Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Why is the Canadian History course so damn hard!

Then again, we have a site with tutorials on it and practice tests and we can literally throw all the countless facts, names and dates we've learned (or in my case, didn't learn) out the window and just study from the site. On past exams some of our questions were copy pasted word for word off the site. And 90% of the other questions are very very similar to those on the site. Also, we study all the little details of the course but the tests in this class (it's a government exam, not the teacher's) are always very general questions. "What are consequences of this?" "What were reasons for that?" Those are the multiple choice questions. Could be hard but could very well be a joke of an exam.

Then again, we have a site with tutorials on it and practice tests and we can literally throw all the countless facts, names and dates we've learned (or in my case, didn't learn) out the window and just study from the site. On past exams some of our questions were copy pasted word for word off the site. And 90% of the other questions are very very similar to those on the site. Also, we study all the little details of the course but the tests in this class (it's a government exam, not the teacher's) are always very general questions. "What are consequences of this?" "What were reasons for that?" Those are the multiple choice questions. Could be hard but could very well be a joke of an exam.

fax me stuff I'll ace it for yeah. seriously.

Ahh the secondary 4 history of quebec and canada. i did that stuff in french, it was extremely easy. My sister got 100% and got little trophy or something. I got like 85% on it without even trying.

Don't tell me you go to PCHS, tho...

Ahh the secondary 4 history of quebec and canada. i did that stuff in french, it was extremely easy. My sister got 100% and got little trophy or something. I got like 85% on it without even trying.

Don't tell me you go to PCHS, tho...

I wish I went to PC. Best public school on the West Island. I'm in a private school though, wasting my parents' money.

I got 83% on the exam by the way, assuming I got aperfect score on the joke of an essay we had to do at the end. I'm pretty happy with that considering I was too tired to continue studying after only reviewing the firdt 3 of the 7 modules.

And PTG, I doubt it's stuff you would know. We're talking, 16th, 17th, 18th centuries and then a bit of more recent stuff. Nothing about Trudeau or tha tmore modern era. The course begins at Cartier and then goes all the way up to the 1960s.

And PTG, I doubt it's stuff you would know. We're talking, 16th, 17th, 18th centuries and then a bit of more recent stuff. Nothing about Trudeau or tha tmore modern era. The course begins at Cartier and then goes all the way up to the 1960s.

I really wouldn't be surprised at all if PTG knows all that stuff.

I wish I went to PC. Best public school on the West Island. I'm in a private school though, wasting my parents' money.

I got 83% on the exam by the way, assuming I got aperfect score on the joke of an essay we had to do at the end. I'm pretty happy with that considering I was too tired to continue studying after only reviewing the firdt 3 of the 7 modules.

my Quebec knowledge doesn't start at Trudeau but Duplessis and the second world war Quebec and first world war Quebec.

Jacques Marquette and Louis Jolliet first explored the area back in 1673 and set up a trading post in Cahokia across the river in 1699. Then Pierre Laclède 1764 founded the city and it was french up until 1804 of course. But tell most people on the street that this town was french just over 200 years ago and they'll say your lying.

Is that far enough back for you?

Did you seriously have to make three posts in a row? You could have used the edit function or something...

On an entirely unrelated note, does anyone here like House MD? I just started watching it with my roomie and it's hilarious.

my Quebec knowledge doesn't start at Trudeau but Duplessis and the second world war Quebec and first world war Quebec.

Well yeah, like I said, Duplessis is only right at the end of the course and he didn't really appear on the exam. More important things to remember about are specific political events such as the Royal Proclamation, the Quebec Act, the Treaty of Paris, the American Revolution, Bills 63, 22, 101, 178 and 86 (I may have gotten a couple of those numbers wrong), the Quebec Conference, London Conference, etc...

It's a hell of a lot of information, what I just said is literally about 10%. It's impossible to know all the information. My teacher has been teaching the subject for 30+ years so he knows the course pretty much off by heart but it would take years of studying to know all the information in it. Tons of dates and names and then he also taught us stuff that wasn't part of the course. 90% of the relevant stuff we learned didn't appear on the exam anyway as they only ask very general questions.

Well yeah, like I said, Duplessis is only right at the end of the course and he didn't really appear on the exam. More important things to remember about are specific political events such as the Royal Proclamation, the Quebec Act, the Treaty of Paris, the American Revolution, Bills 63, 22, 101, 178 and 86 (I may have gotten a couple of those numbers wrong), the Quebec Conference, London Conference, etc...

It's a hell of a lot of information, what I just said is literally about 10%. It's impossible to know all the information. My teacher has been teaching the subject for 30+ years so he knows the course pretty much off by heart but it would take years of studying to know all the information in it. Tons of dates and names and then he also taught us stuff that wasn't part of the course. 90% of the relevant stuff we learned didn't appear on the exam anyway as they only ask very general questions.

No its not. Considering this is probably not the first time you've had to do a Quebec history test. For example I wasn't born a history genius.

In grade 4 I had to take my first mandatory Missouri History and American Civics class

Grade 6-8 American history from cave man til passed the civil war

Grade 9 American Civics and Law

Grade 10 World history/Modern American History

*changed schools*

Grade 11 American Civics... again! woot! :wacko:

US History

Grade 12 World Geography and more AMERICAN CIVICS OMGOMG!

So I've taken 4-5 years of American Civics and guess what if I'd have gone the political science route at the american school I thought about going to, more american civics. how freaking boring.

So this cannot possibly be your first time around the block with Quebec history.

so to me american history and civics is like a broken record because its just not exciting for me. Its like a relationship based on sex, you'll eventually get bored.

It's Canadian History, not Quebec history and we've never really learned it before. In elementary school wel learned "Sciences Humaines" in French but it was all very basic stuff and it's not like anyone remembers anything from that class. And you say you learned all that about American history, I'm sure you were never tested on Canadian history.

It's Canadian History, not Quebec history and we've never really learned it before. In elementary school wel learned "Sciences Humaines" in French but it was all very basic stuff and it's not like anyone remembers anything from that class. And you say you learned all that about American history, I'm sure you were never tested on Canadian history.

Really, if backwards Missouri can at least attempt to give its kids history lessons for years and not just one class, your province is failing you. To not have a history class until high school is criminal.

Of course I was never tested on Canadian history, I grew up in middle America. But if this is really your first ever history class, this is a disturbing development.

Well, typically, in grade 8, you do history, but that's like pre-history/ancient civilization history. Then in grade 10, it's history of Quebec and Canada. It's the first history class that deals exclusively and in-detail the history of Quebec and Canada. In elementary, you learn the most basic stuff.

History was a boring class anyways.

On a side note, my prom is on the 25th, on a freakin Monday. Thanks PC. Thanks.

Edited by fromage

In BC, social studies up to Grade Six is pretty much a joke. You'll go over rudimentary stuff about the West Coast First Nations and the original Canadian explorers, including a bit of the Gold Rush in BC. Depending on your teacher, you might also sample different cultures (ie. Japan, African countries, etc.). In Grade 7 you do prehistoric man, Mesopotamia, and the ancient Mediterranean world (ie. Egypt, Greece, Rome). In Grade 8 you go from the collapse of the Roman Empire through the Middle Ages to the end of the Renaissance. Then in Grade 9 you go from post-Renaissance Europe to the Industrial Revolution and go back and re-do early Canadian history (the first explorers). In Grade 10 you focus on the early settlers in Canada and the US. In Grade 11 you do Canadian politics and do Canadian history up until the end of WWII. In Grade 12 you start with 1919 treaty and go right up to the end of the Gulf War.

History was my favourite subject in school.

history of Tintin

history of Le Chat

history of les schtroumphs

history of boule et bill

I love belgium history !! :lol:

for the records, history and geography were my favourite subjects !!

Edited by marky_and_komi