Game Thread | Habs vs. Hurricanes | 11/02/06

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvrssign.gifcarolina200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif6-2-3 : 15 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

carolina50.gif6-5-2 : 14 Points (6th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (2-1-2), 2.93 GAA, .899 Save%

Carolina

2838.gif# 30 Cam Ward (6-4-1), 3.38 GAA, .890 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Hurricanes Roster
Link

13453.gifCanadienBall.jpg13454.gif

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Kovalev - Perezhogin
Latendresse - Bonk - Johnson
Begin - Plekanec - Downey

13457.gif

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Niinimaa - Streit

13455.gif
Cristobal Huet

Huetward.jpg

SourayvsAssholeWilliams.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yepppp huet is going to play... seems like carbo didnt decide that aebi is going to be #1 yet :P

i think koivu will have a big game... just a feeling...

we need another big win against the canes!! gotta get as much points as possible...

komi is going to play (from what RDS says) thanx god, we dunt need to call up Traverse :P

GHG

NOTE : i luv the name of the 2nd pic file : SourayvsAssholeWilliams.jpg

;)

Edited by bebehabs

It's time Captain Karma... err.... Koivu.. got his retribution...

I will not be satisfied unless each habs skater levels Williams at some point... I want to see him cry... I want someone to knock that stupid look off his face! :D

But I'll settle for a win.... GO HABS GO!!!

Does anybody else despise the Hurricanes? I do... they're probably my least favourite NHL team at the moment (yes, more than the Leafs and Bruins, and it's totally because of 2002 and last year).

I have a grudge against Williams for obvious reasons. I've always detested Erik Cole ever since 2002 when he dispected Carbo. Kevyn and Craig Adams are bums, two of the worst divers in the NHL. I've never rooted harder for a goalie to fail than I am for Cam Ward. I could go on and on...

I smell a little bit of PAYBACK

to the tenth power...

If there is one team I want us to destroy

This is them

Please God....If there is one..

Give me a score of 8-0

He deserves the Shootout...

and also if youre listening

give KOMI 2 points

thx glhf

Go Habs Go.

Karma Always Happens!

Justin Williams will get his! No worries guys

I think Carbo has left Downey in the lineup for a reason.

I can also see Komisarek getting on Williams case.

And or, Perezhogin snapping and slashing Williams face, causing him to have a seizure (I wish) :lool:

I dont really care much for the Williams incident though.....I think the best form of revenge is coming out hard and shelling the Canes and that flash in the pan Ward 7-0 in their own rink; and make it a marked date on the schedule to bring the "A" game and take two points every time we visit Carolina or vice versa.

Oh...By the way...to the person who started this thread...

you forgot one statistic

Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup Banners: 1

Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup Banners: 24...soon to be 25!!!

GO :hlogo: GO!

Am I the only one who believes the Williams highstick was unintentional? I think it is insane how barbaric people are regarding this situation, if you want to look at a vicious play take a look at Perazhogin's two handed baseball swing at a players head a couple of years ago. This attack on Williams is absolutely foolish, but it is funny how we tend to downplay things when it is one of our own. Considering we have Perezhogin in our lineup and noone mentions his actions from the past, you should be ashamed of yourselfs for bringing up an accidental highstick by Justin Williams. You're just sore losers that are looking for a scapegoat because the Habs choked!

Am I the only one who believes the Williams highstick was unintentional? I think it is insane how barbaric people are regarding this situation, if you want to look at a vicious play take a look at Perazhogin's two handed baseball swing at a players head a couple of years ago. This attack on Williams is absolutely foolish, but it is funny how we tend to downplay things when it is one of our own. Considering we have Perezhogin in our lineup and noone mentions his actions from the past, you should be ashamed of yourselfs for bringing up an accidental highstick by Justin Williams. You're just sore losers that are looking for a scapegoat because the Habs choked!

Nobody condones what Perezhogin did. Even if it was justified. If you remember the other player hit him with his stick in the head first. It's not my style, but I can understand Prez's reaction.

As for Williams, he has a history of "unintentional" high sticks. He almost cost us our Franchise player, the heart and soul of the Habs. And if I played for the Habs, I'd be looking to for some payback. IMO it has nothing to do with loosing to the Canes last year, this has to do with a dirty player getting what he deserves.

Question about Perezhogin on the 2nd line: I thought he played the left wing and samsonov played the right wing? Did he not play the left wing on the third line? Has he switched to the right wing now so Sammy can stay on his normal side?

Anyone who knows, please help, I'm confused :huh:

Question about Perezhogin on the 2nd line: I thought he played the left wing and samsonov played the right wing? Did he not play the left wing on the third line? Has he switched to the right wing now so Sammy can stay on his normal side?

Anyone who knows, please help, I'm confused :huh:

samsonov is a left-winger. Perezhogin played left wing on the third but was shifted to the right wing to get on the second.

I don't know about you guys but I want Williams to be sleeping in a Hospital bed tonight!!! :contract:

That's really too much.

Perez is a natural RW. He was moved to the left side since the Habs are deep on the RW. As for the Williams thing, yes he does need a beating. I do think it was an accident but you are responsible for your stick. Once someone goes after him, fights him, it will be over. Thar's the hockey is and always will be. Penalties, none onw called here are not a big enough consequence for his actions. Remember Perez was banished for a year for his stick foul. So know one had a chance to fight him.

bah...Koivu was talking and to be thrutfull koivu was saying he didint really think about the Williams factor...and what was important for him was the Win....i mean if anything....we are just going to get penelized...and for the gyu8 who said we are only looking for a scaoegoat for are lose...most would agree that the lost of koivu was the turning point of the playoffs match-up between the two...now all i hope for tonight is a big win to get 2 in row...and climb in the rankings

go :hlogo: go