Top 25/prospect pipeline

tomh009

Will Engstrom be at training camp? I assume yes?

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: The biggest rises and largest drops - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Biggest Rises
It’s not easy to move up the list now with so many good players lined up at the top, but some impressive seasons from a few members of the organization saw them make major strides.

Adam Engström (+28)
2022: #40 → 2023: #12"

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Will Engstrom be at training camp? I assume yes?

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: The biggest rises and largest drops - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Biggest Rises
It’s not easy to move up the list now with so many good players lined up at the top, but some impressive seasons from a few members of the organization saw them make major strides.

Adam Engström (+28)
2022: #40 → 2023: #12"

Honourable mentions (+4) Owen Beck

Have I told you lately that I really REALLY like Beck 🤩

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Honourable mentions (+4) Owen Beck

Unless Peterborough trades him, Beck will be in Ottawa on 2023-09-29, 2023-10-20, 2023-12-08 and 2024-02-09 to play the 67s ... and Peterborough is only 3-ish hours away down Highway 7.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

No you haven't. So maybe tell us again. LOL  I also really like Beck. There is so much to like about him, excellent skater, great compete level, great at faceoffs, smart, plays a 200 foot game. When you add it all up I just don't see how he doesn't become a regular on the Habs at some point.  The only thing we don't know is how high his offensive ceiling is. 

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No you haven't. So maybe tell us again. LOL  I also really like Beck. There is so much to like about him, excellent skater, great compete level, great at faceoffs, smart, plays a 200 foot game. When you add it all up I just don't see how he doesn't become a regular on the Habs at some point.  The only we don't know is how high his offensive ceiling is. 

as long as he puts up points like Pleks used to, I'll be happy.

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

as long as he puts up points like Pleks used to, I'll be happy.

He may not put up the offensive numbers Pleks did (although that would be awesome if he did), I see him more as a tremendously effective, shut down 3rd line center getting maybe 35-40 points a year although his offensive ceiling could be higher. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Pleks put up over 70 points one season, and was regularly around 60 points that seems a bit much for beck

At least in terms of expectations ... let the lad find his level ... if it happens to be Plek-ish that will be tremendous.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

At least in terms of expectations ... let the lad find his level ... if it happens to be Plek-ish that will be tremendous.

let me cream a bit. I still remember one of Pleks' first games (the first one?) where he stole a puck at his own blue line fora breakaway , that's when I said tom myself: who is this guy? WOW

I don't know why, I get the same vibes from Beck

I see in mind Beck more as a Dvorak-type than a Plekanec, havent seen him play much.

But, hope Beck has had a good offseason training and Nicholas had him focus on some good 'stuff' for improvement.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pleks put up over 70 points one season, and was regularly around 60 points that seems a bit much for beck

If he could reach Danault level production (40-50 points with the Habs) that would be fantastic, I think. Much will depend on the linemates he ends up playing with, though.

• Upvote 1

I’m headed to Buffalo to see the Habs prospects on Saturday! Anyone else going? Looking forward to being able to see the prospects with my own eyes on a full sheet of ice instead of whatever a cameraman points to. 

• Like 1