Scheifele gets four games!

Can someone show me where exactly he shows contrition (OXFORD: the feeling of being very sorry for something bad that you have done) ... any surprise that Wiebe is from Winnipeg?

Just win the series. That would be the best revenge 

I really hope the Habs can close it out before game 6. Game 6 would mean Scheifele is back and that the Jets either went 2-2 or 3-1 without him. No matter how you slice that, they will be energized to win when he returns. 

also, I don’t want the Habs players to even be TEMPTED to seek revenge … and any touch on Scheifele, hockey play or not, will be viewed as revenge. 

8 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How’d that logic work out for the Leafs?

Both teams will try to use this as motivation. But at the end of the day, the Jets lost their best player for four games. While Evans was playing great and brought a lot of value, he is no Mark Scheifle. That net loss should work in the Habs’ benefit. It’s up to them to make it count.

No one expected the Leafs to lose after Tavares went down.  They were still big favourites and the Leaf players knew they would be blamed if they lost as indeed they were.

If Winnipeg loses, a lot of people will say it was beacuse of their injuries and the suspension.  There will not be a lot of people blaming the players; the narrative will be that missing 3 important players meant they were doomed.  This just naturally removes motivation and determination from many people.  I expect a few of the Jets will be less determined without Schiefele since those players know they have an excuse.