Game Thread | Canadiens @ Penguins | 03/26/06

bombTHEice

canadiens.jpgvs.gifpenguins.jpg

mtl.gif34-27-9 : 77 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

pit.gif18-40-12 : 48 Points (15th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected Goalies:

aebischer.jpg#30 David Aebischer (25-16-2, 3.07 GAA, .897 SV%)

#29 Marc-André Fleury (11-23-5, 3.21 GAA, .901 SV%) fleury.jpg

Canadiens Roster:

Chris Higgins - Saku Koivu - Michael Ryder

Richard Zednik - Mike Ribeiro - Alex Kovalev

Jan Bulis - Tomas Plekanec - Alexander Perezhogin

Steve Bégin - Radek Bonk - Garth Murray

Sheldon Souray - Craig Rivet

Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek

Todd Simpson - Mathieu Dandenault

David Aebischer

Canadiens Team Stats

Pittsburgh Team Stats

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 10th, 2005: mtl.gif2 pit.gif3 OT

Jan. 3rd, 2006: pit.gif6 mtl.gif4

Mar. 18th, 2006: pit.gif5 mtl.gif4

Radio & TV:

This game can be seen on RDS and NHL Center Ice!

Listen to this game live on CJAD 800 AM! Live Web Stream

h031826A.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go habs go

i wanna see crosby cry this time, not look like hes gonna explode with happiness

time to come back after a great sweep of the laffers with an effort to bury the pens, oh and please start huet

If we lose this, it will be official. A Crosby curse. Montreal won't win against Crosby until he plays for the Habs.

Remember, it was he who scored the shootout winner against Theo way back when, and that game started the downward spiral that had us all commiting suicide every night.

Win Montreal. Win.

A must win game, without a doubt. We have one game on Atlanta but they don't play their next until 30th (while we play another in that time) and we won't be on equal games played until April 6th. Hopefully the Habs come out strong and hit the Pens hard and early. If they can put the Pens away by the second, it will leave some daylight in that final spot and the Habs can worry about catching the Devils. Hopefully...

Go Habs!

Go Habs Go!

We won't need to worry about the goaltending if the team can continue to score goals every night. I dont expect 5-6 every game, but 3-4 should do it if our goalie is playing decent.

I expect Huet will get the start, but Bob has surprised me before :) :hlogo: :hockey: :hlogo:

Go Habs Go!

We won't need to worry about the goaltending if the team can continue to score goals every night. I dont expect 5-6 every game, but 3-4 should do it if our goalie is playing decent.

I expect Huet will get the start, but Bob has surprised me before :) :hlogo: :hockey: :hlogo:

I agree, Huet should start b/c he has played so well, but if Bob sticks to his word and does the "right thing" abby will get the nod.

Hopefully he's up to it...........

GO ABBY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go SAKU GO!!!!!!

I wonder if they will have anything left in the tank to beat the Pens after an emotional series vs. the Leafs, plus it will be their third game in 4 days, or fifth game in 7 days (going back to Monday's game vs. the Caps). It's like they're playing in the Olympics or something :).

I wonder if they will have anything left in the tank to beat the Pens after an emotional series vs. the Leafs, plus it will be their third game in 4 days, or fifth game in 7 days (going back to Monday's game vs. the Caps). It's like they're playing in the Olympics or something :).

This is where guys like Saku, Rivet, Ribs, need to reach deeper into their souls, and show who, and what they are made of..........

Saku shines tonight........

4-3 Habs

Zednick-2 goals

Ribs

Saku

I'm expecting them to win tonight, they should still be on a high and play as cohesive unit, but Tuesday's game against the Islanders might be a bit lacking. They will be dead tired tonight, but they'll play with emotion from the last two nights, but Monday will give them rest and Tuesday they might come out a bit slower.

RDS.CA is reporting that RIBS is NOT going to play tonite!!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/201103.html

gainey decided to not insert ribs in the lineup... umm... maybe not satisfy with his *production*? ummm... stil... this decision is a little bit weird~

Edited by bebehabs

Does anyone actually know if Aebi is starting??

Confirmed.

Aeby will start tonight. Ribs won't play.

source: rds.ca

Happy birthday Lazy!