Is Gainey Done?

johnnyhasbeen

BG Should Freeze the team until the Trade Deadline comes around, Then We can start Making the Moves for some Rent-A-Players to load up for the playoffs. I wouldnt be surprised if Abby and Perezhogin are the trade bait for us. But then again...In the past I mentioned Scott Gomez...I think he would really stand out in a Montreal jersey. If BG can somehow get him in a CH jersey before the regular season, I respect his roll of the dice. It could really be an exclamation point that this team is a Stanley Cup contender!

We have too many defencemen. When Bouillon gets back we will have 8 Dmen on the roster. Does that leave the cube as #7 and Streit on waivers?

Not to mention we will have 4 defencemen as UFA at the end of the year. I think Souray will be a trade deadline move, possibly with Aeibischer.

I know its bad because he is young but we should trade Danis with Souray, We have Halak and Price for are young goalies

I really really realllllly.. think that we should keep Souray.

:hlogo:

Me too. I am not his biggest fan but he does some things well and you cannot replace this with rookies. Time to see what this team is made of before any more trades, unless it is an obvious good trade.

Ribiero's salary was moved based on the contracts being signed & arbitration awards that were being made for players similar to him. Gainey preferred to avoid arbitration - it is an ugly confrontation and he knew he could end up paying more. Smart management by Gainey - he signed him for the market determined value.

Ninimaa is a commodity that could go either way - Gainey obviously thinks he's a good bet at this time.

More upside than Robidas or any of the other candidates he's shipped out so far.

He's a seasoned veteran who is being called on to shore up the defence, not to be the top quarterback.

Since when can people who never played a day in the NHL, coached at that level, or managed at any pro level suddenly claim they know more about NHL talent than Gainey? It really ticks me off when people claim they know all about who should be where and whatever -- RANT RANT RANT RANT :angry::wacko:<_<

Edited by beliveau1

I think a trade will happen eventually to get another forward, hopefully a center. Gainey must feel that Niinaama will have a comeback year or he would not have taken the gamble. He gave up a decent center (despite people's opinions on ribs, he was not useless).

If Niinaama works out, we have some trade bait on defense and some spare parts up front (perez). We could give a team a decent defenseman plus a young winger in trade for a center. Of course, if Pleks works out and Niinaama doesn't, we can always stand pat and just let Niinaama go away after the season.

Oh, we also have a spare goaltender for trade bait. :)

I think that there is another minor move coming before Friday.... I dont know what but just got that feeling.

Two to go!! :hlogo:

We have too many defencemen. When Bouillon gets back we will have 8 Dmen on the roster. Does that leave the cube as #7 and Streit on waivers?

Not to mention we will have 4 defencemen as UFA at the end of the year. I think Souray will be a trade deadline move, possibly with Aeibischer.

does Streit need to clear waivers? we got rougly one mil... for deadline... thats enough I hope but not enough for a TOP rent a player... Hopefully we wont need any!

For sure Gainey is done. He's made his moves and now needs a vacation. The phone will be put off the hook at the Bell Centre (oh how ironic!!!) and no calls will be returned for the season. In fact, I believe he's going to Whistler to ski... or maybe he was taking a break in France. Can't quite remember now....