Habs Sign Brisebois

InsaneHABSfan

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well somebody has to be the naysayer.

I'm just happy in a month I can finally follow hockey for the first in eons.

but what does that have to do with saying "the end is near" in a Brisebois signing thread?

I only read the first page of this thread and its pretty 'the end is near'

And from all that time you spent reading the first page, you came up with the end is near?

RATS! And I just reached the end of the internet today, the end is near..... :blink::blink::unsure:

A little correction to our collective amnesia...

We're sliding into a memory of Brisebois being booed out of Montreal on a rail. Carbonneau seems to remember it that way, too.

His departure was actually quite quiet, and not just because it was lost in the calamity of the lockout; Breezer was barely booed (if at all) during his last season in Montreal. This wasn't because he was playing better - he was playing better because he wasn't being booed. He quietly had a good season (not 4.5 good, but good) and then quietly left. The booing fireworks, the heart murmurs and the trip to Paris had become a thing of the past after training camp in September 2003. Even Jack Todd was saying nice things about his play in 03-04. Certainly the booing nonsense hung over his move to Denver, "as far from Montreal as possible", but this was no Patrick Roy - Ron Corey moment.

A little correction to our collective amnesia...

We're sliding into a memory of Brisebois being booed out of Montreal on a rail. Carbonneau seems to remember it that way, too.

His departure was actually quite quiet, and not just because it was lost in the calamity of the lockout; Breezer was barely booed (if at all) during his last season in Montreal. This wasn't because he was playing better - he was playing better because he wasn't being booed. He quietly had a good season (not 4.5 good, but good) and then quietly left. The booing fireworks, the heart murmurs and the trip to Paris had become a thing of the past after training camp in September 2003. Even Jack Todd was saying nice things about his play in 03-04. Certainly the booing nonsense hung over his move to Denver, "as far from Montreal as possible", but this was no Patrick Roy - Ron Corey moment.

Well put, He was no top pair defenceman, but was being paid as one. That was the problem as I see it. Sort of a Kovalev situation. Hard to justify over 4mill for someone who doesn't contribute nght in night out. The Breezer is a great veteran to bring back to pair with O'Byrne as 5th,6th. It would give him some coverage for his rookie mistakes, which everyone makes.

That's just crazy - Brisebois w. O'Byrne! O'Byrne would probably be rushing around trying to cover for Brisebois, not vice versa.

Besides its just so speculative to think that O'Byrne will even make the team

LaPresse is reporting this morning that Brisebois is pretty much guaranteed to be a habs either today or the next couple days. They are just working out some small details.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70312258

Edited by Mr. Nasty

LaPresse is reporting this morning that Brisebois is pretty much guaranteed to be a habs either today or the next couple days. They are just working out some small details.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70312258

could work well, I think one has to reserve judgement until the trade of low pair d-man(men?) that must follow.

Yes, i think the writing is on the wall for a few vet Dmen. I also think BG and Carbo saw last year a team that couldn't move the puck if there life depended on it. Brisbois at a minimum salary for 1 year as a 5 6 spare Dman may be an upgrade over Bouillon and Dandy, Only time will tell.

Markov Komi

Hamrlk O'byrne

Streit Dandy Brisby

Bouillon out to pasture. Doesn't leave any room for Gorges either.

Argh...O'Byrne WILL NOT be a top 4 pairing d-man IF he makes the team...which I highly doubt he'll do.

O'Byrne will likely be a late season call-up or get called up if their is an injury.

Jebus...you guys need to put down the rose coloured prospect glasses for at least half of your day.

I really don't mind this move that much. He's clearly not going to be playing big minutes, he's experienced, and they'll be limited pressure based on expectations. Pressure from Montreal fans, that's another story. Still though, he wouldn't be coming if he didn't want to.

Zowped, i agree about letting the prodpects play and being over rated. However, my point is we have already how bad the D is. The vets are simply put, pathetic. So you might as well see what the youth can do. If they fail, it's no different then watching the D this team has thrown out there the last 5 years.

It is way too long for a signing, the habs wait the longer they can hoping to sign Selanne.

Brisebois is like the plan D Samsonov last year.

They make believe it is close but it is not Don Meehan and neither Carbonneau that has the last

word on signings and spending.

If we are able to get Selanne forget Brisebois because Kovalev will be on the market.

I wouln't mind Kovalev + Halak for Zubov, who is aging and cost a lot but that can bring something

we lack of.

So the whole Brisebois thing would just have been a wind breeze on the summer,

a kind of breeze that bring bad smell with it.

These two moves would make us stronger a lot stronger then Plan D Brisebois.

Komo-Markov

Hamrlik-Zubov

Streit- Dandenault

Lahti-Koivu-Selanne

Higgins-Plek-Kots

Latendresse-Smolinski-Ryder

Bégin-Lapierre-Kosto

Komo-Markov

Hamrlik-Zubov

Streit- Dandenault

Lahti-Koivu-Selanne

Higgins-Plek-Kots

Latendresse-Smolinski-Ryder

Bégin-Lapierre-Kosto

Our leading scorer gets dumped to the third line while someone who has never even played in the NHL gets 1st line duty? :wacko::lol:

I would love to dump Kovalev but no chance Teemu is coming here.

Patrice is officially back:

RDS

TSN

I think it's a good move, though I am interested in the price tag...

Welcome home boy! And Good Luck!

Edited by The Saint