Jump to content

Habs Re-Sign Joel Armia, 4 years, 13.6 million total, 3.4 million AAV


Commandant
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Don’t forget Lekhonan. I think Byron for sure would slot in after Lekhonan 

 

Lehkonen was scratched for Byron at times during the season so I suspect Byron's ahead of him on the depth chart.  But yes, he's in the mix as well.  And if the Habs sign an impact forward, that pushes everyone around a bit more on the depth chart as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Lehkonen was scratched for Byron at times during the season so I suspect Byron's ahead of him on the depth chart.  But yes, he's in the mix as well.  And if the Habs sign an impact forward, that pushes everyone around a bit more on the depth chart as well.

How likely is that? With Paquette signed, the F roster looks set, unless we are going to trade someone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I'm not projecting anything -- am just pointing out that his scoring pace with the Habs has been close to 20/82 games, and that his stats in Winnipeg are not completely comparable.

 

I totally agree with your view on him, but I'd say that his Jets stats are comparable when his TOI is taken into consideration.  i.e. he gets more ice time now which should amount to more goals. 

 

ex:  he only got 10-12min/game with he Jets and got 12, not sure why some members here think he should only get 15 g/yr when he get 15-18min/game with Habs.  The math on that is that he should get 18g/yr at a min.  Armia witht he Habs has avg 15g/yr playing 60 games, but somehow its unimaginable for him to get 20 if he plays 80 games.  That conclusion seems absurd to me.

 

I've seen numerous people comment that he is injury prone, and that isnt entirely correct.  His situation reminds me of when Redden played for the Sens and a reporter asked him about having a problem with injuries which confused him and he retorted that he had an issue with people hitting him in the head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

How likely is that? With Paquette signed, the F roster looks set, unless we are going to trade someone.

 

Looking at the cap space, they can re-sign Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi and stay cap-compliant without LTIR for Weber.  Unless they don't want to go that route (in which case, they're done for the summer), there's cap room for one more impact piece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No. Just no. We are going to be operating under a flat cap. Need to act accordingly.

That was the money.  Just to Los Angeles instead....

 

What bargain basement forward to you propose we replace him with?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Looking at the cap space, they can re-sign Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi and stay cap-compliant without LTIR for Weber.  Unless they don't want to go that route (in which case, they're done for the summer), there's cap room for one more impact piece.

Maybe Weber injury was also to stop Kraken from picking him. 😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... He and Lehkonen are both archetypical 3rd-line types; Armia gusts to occasionally looking like a top-6 guy when he gets hot (which is why some posters on here still fantasize about his getting 20 goals, and, I agree, it ain’t going to happen) ...

Whether I agree with that or not, teams have to be built on where players actually slot, not where they could play.of 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Whether I agree with that or not, teams have to be built on where players actually slot, not where they could play.of 

On the other hand, we don't know where Bergevin and Ducharme plan to slot whom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...