Flyers Waive 3 Players

Good old patient Clarke, I assume he is going to gut his team?

unless he has some pretty decent prospects in the farm but I doubt it.

Silly Flyers, they refuse to understand than you need a quality goalie to win games

Like the Islanders, I cant say than I feel any pity for them. They made mistakes and had it coming to them.

They are recalling 3 guys as well. Ruzicka, Picard and Eager. I guess they can get more for their money with them.

Those three guys make less money and are twice as good as Nedved Baumgartner and Dmitrakos!

I read somewhere, I think in a post here, that Clarke had stated a few people were in for a shock if they didn't pick it up. He said that in pre-season and I took it someone or few weren't making it that were a shoe in. I figure these guys didn't impress then and still aren't, so Clarke/Hitchcock are making the right move. They had a chance, probably more than they desearved after training camp, and didn't man up.

That being said, I will still take Baumgartner on waivers. As with Traverse, good guy to have as a defensive body. If we lose them waivering back and forth between AHL/NHL, big deal. Leave the kids in the AHL until at least half season, if possible.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I read somewhere, I think in a post here, that Clarke had stated a few people were in for a shock if they didn't pick it up. He said that in pre-season and I took it someone or few weren't making it that were a shoe in. I figure these guys didn't impress then and still aren't, so Clarke/Hitchcock are making the right move. They had a chance, probably more than they desearved after training camp, and didn't man up.

That being said, I will still take Baumgartner on waivers. As with Traverse, good guy to have as a defensive body. If we lose them waivering back and forth between AHL/NHL, big deal. Leave the kids in the AHL until at least half season, if possible.

I agree we need all the defence depth we can get. It's a long season and we have already had some injury trouble.

I don't think they need a goalie.

Nittymaki is really good, possibly top 15 in the league. What they need is mobile defensemen.

Maybe they might look to us as we might have too many guys on staff when bouillon and Dandenault get healthy

Waivers = half price. We get him for 600K.

Not only at half price, but with Dandy out long term at 1.7 we come out ahead until he returns. Then we send Bumgardener down, probably losing him on waivers to another team in need of a d-man to replace injuries. I expect Toronto to make a move for him.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny.. only a couple of days before he was waived he played a good game against us. Played on the penalty kill and everything.

Hmm, according to TSN, the Flyers have recalled Nedved in the hopes that another team claims him. Strange, I thought the recall waivers were nixed.

You are right, they were.

Real reason they are calling him up: Carter is out for 6 weeks.

Didn’t Peter Nedved and Alex Kovalev play in the same line at one point??…We know they were teammates at different stages with the Rangers.

interesting no???

They were traded for each other, I remember that.

Nedved held out in Pittsburgh and got himself shipped to NYR for Kovalev.

Kovalev was shipped back to NYR years later as a rental for a whole bunch of no names.