Luke Tuch signed (2 years ELC @ $925K AAV)

GHT120

• Like 1

What's particularly interesting is that Tuch got a one-way AHL deal.  Usually it's ATO/PTO deals at this time of year.  I assume that lets them pay him more, offsetting some of the foregone money by not signing an ELC that starts this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

What's particularly interesting is that Tuch got a one-way AHL deal.  Usually it's ATO/PTO deals at this time of year.  I assume that lets them pay him more, offsetting some of the foregone money by not signing an ELC that starts this season.

If his ELC would have started this season, how much would he have actually received? Maybe 1/82 or 1/41 of the salary, plus the signing bonus?

42 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If his ELC would have started this season, how much would he have actually received? Maybe 1/82 or 1/41 of the salary, plus the signing bonus?

At most, he will get 2/72 of his AHL contract ... assuming it is the same as the AHL value of his ELC, that is $2,569.44 ... one game of his NHL ELC would have been $11,280.49 ... while that would have been some nice "pocket change", the REAL motivation for asking/hoping for a 23/24 ELC would obviously have been to burn a year and get to RFA, then eventually UFA if all goes well, a year sooner.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

It goes by number of days in the season.  I think it's 190 or 192 this year, something like that.  So 3/192 since there's games until Thursday and then the signing bonus as you noted.

31 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

At most, he will get 2/72 of his AHL contract ... assuming it is the same as the AHL value of his ELC, that is $2,569.44 ... one game of his NHL ELC would have been $11,280.49 ... while that would have been some nice "pocket change", the REAL motivation for asking/hoping for a 23/24 ELC would obviously have been to burn a year and get to RFA, then eventually UFA if all goes well, a year sooner.

There is no AHL salary this year since the contract doesn't start until 2024-25 so it doesn't have anything to do with his AHL salary on the entry-level deal.  There is no cap on what a one-way AHL contract can be and often runs into the six figures.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tuch's 'salary' in the minors is actually in the six figures.  He's eligible for a full weeks' pay since the deal was registered there Monday and there are games I think until Sunday.  That wouldn't completely compensate for what a few NHL days would have been but it would help bridge the gap compared to an ATO which is basically just per diem money.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seems like a future Armia type? Hopefully "good " Armia, not like the bum we saw prior to January.

Maybe  a Struble-like underrated physical guy, i guess is hope. We shall see how he does in Laval next season with Reinbacher, Hutson, Mesar, Beck...

9 hours ago, DON said:

Maybe  a Struble-like underrated physical guy, i guess is hope. We shall see how he does in Laval next season with Reinbacher, Hutson, Mesar, Beck...

Since Stuble is a defenceman, my "target" might be a more skilled and dependable (e.g. 12 minutes/game) "Micheal Pezzetta", still with possible 3rd line upside.

Nice to read this:

16 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seems like a future Armia type? Hopefully "good " Armia, not like the bum we saw prior to January.

Offensively, not a bad comparison.  He's good on board work/cycling with a decent enough shot (not quite as strong as Armia's though).  He might be a 10-goal guy in the NHL.  Defensively, I'd be pleasantly surprised if he got to Armia's level.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Offensively, not a bad comparison.  He's good on board work/cycling with a decent enough shot (not quite as strong as Armia's though).  He might be a 10-goal guy in the NHL.  Defensively, I'd be pleasantly surprised if he got to Armia's level.

I'm thinking that Beck might be a better fit for an Armia-type role, although he might ende up playing centre. I expect we'll know much more for both Beck and Tuch a year from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I'm thinking that Beck might be a better fit for an Armia-type role, although he might ende up playing centre. I expect we'll know much more for both Beck and Tuch a year from now.

Beck 😍 !!!