New Power Rankings

les_glorieux

Certainly interesting, although I think the Habs are ranked a little low and some of the upper teams a little high, but they did a great job ranking the Laffs at 20; low enough to miss the playoffs, but high enough to miss a blue-chip prospect. :P

you gotta love how they dont list any key injuries for montreal.

cmon Dark Faerie!?!?! they are just ranking TO low in the preseason so they can say that surpassed expectations... (although i dont think they will)

I agree that they ranked them abit low, and some of the teams that high. I mean i know that Boston is gonna be good this year, but not as good as montreal <_<

you gotta love how they dont list any key injuries for montreal.

cmon Dark Faerie!?!?! they are just ranking TO low in the preseason so they can say that surpassed expectations... (although i dont think they will)

What Toronto Maple Leaf TSN biased site is not ranking Leafs at #2 or #3 like last year. Whats Up With That!!!

TSN probably didnt want to look like fools like last years predictions so they ranked them where they ended up.

:hlogo:

ummmm...... New Jersey abit far back i think they should be abit higher,

there a pretty good team

Ah now I know why the LEafs are ranked so low:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier today Leafs' GM John Ferguson said five Leafs will start the season on the disabled list.

Ferguson said that Antropov will not play in Wednesday night's opener against the Ottawa Senators and will be placed on injured reserve on Tuesday along with right winger Ben Ondrus and defencemen Brendan Bell, Carlo Colaiacovo and Staffan Kronwall to start the season.

The Leafs' roster will be set on Tuesday by 3 p.m. Ferguson also said there's a very good chance that the Leafs will carry three goalies to start the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they carry three goalies then they are not thrilled with Raycroft. Telquist went on waivers and if he clears me thinks T-Dot management might already be in goalie panic mode.

Also, when Antropov and Ondrus are back in the lineup I am sure Leafs will be ranked #2 :lol:

UPDATE: I was wrong about Telquist as he did not have to go on wavers yet as they have lots of guys on IR.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier today Leafs' GM John Ferguson said five Leafs will start the season on the disabled list.

Ferguson said that Antropov will not play in Wednesday night's opener against the Ottawa Senators and will be placed on injured reserve on Tuesday along with right winger Ben Ondrus and defencemen Brendan Bell, Carlo Colaiacovo and Staffan Kronwall to start the season.

The Leafs' roster will be set on Tuesday by 3 p.m. Ferguson also said there's a very good chance that the Leafs will carry three goalies to start the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they carry three goalies then they are not thrilled with Raycroft. Telquist went on waivers and if he clears me thinks T-Dot management might already be in goalie panic mode.

Also, when Antropov and Ondrus are back in the lineup I am sure Leafs will be ranked #2 :lol:

I think this sums it all up for me: :lol:

lol, hahaha :D

I'd say Montreals mediocer ranking is due to the unknowns. If the kids play at the NHL level and Huet refinds his form, we will be atop the standings and the power rankings.

Uncle Bill that Leafs Lunch expert and Sportsnet expert actually thinks the Habs are going to do something because he said the circus in Montreal is over now that the 3 problem children are gone. I think we refer to them as the Three Amigos???

Also he said speed is important and Huet should prove himself. Like us he is resistant to say championship material due to many unknowns. He made one major comment that the Niniima trade was major for Montreal as he is better than most people give him credit for. At one time in the past, Leafs were going to trade Tucker for Niniima but 12 other teams put offers in as well. He said one guy to watch is their new defenceman from Dallas.

Oh how the Leaf fans on the Leaf radio station must have loved that!! Bill's not a bad guy, just likes the wrong team with that ugly blue Mapleleaf on the jersey.

Strongly disagree with only 3 teams

Detroit 1st

Dallas 5th - are they frikkin kiddin me?

Columbus 25th

But overrall their ranking are not so bad IMO. Our Habs deserve perhaps a few ranks higher but they are not being grossly underestimated.

Strongly disagree with only 3 teams

Detroit 1st

Dallas 5th - are they frikkin kiddin me?

Columbus 25th

But overrall their ranking are not so bad IMO. Our Habs deserve perhaps a few ranks higher but they are not being grossly underestimated.

Although I think your questioning Detroit is right, they do still have a pretty good team and it would not suprise me to see them around #4 or #5.

I think that montreal should/will finish ahead of philadelphia and edmonton. I also don'T see what they see in detroit. I picked them fighting for a playoffs spot.

when bouillon comes back, we'll suddenly have a great D . this should bring us in the top ten.

I'd say Montreals mediocer ranking is due to the unknowns. If the kids play at the NHL level and Huet refinds his form, we will be atop the standings and the power rankings.

i am not sure what huethas to find. he has only played preseason and not much of that with a lineup that s not reg season. we signed him for 3 million because we know he will be just as good as last year maybe better! go crystalball go

Dallas has no business being 5th. They are a sub-par team. I really can't see them making the playoffs.

Columbus will definitely do better than 25th. I'd rank the so-called 25th team over their 5th team any day. Columbus has got some great talent.

Overall, good list though. We should be a little higher but not that much higher. Maybe 10th-12th.