Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Toronto | 10/07/06

Spider-Man NL

how so?

The both keep losing.

Carolina lost to Washington 5-2 tonight to remain winless. Ottawa lost to Buffalo and lose 2 straight. Obviously I was being sarcastic and don't expect them to continue to suck.

whats MIA?

I think he means Missing in Action

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina lost to Washington 5-2 tonight to remain winless

I laugh at them with great pride that we dont have a sucky cheap team to cheer for :D

GO HABS :hlogo:

I'm watching Chicago/ Columbus and im pissed, no one is helping out habby

hey whos liking johnson? his contribution to the team? i'm glad gainey got him

good team player...better on the team then Zednik

Early conclusions:

GOOD NEWS:

-Koivu's eye is a non-issue

-Johnson is looking good (no surprise)

-Bonk is looking good (a surprise to those who ignored his groin injury last season)

-Higgins is threatening to become a bona fide star

-Komisarek is playing with confidence

-the goalies both look sharp as tacks

-Ryder continues to be Ryder. Some would classify this as 'bad news'

BAD NEWS:

-awful team D

-no consistency

-MARKOV is MIA - this is very, very bad news for our season, if it continues

-Garth Murray is God-awful - a few more games like that and we should start a countdown to Kostityn

-Kovalev is still dreaming of BBQs

-Samsonov needs more time; so far he semi-sucks

-Niinimaa needs more time; so far he semi-sucks

Pleks has been OK - certainly no better than Ribeiro; Latendresse has done adequately but is obviously green; and Dandeault has been...interesting.

We live in interesting times, fellow Habbies.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

hey whos liking johnson? his contribution to the team? i'm glad gainey got him

good team player...better on the team then Zednik

I'm liking that line a lot. Johnson, Bonk and Perezhogin seem to have some chemistry and they were Montreal's best line tonight. Seems to be a great 3rd line and I'm curious to see if they can keep it up and possibly get better as the season goes on.

Well I'm excited that we won. It really would have left a bad taste in my mouth if we had lost, having to wait til wednesday before our next game. Now, having said that, somebody has to tell Samsonov to just shoot the damn puck once in a while! Did you see with 2 seconds left in the 3rd and he had the puck in close to the net and he passed to the point?! It's a good thing we didn't use him in the shootout, he probably would have been looking for a pass.

Overall 2 oints is nice to have. The habs were pretty bad most of the game and uninterested. Who knows if they were tired. Buffalo had 3 games in 4 nights and won all 3. I think CC had some good points in his good and bad segment.

Good:

2 points

3rd line played well

Aebisher stole 2 points

Komi i thought played pretty well.

Bad:

defensively played really bad again (Toronto is a very slow team and they dancing in the Habs zone all night)

Looked like the old Habs Lazy penalties, no effort, no scoring chances. How did they get 30 shots?

Gave up alot of scoring chances.

The D cannot seem to make clean passes to get out of the zone.

I'm hoping this effort was related to being tired and putting in a good effort but with a bad result. I'm expecting Carbo to have them flying on Wed. 4 days until the next game they should be ready.

Game Thoughts:

Higgins: was the best player on the ice for the Habs tonight. Hard to believe he was a rookie a year ago.

Koivu: was alright, though its obvious that compared to a few years ago he's on the decline.

Ryder: salvaged an aweful game with his shootout goal. He's getting predictable and I fear he turns into a one-trick pony.

Samsonov: seemed to get more comfortable as the game went on. Once he's more accustomed to the team and linemates, he should be fun to watch.

Plekanec: like Higgins, hard to believe he was a rookie a year ago. Once that line gels...

Kovalev: was his typical self, turning it on only when the game got on the line late in the game.

Perezhogin: shows good stuff on some shifts and seemed more confident as the game went on.

Bonk: was so-so early in the game but started palying a little better later.

Johnson: second best skater after Higgins. Shows good energy and offensive upside. A nice 3rd liner.

Murray: not lot to his game. Can't really do much with the puck. Seemed to drag down Begin and Latendresse.

Begin: didnt see much ice with the 4th line, and seemed to be stuck in the defensive zone. Did awesome PK work though.

Latendresse: Didnt get a chance to do much since the 4th line spent the night chasing the puck. Did a nice dive to harpoon the puck that drew a penalty to Battaglia late in the game.

Markov: didnt look his usual self, seemed tired or uninterested. If I recall well he lost his man on Tucker's goal.

Souray: had a decent game, especially offensively, but still struggling defensively.

Rivet: same as Souray without the offense. Just typical Rivet I guess.

Komisarek: alright game. He does look more confident out there. Not getting lot of attention but if he keeps progressing that way he'll be our #2 D before the season ends.

Dandeneault: was our best D I thought. He's alert and uses his speed well.

Niinimaa: I thought he looked alright. His outlet passes are good, easily second best to Markov. Once he's more comfortable in the system and forwards know him better, I think he'll be able to generate much more offense.

Aebischer: was solid if unspectacular. That's good news having two goalies who can be on top of their games, it could rub off the rest of the players.

Edited by KoZed

Game Thoughts:

Higgins: was the best player on the ice for the Habs tonight. Hard to believe he was a rookie a year ago.

Koivu: was alright, though its obvious that compared to a few years ago he's on the decline.

Ryder: salvaged an aweful game with his shootout goal. He's getting predictable and I fear he turns into a one-trick pony.

Samsonov: seemed to get more comfortable as the game went on. Once he's more accustomed to the team and linemates, he should be fun to watch.

Plekanec: like Higgins, hard to believe he was a rookie a year ago. Once that line gels...

Kovalev: was his typical self, turning it on only when the game got on the line late in the game.

Perezhogin: shows good stuff on some shifts and seemed more confident as the game went on.

Bonk: was so-so early in the game but started palying a little better later.

Johnson: second best skater after Higgins. Shows good energy and offensive upside. A nice 3rd liner.

Murray: not lot to his game. Can't really do much with the puck. Seemed to drag down Begin and Latendresse.

Begin: didnt see much ice with the 4th line, and seemed to be stuck in the defensive zone. Did awesome PK work though.

Latendresse: Didnt get a chance to do much since the 4th line spent the night chasing the puck. Did a nice dive to harpoon the puck that drew a penalty to Battaglia late in the game.

Markov: didnt look his usual self, seemed tired or uninterested. If I recall well he lost his man on Tucker's goal.

Souray: had a decent game, especially offensively, but still struggling defensively.

Rivet: same as Souray without the offense. Just typical Rivet I guess.

Komisarek: alright game. He does look more confident out there. Not getting lot of attention but if he keeps progressing that way he'll be our #2 D before the season ends.

Dandeneault: was our best D I thought. He's alert and uses his speed well.

Niinimaa: I thought he looked alright. His outlet passes are good, easily second best to Markov. Once he's more comfortable in the system and forwards know him better, I think he'll be able to generate much more offense.

Aebischer: was solid if unspectacular. That's good news having two goalies who can be on top of their games, it could rub off the rest of the players.

While I agree with a lot of what you wrote, here is what I disagree with.

1. I don't agree that Koivu's skills appear to be in decline. In fact, I think he'll have his best year this year, he looks like a very similar player to what he used to be but seems to be less hesitant to shoot.

2. Dandenault: WHile I agree he was one of the top Dmen tonight, I thought Komi was better because of Dandy's multiple penalties.

3. Komi is our #2 Dman already. Who else is there, It ain't Rivet or Sourray, that's for damn sure.

Good player breakdown Koz.

Concerning the 4th line, they simply don't deserve to get more icetime. Didn't see Begin or Latendresse or Murray hit anyone. Latendresse was immobile most of the time outside the play, waiting for a breakaway pass. He went one time in the action (that play where he drew a penality by falling on the ice (it was nicely done btw)).

I agree too. Markov wasn't at all in his game. Not usual.

I'd like to see Perezhogin on Plekanec's line.

Early conclusions:

GOOD NEWS:

-Koivu's eye is a non-issue

-Johnson is looking good (no surprise)

-Bonk is looking good (a surprise to those who ignored his groin injury last season)

-Higgins is threatening to become a bona fide star

-Komisarek is playing with confidence

-the goalies both look sharp as tacks

-Ryder continues to be Ryder. Some would classify this as 'bad news'

BAD NEWS:

-awful team D

-no consistency

-MARKOV is MIA - this is very, very bad news for our season, if it continues

-Garth Murray is God-awful - a few more games like that and we should start a countdown to Kostityn

-Kovalev is still dreaming of BBQs

-Samsonov needs more time; so far he semi-sucks

-Niinimaa needs more time; so far he semi-sucks

Pleks has been OK - certainly no better than Ribeiro; Latendresse has done adequately but is obviously green; and Dandeault has been...interesting.

We live in interesting times, fellow Habbies.

Markov hasn't been great, but has been the best defenseman, except for maybe Komisarek.

Edited by les_glorieux