Game 53 Ducks at Habs 7pm Tuesday Feb 13

Perfect tank season win. Blowout at home, shutout for our goalie, some fights with our guys standing up for each other, our young studs show out. That was a pitiful showing by a terrible Ducks team so we can temper our glee, but a fun night to remove the stink of the last game. 

14 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Slaf might score 20 this season.  That's a pretty good improvement over last season, injury aside.  His improvement so far this season is a strong indication it's more than possible.

He certainly might, 9 goals in the last 29 is definitely possible the way that line is playing. 

I really enjoyed the final PK (I missed the first two periods). Armia maintaining puck possession in spite of four Ducks harassing him, and then Evans all alone in front of the goal. Too bad he couldn't tuck it in for a sixth goal on the evening.

30 minutes ago, Neech said:

Perfect tank season win. Blowout at home, shutout for our goalie, some fights with our guys standing up for each other, our young studs show out. That was a pitiful showing by a terrible Ducks team so we can temper our glee, but a fun night to remove the stink of the last game. 

Exactly, if they are going to win it might as well be with the young guns producing and gaining confidence. 

To hear Guhle was actually playing and not going for shoulder surgery or having some big injury, was simply awesome.

Now, just hope to hear Harris has started skating again soon.

10 Thoughts: Canadiens Shut Down Ducks – HabsWorld.net

3rd Star: Kaiden Guhle – I could easily go with Primeau here but with only 13 saves, he wasn’t really tested.  (But congrats on shutout number one nonetheless.)  I’m going with Guhle who I don’t think many expected would even be in this game after he was injured versus St. Louis.  He certainly wasn’t any worse for wear as the sophomore blueliner had a strong defensive game while helping set up Gignac’s first NHL tally.  Considering how injured he looked barely 48 hours ago, I was quite impressed by his game.

Stats: 1 assist, +1 rating, 7 PIMS, 1 shot, 19:09 TOI

This is gonna sound bizarre, but somehow I feel like the Guhle non-injury is some sort of turning point. It breaks the pattern. Maybe our young core players are not going to keep getting obliterated season after season after all 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights.

Slaf is on fire!!

Awesome that Primeau got a shutout.   

Congrats to Gignac on his 1st goal.  He roofed that shot well - it was just under the crossbar from up close.  

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This is gonna sound bizarre, but somehow I feel like the Guhle non-injury is some sort of turning point. It breaks the pattern. Maybe our young core players are not going to keep getting obliterated season after season after all 🤷‍♂️ 

I thought the same in regards to turning point with injuries back when Andy fell awkwardly and played in the next game.