Your top 5 teams

Cataclaw

EDIT: Crap, i put this in the wrong forum by accident. Can a mod kindly move this to the NHL forum? Thanks!

Was thinking about this as i checked the NHL.com scoreboard...

What are your top 5 favourite teams and why?

TOP 5 FAVOURITES:

#1 - Canadiens

Obviously! The only team i truly cheer for.

#2 - Senators

Poor Ottawa has always been in Toronto's shadow, disfavoured by the CBC, etc. They always play well during the regular season only to get shafted in the playoffs. Go sens!

#3 - Capitals

Ovechkin and Zednik. Did i mention Ovechkin? Another 'underdog' team with a few stars. Fun team to cheer on.

#4 - Coyotes

I don't root for Pheonix because of Gretzky, i root for Pheonix because they're so laughably terrible this season that i can't help but feel sorry for them. Seriously.

#5 - Wild

Not too sure why, maybe it's the Quebecers on the team, maybe it's Mikko Koivu, maybe it's a lot of things, but i like Minnesota.

---------

LEAST FAVOURITE:

Toronto Maple Laffs

No explanation necessary. It's Toronto after all. Darcy Tucker, etc etc etc.

Edited by Cataclaw

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1: Colorado Avalanche: I'm from Colorado, have been an Avalanche since day one. Went to their first game in CO, Roy's first game, and game 7 in 2001.

#2: Buffalo Sabres: Chris Drury is a stud, and my name is Ryan Miller. Have liked them even more since Hasek left.

#3: Toronto Maple Leafs: (Sorry!) Really like Mats Sundin and have really enjoyed visits to Toronto. But mostly I remember the 1993 playoffs when Felix "the cat" Potvin and Kelly Hrudey squared off. Took a liking to them then, and haven't given up.

#4: Dallas Stars: Born in Dallas, so when they aren't playing (and losing to) the Avalanche, I like to see them do well.

#5: Atlanta Thrashers: Ilya Kovalchuk is amazing and Bob Hartley is their coach. I wish they had met with more success in recent years.

#26: Edmonton Oilers: Least objectionable of the other Northwest teams.

#27: Minnesota Wild: The North Stars never should've left in the first place.

#28: Calgary Flames: Kiprusoff is a one-hit wonder, Alex Tanguay should still be an Avalanche, and Jarome Iginla is the one player I like.

#30 (Tie): Vancouver Canucks: TODD BERTUZZI. And the Avalanche were dumb enough to pick up Brad May. Can't stand the *ucks.

#30 (Tie): Detroit Red Wings: They're the Yankees of hockey. RED WINGS SUCK!!!!!

1: MONTREAL CANADIENS

and after that there is a whole time nothing. So lets talk about teams i prefer. Love doesnt come close :D

2:Colorado (Sakic :D)

3:Columbus (NASH NASH NASH NASH!!)

4:Atlanta

5:LA (i love that Jersey and offcourse: GARON!!)

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

TOP 5 FAVOURITES:

#1 - Canadiens

Hu ... what else ? :hlogo:

#2 - Red Wings

for many great players ... Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan, Lidstrom, ...

#3 - Penguins

Mario's fault

#4 - Sharks

I won the cup with them in my fantasy league ! ... :lol:

#5 - Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver

during playoffs, i always cheer for canadians teams of the other conference

---------

LEAST FAVOURITE:

#1 - Avalanche

Red Wings rivalry ...

#2 - Flyers

'cause it's the favorite team of my best friend :P

#3 - Rangers

I would have ranked them 1st, but Shanahan moved there ...

#4 - "Mes pauvres Leafs"

no need to argue

#5 - Stars

Goes without saying that the Habs are on top of the list. Second is Detroit. Why? Well, mostly 'cause of Nicklas Lidström. I'm obviously biased, since he played for my hometown team before he went over to the NHL, but I think he's the best Swedish player to ever have played in the NHL. THe media in Sweden always talks so much about Försberg, Sundin, Alfredsson and Markus Näslund, but IMO Lidström is better than all of those and he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. He's accomplished more than any other Swedish player. Even Forsberg, who is probably the most talented Swede ever, cannot match Lidström's list of achievements, as far as trophies and Cups goes. Together with former habs Mats Näslund, Lidström's my favorite player. Also, I am a huge fan of Henrik Zetterberg.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

besides the obvious montreal CANADIENS BABY!!

1- edmonton oilers: hardest working team, live in alberta for year so I got to love them.

2-Tampa bay lightning: a great offensive team and RIchards is one of my favourite player in the league.

3- pittsburgh penguins: this will be an exciting team to watch until crosby signs to mtl :D

4-vancouver canuck: I was at the game 3 years ago where montreal got killed like-6-1 or so. however in the standings there were 10 beautifull girls who at one pointe took their sweater off only to reveal their bra and each a letter of the word vancouver, quite the sight :rolleyes: !! to that point I vowed to like the nucks until I die

5-gotta say the sabres for now, they're such an offensive threat. they are a treat to watch.

my least favourite teams

1- toronto of their stupid fans when they come to town

2-the islanders: they should be denied a first round pick for signing dipietro for 15 years

3-nashville: does anybody like them ??

4-boston and chicago for the cheapest owners of all time

5-panthers: I just don't give a crap about them !!

1. Habs, of course.

2. Jackets, of course.

3. Tampa Bay: Marty and Vinny were amazing on NHL 2004, started following them because of that, then they go and win the Cup that year.

4. Dallas: Not so much anymore, but back when Gainey was GM and they still had guys like Muller and Carbo around I liked them.

5. Minnesota: Had to pick someone for 5th

26. Colorado: Used to be up there with Detroit, but I like them more and more with the likes Svatos and Wolski

27. Nashville: Fun to watch, but a thorn in my side

28. New Jersey: They've been good for years, and they still get no fans at their games. They don't deserve a team

29. Toronto: Because I have to

30. Detroit: I hated them when they were buying all the good free agents, and now are in the Jackets' division.

1. Canadiens

ummm.... four more teams i like in no particular order

Blackhawks: I've been an Illinois guy for a while, just wish they were much better

Predators: Like vokoun, fun to watch, play nearby

Columbus: really thought they were figuring it out, not crazy about hitchcock (he is an upgrade though)

umm... I guess the ducks are growing on me

Teams I dislike?

1. Maple Leafs

2. Bruins (sometimes they are #1, but they suck sufficiently to induce apathy)

You live in Mass long enough as a Habs fan and you will agree.

3. Colorado

a: they used to be the nordiques

b: they are no longer the nordiques

c: theodore, roy

4. Detroit

a: everybody in indiana who claims any hockey fandom roots for this team

b: the biggest bandwagon team since the yankees

5. St. Louis, Calgary

a: just never like the blues, pronger isnt my favourite and katchuk (sp?) and Brett Hull... Ftorek benching Gretzky, a Colts like string of playoff futility

b: dont need no cowboys in my hockey

Edited by simonus

4-vancouver canuck: I was at the game 3 years ago where montreal got killed like-6-1 or so. however in the standings there were 10 beautifull girls who at one pointe took their sweater off only to reveal their bra and each a letter of the word vancouver, quite the sight :rolleyes: !! to that point I vowed to like the nucks until I die

LOL

Awesome :lol:

Canadian teams are fun to cheer on too. It's unfortunate that some american teams have more canadian players than some canadian teams :/

Teams I love:

1) Montreal Canadiens: I've been a fan since the moment I popped out of my mother, thanks to my father. I don't think I need to say anymore.

2) Buffalo Sabres: I started liking them after Hasek left and even more so last year with their speed and balanced scoring. I was *almost* as pissed about that "delay of game" penalty as I was with Williams. :angry:

3) Minnesota Wild: I absolutely love these guys! Ever since they got off to that hot start in 2002-03 and subsequently knocked off both Colorado AND Vancouver, they've been my favourite Western team. Having Mikko Koivu doesn't hurt either. :P

4) Atlanta Thrashers: Always been a big fan of Marian Hossa. Always been a big fan of Kovalchuk because of the Kovalchuk/Naslund debates I've had with my deluded Canuck friends. And of course, Lehtonen is simply magnificent. He's hit a bit of a rough patch, but he'll rebound soon enough. And then there's the blue third jerseys. I think they look gorgeous.

5) New York Islanders: Okay, I admit, being their GM in HWL has made this decision rather biased, but they HAVE been playing quite well so far this year. Also, I was cheering for them back in 2001-02 during their series with Toronto. *insert rage here about Tucker being a cheapshot goon* :angry:

Honourable mention: The Dallas Stars are the Finnish National Development squad, but their lack of playoff success coupled with Lindros and Ribeiro have caused them to miss the top 5.

Teams I hate:

1) Toronto Maple Leafs: Do I need an explanation? Also, their captain is Swedish. :P

2) Vancouver Canucks: Nearly as bad as Toronto, I hate Canuck fans because they're a bunch of bandwagoners and think they're the best thing since sliced bread, yet they haven't even won a Cup. Also, most BCers are combo Leafs/Nucks fans. The only time I'd ever cheer for the Canucks is if by some twist of fate they happened to play Toronto in the SCF. :puke: Also, their captain is Swedish. :P

3) Carolina Hurricanes: I really, really hate this team. They knocked the Habs out twice and I don't think they're even that great of a team. Plus, Brind'amour and Staal have faces that only a mother could love.

4) Edmonton Oilers: I don't know what it is, but I just don't like this team. I also really, really don't like Gretzky, so maybe that's the connection. :P

5) Ottawa Senators: Up until last season, they were my second favourite team, but now I hate them because of their cocky attitude. Also, their captain is Swedish. :P

Honourable mention: The Calgary Flames are another annoying team, mostly due to the fact that their fans are nearly just as bad as Vancouver's, although at least they've won a Cup (although it was against the Habs!!!!! :angry: ) Also, they don't know what the word OFFENSE means. I've also officially hated Kipper ever since he declined playing for the Finns in the Olympics... :angry:

Fav

Habs (DUH)

Sens (gotta like the local team)

Flames/Oilers/Nucks - tie (gotta cheer on the canadian teams not located in Toronto)

Sabres (they just too good and too fun to watch, i cant hate them)

Penguins (Lemieux,crosby,Malking, etc)

Capitals (cos of Ovenckin)

Dont like, from least to worse

Rangers (big spenders)

Philly (bullies)

Jersey (BORING)

Bruins (love to hate 'em)

leafs (DUH)

1. :hlogo:

2. Kings ( Hometown team ) ( Kopitar is awesome )

3. Blackhawks ( yet they disappoint every year )

4. Lightning ( Vinny )

5. Sharks ( I love what they're doing there )

Least Favorite

1. Leafs

2. Bruins

3. Ducks

4. Red Wings

5. Flyers

Favs:

1. Habs

2. Atlanta (Always liked them for some reason.)

3. Edmonton (Ryan Smyth)

4. Washington (Zednik)

5. Rangers (Shanahan - Nylander - Jagr)

Least Fav:

1. Boston

2. Leafs

3. LA (Cloutier)

4. Carolina

5. Buffalo

Favourite Teams:

1. Vancouver Canucks - well where do I start?

Ah I love the city check

I love the people there check

mountains check

the girls check

oh wait this is about hockey oops my bad

They're just a quirky bunch for years growing up I thought a Canuck was a skate.

Really they should just rename themselves the Orcas since they've got one on there jersey.

I like the team.

Who cares if we're band wagoners lol come to saint louis.

sky train

the glass buildings

2. Montreal Canadiens

The french language is a lovely language

Montreal girls

Old Montreal

historic

political

the jerseys

the history

mystique

snow

3. Saint Louis Blues

not really a fan anymore they've gutted themselves the station they're on is a joke of a station put them back on KMOX. I feel sorry for them.

Teams I hate:

Garry Bettman

I root for all Canadian teams I wish every year for an all canadian final so Bettman can get booed. And I know deep down inside he hates Canada wants to see it gone.

Calgary Flames: see Ralph Klien, cowboy hats, wannabe americans and steven harper

Edmonton Oilers: see above plus add oil

Carolina Hurricanes: It should be the Hartford Whalers

Colorado Avalanche: They should still be the Quebec Nordiques

Phoenix Coyotes: They should still be the Winnipeg Jets

Florida Panthers: a joke

Atlanta Thrashers: she's the dirty girl on the street corner that the NHL keeps going back to. COME ON NHL WE'VE GONE THROUGH THIS BEFORE ATLANTA IS NOT A SPORTS TOWN!!!!

2) Vancouver Canucks: Nearly as bad as Toronto, I hate Canuck fans because they're a bunch of bandwagoners and think they're the best thing since sliced bread, yet they haven't even won a Cup. Also, most BCers are combo Leafs/Nucks fans. The only time I'd ever cheer for the Canucks is if by some twist of fate they happened to play Toronto in the SCF. :puke: Also, their captain is Swedish. :P

What a pathetic excuse man. Seriously. The bandwagoners need something to be happy about. In the end fairie, any 10 year old kid can rile you up so I'm not surprised...

Top 5 favs:

1. Vancouver Canucks

2. Colorado Avalanche

3. Nashville Predators

4. Montreal Canadiens

5. Anaheim Ducks

Least Favs:

1: Toronto...(one of my best friend's a Leafer :lol: )

2: Calgary.... :rolleyes:

Err hmmm ..... excuse me but....

WHAT THE F%U$@!!!!

and the habs where are they in your top 10?

hahaha. :lol: Nobody said they weren't in my top 10. (They're probably #7 if I had to estimate.) I've never had any reason to root for them. Thanks for Roy though!!!

Not to mention, I never hate on the habs and I stick mostly to the HWL forums. There are just other teams I like more. GO AVS!!!!! :clap:

You would think people would have lowered expectations when my HWL team is the Leafs and my avatar is the Leafs logo. hahaha.

B) :P

And just for fun:

:hlogo:

Note the signature.

What a pathetic excuse man. Seriously. The bandwagoners need something to be happy about. In the end fairie, any 10 year old kid can rile you up so I'm not surprised...

Yeah, yeah, whatever. There are many other reasons, but I didn't feel like writing a book on how much I hate Toronto and Vancouver.

LOVE

1- Montreal

2- Buffalo (liked them when they were young up-and-comers, wished more teams would follow their building scheme)

3- Nashville (since they were created, nice logo, jersey, tenacious attitude, etc.)

4- Pittsburgh (Mario, Crosby, Fleury, refusing to play defensively in an era where everyone wanted to imitate NJ)

5- Los Angeles (always had a soft spot for them, still the ultimate West Coast team for me)

HATE

1- Toronto (bad city, bad fans, bad medias yet nothing to brag about. Too easy to hate)

2- Boston (rivalry baby)

3- Anaheim (stupid franchise that should have never existed in the first place)

4- Carolina (same as Anaheim, and they beat us twice in recent playoffs)

5- Florida (fold them already)

1. Montreal - ever since the Rocket...

2. Ottawa - I would hate to see them become the Buffalo Bills of hockey

3. Toronto - I have no antipathy for this team, none at all...

4. Vancouver - Why not?

5. Calgary/Edmonton - either of these is fine... mostly Calgary... they came soooo.... close...

30. New Jersey - May they never see the silver again (except from a great distance)

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

1. Montreal Canadiens.

No explaination needed.

2. Detroit Red Wings.

Sergei Fedorov and Vladimir Kostantinov. When they faced the Flyers in the finals a couple of years ago the Red Wings played amazing hockey.

3. Chicago Blackhawks.

Don't know why but I like when the original six teams does well except for the Bruins and the Maple Leafs.

4. New York Rangers.

Maybe I would have liked them if they had played in the west?

5. Philadelphia Flyers.

I could be wrong but to me it seems like the Flyers fans know their hockey. I get the feeling Flyers fan are just like Habs fans in a way. The always demands a lot from the team. Or have I got it all wrong?

Fav Teams:

1.) Montreal Canadiens

2.) Los Angeles Kings (Oh '93, I can never forget you)

3.) Pittsburgh Penguins (Oh Mario, I can never forget you)

4.) Buffalo Sabres (Oh Old school Hasek and Lafontaine, I can never forget you)

5.) Edmonton Oilers (Oh Western-Canadian-Team-Not-Called-Canucks-Or-Flames, I can never forget you)

Least Fav teams:

1.) Toronto Maple Leafs (Oh Laffs, I can never forget you)

2.) Philadelphia Flyers (Oh Leclair, Desjardins, Recchi, I can never forget you)

3.) Boston Bruins (Oh Winnie the Pooh, I can never forget you, no matter how hard I try. And boy, do I try)

Edited by TheAussiePosse

WHAT?! How can you hate Vancouver? :huh:

What did it do to you to make you so anti Vancouverite?

:(

He just doesn't have a life. He lets little kids get the best of him. ;)