Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Carolina | 04/22/06

Spider-Man NL

It's Miller time.

The assignment has been accomplished. The Idiotic Whalers...I mean Canes SUCK.

I don't have to worry until Wednesday. Theyt have earned the right to drop game 2.

I'd rather they win of course :D

But, they DID IT :D

6-1 he he he.

Carolina is going to be pissed. Team meeting for sure!

http://www.wphsalumni-1961.com/goldenoldie...lions_sleep.wav

:hlogo: THE LIONS OF WINTER

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bench Gerber if I was them, he was plain horrible.. would you?

56 shots against Esche. OT and it's 2-2. Flyers have 25 shots. Huet is great but Esche makes goalie of the night for sure.

FIFTY SIX!

Holuy crap that's insane :blink:

I would bench Gerber if I was them, he was plain horrible.. would you?

well, i'm not carolina's coach but to do so might emphasize gerber's sense of 'failure'. i think i'd put him back in again and let him redeem himself.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Caught the Carolina feed on Centre Ice, and to their credit the 'Canes anouncers gave the Habs full credit for the win.....they mentioned that although the shots were one-sided, they really didn't reflect the flow of play, with Montreal getting more quality opportunities...........I tend to agree, because most of their shots were off their offensive zone cycle, and came at Huet from angles......however, especially during their PPs, we did block a lot of potential dangerous shots from the point (Carbo's influence)..........When the 'Canes started getting frustrated and tried the old "crash the net to shake up the goalie" bit, I knew they were done!

Just got back... effin great first game... let's hope the boys don't get too over confident... i think we'll see a new canes team next game...

GO HABS GO!!!

I've never been so confident of winning ever since they confirmed that Cole will not be playing in the 1st round :D

This guy is a Habs killer. Without him, the Canes are a completely different team.

I'm not scared of them, I even think that we can eliminate them in 5 or 6. During the season, they never faced the real Habs. Theo played 3 games and sucked big time and Aebi played the other. Markov missed 3 of the 4 games and Kovalev 2 of the 4 games. These 2 players are our best players at their respective positions. Also, Kovalev is a different player in the playoffs and intends on maintening is streak of never being eliminated in the 1st round.

As I was saying before the game, I'm not scared of the Canes at all...

So the canes won all the regular season games? So what? If I remember correctly the Bruins owned us in the regular season 2003-2004 as well and we all know what happened then.

I hate making gameresult predictions but I will try now...

Habs: 6 (Zednik 3, Plekanek, Kovalev, Bonk)

cans: 2 (Weight, Kaberle)

We will rule them from the drop of the puck til the buzzer in the third!

Gaah.. I missed my prediction with one goal :D

Got some of the goalscorers.. Bonk and Kovalev. I think Ill try another one on next game.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift.

I hope it's your birthday again tomorrow!!

Gaah.. I missed my prediction with one goal :D

Got some of the goalscorers.. Bonk and Kovalev. I think Ill try another one on next game.

Please do so!!

I was really happy the way Souray bounced back after some first period blunders. He was solid the rest of the game.

Sundstom? Who knew that Gainey would even start him after sitting most of the second half of the season. Glad he did though because he was awesome.

All players, all lines were working hard out there. Kovalev will be checked much harder next game. He completely controlled play out there. The good news is that leaves less pressure on Koivu.

I want to go back to Montreal up 2-0

i wouldn't pull Gerber out for the next game. and i don't expect Laviolette to either. i've been reading a lot of Canes blogs and apparently that wasn't Gerber last night. just an off night. and Ward is just young and inexperienced. we should see Gerber monday night. but a different one.

i was just happy to see the Habs take this one. amazingly unexpected, for sure, but that was a huge game to take. awesome :)

Edited by lull

What a sweet game. I was very worried after Canes made it 1-0 and it seemed like they had so much more jump than us.

Montreal pulled through, let's go back to Montreal with a 2-0 series lead!

Great game from the boys last nite, Hard work paid off at the end on this one. Lets steal game 2 now.....GO HABS GO!!! :hlogo:

you cannot steal what is yours. MTL will own the Canes.

GO HABS GO