Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

lol.. the 3rd season wasn't so great anyway. I only watched the first 5 episodes or so - I'll watch the rest when they come out.

First 2 seasons were awesome though.

reckoning04.jpg

Hmm I was soooo looking forward for a Veronica-Smallville cross over.

:?-

since when did you watch VM?

Did you just call him Fanny?

:lol:

w00t for British slang. :lol:

Hmm, were those kids books? I think I might have read at least some of those back in the day.

Junior Jedi Knights were for like little kids (my little brother got them, so I ended up reading them as well) and Young Jedi Knights were more for young adults. I'm not sure if I'd be able to go back and read them now, but they were great about ten years ago when I read them. :king:

I'd have to say my favorites are the Bounty Hunter Trilogy and any of the books by Zahn. Worst was by far Planet of Twilight, I didn't think Hambly had a very good grasp of the main characters' personalities. As I mentioned, it was so bad I didn't even read the third book of that unofficial trilogy. The Black Fleet Crisis wasn't that great either. The jury is still out on the New Jedi Order. Some are pretty good, some aren't so great. I'm kinda sick of the Yuuzhan Vong and I'm only about halfway done with the series.

I have to agree with you on the Bounty Hunter Wars, that was a great trilogy. Other highlights are Shadow Hunter (made me fall in love with Darth Maul) and pretty much anything by Zahn as you already mentioned. The Jedi Academy trilogy wasn't bad either and I really enjoyed the concept behind I, Jedi, although the actual writing wasn't all that great. As for the NJO, there were a couple I didn't like, but some of them were really good. I never quite finished the series, as I began shifting over to mostly Fantasy, but I'd like to read them all eventually. I've also heard that the X-Wing series is good, but I never read those ones. And yeah, Hambly blew monkey chunks. I hated that Callista bitch, she was so annoying. Mara Jade FTW!

As for the NJO, there were a couple I didn't like, but some of them were really good. I never quite finished the series, as I began shifting over to mostly Fantasy, but I'd like to read them all eventually. I've also heard that the X-Wing series is good, but I never read those ones. And yeah, Hambly blew monkey chunks. I hated that Callista bitch, she was so annoying. Mara Jade FTW!

Yeah, I started in on the NJO last fall, was going through them pretty quickly while I was subbing, since I always had a free period, a lunch period, and often read while the kids were silently working. My library has about half, other libraries in the state have most of the others, and I've even recommended a few to my library and they bought them, so I haven't had to buy any of them. :clap:

Callista did suck. One of my least favorite characters, hmmm, I wonder why... Mara Jade is a much better character, as one would expect from a Zahn creation. I really liked his two latest books, Outbound Flight and Survivor's Quest. I was thrilled he had more stuff coming after the duology that came before they switched over the Del Rey. He had a new one come out in January, I'm not sure if I should interupt the NJO for it or read it right now.

really. well that's total bummer.

Not really. There's a reason why I don't have cable.

why? It doesn't mean the Sims although its associated with it. It's more generic.

Plus Sim City rules all.

Where else has the word simolean ever been used?

And Sim City sucks. If you want world-building sims, Port Royale and the AD series blow it out of the water. I'm more of an RPG/RTS kinda guy though.

Yeah, I started in on the NJO last fall, was going through them pretty quickly while I was subbing, since I always had a free period, a lunch period, and often read while the kids were silently working. My library has about half, other libraries in the state have most of the others, and I've even recommended a few to my library and they bought them, so I haven't had to buy any of them. :clap:

Yeah, I get almost all of my books from the public library because novels are vastly overpriced when brand new. I love hitting up used book stores though, you can usually find some pretty awesome deals.

Callista did suck. One of my least favorite characters, hmmm, I wonder why... Mara Jade is a much better character, as one would expect from a Zahn creation. I really liked his two latest books, Outbound Flight and Survivor's Quest. I was thrilled he had more stuff coming after the duology that came before they switched over the Del Rey. He had a new one come out in January, I'm not sure if I should interupt the NJO for it or read it right now.

I haven't read those ones yet, but I'll definitely have to look around for them. The kind of strange thing about NJO is that prior to it, Jacen was my favourite of the Solo kids and I absolutely despised Anakin. But Anakin and Jaina are so much more awesome than Jacen in NJO.

So, about 45 minutes ago I hear squeeling tires and a loud boom outside. I go to the window and there's a van sitting in the front yard across the street. With the headlights still on. Facing the wrong way on a one-way street. At 11:15 at night. Guy apparently wasn't even drunk, he wasn't given a field sobriety test.

Not as interesting as the time a drunk driver ran into the house directly across from me. Right into the bedroom. And was still able to drive away.

anyone else thinks that smaule l jackson is a movie whore who would take a role in almost anything?? i was watching sea of love with al pachio in it the other week an d he randomly popped on the screen in that. :o