he's worth keepig at least til the playoffs!

The current revision of the lines has been great. Bonk is doing his job very well. It would be great if he was netting some every night, but right now that's not his job.

If Bonk and Begin keep this up through the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs then the Habs have one of the best, if not the best penalty-killing duo in the game. Bonk is getting paid a tad too much but if he can chip in offensively on the 4th line and the PK then the money he is paid will be well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, he was a little late showing up, but earned half his salary for the season in the last 3 games. Keep it up, 10 goal season, I'll take it, especially adding a few playoff goals to those numbers. We may all be glad yet that we traded for this guy.

Maybe his injuries were causing him more problems than he was letting on? Nice that he's rounding into form for the playoff run. Hopefully he doesn't dissappear like he was known for doing in Ottawa.

Not as much pressure in Montreal for him to score, so he should be able to play a solid two way game