Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Why is there 'no chance' of Brière signing with us?

Or Datsyuk, or anyone else for that matter?

I wouldn't waste my time signing wingers - we've got lots of those - and Zubrus would be a signing of last resort for 2nd line C. This team cannot afford to approach another season without a bona-fide #1A centreman, which means that we HAVE TO go after Gomez, or Briere, or Datsyuk with every last resource at our disposal. All are relatively young and could be signed to long term deals without hesitation. So: make room under the cap by losing players like Bonk and Johnson as UFAs, dump bums like Aebsicher for 10th-round picks or -failing that - send them to Hamilton, etc.. Do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get one of these three. The future depends on it.

The Habs don't have a problem with Abby, he's also unrestricted. Simply put, if Gainey wants one of these C's for the team (I'd prefer Gomez) he's going to have to be very aggressive. I'm all for it. The Habs truly need a #1 C. Take some pressure off Koivu, who I think would flourish in a #2 role.

Datsuyk or Brière would be a really great addition, because I far as I can see, we have no future #1A center in the organisation... But have enough promising wingers...

Then take Datsuyk off the table because we don't need another damn primadonna european. Drive a truckload of cash up to Brieres house (even tho I can't stand the whiny little runt) and we will finally have the damn franchise player we have lacked for 10 or so years.

Him and a solid defender the likes of Markov and we will be ready for next season with Huet in net and Halak backing him. Even pick up a good fighter (downey isn't a fighter he is a punching bag) and I would be laughing.

Then take Datsuyk off the table because we don't need another damn primadonna european. Drive a truckload of cash up to Brieres house (even tho I can't stand the whiny little runt) and we will finally have the damn franchise player we have lacked for 10 or so years.

Him and a solid defender the likes of Markov and we will be ready for next season with Huet in net and Halak backing him. Even pick up a good fighter (downey isn't a fighter he is a punching bag) and I would be laughing.

I dont think breire is going anywhere and gomez wont help much

Why is there 'no chance' of Brière signing with us?

Or Datsyuk, or anyone else for that matter?

I wouldn't waste my time signing wingers - we've got lots of those - and Zubrus would be a signing of last resort for 2nd line C. This team cannot afford to approach another season without a bona-fide #1A centreman, which means that we HAVE TO go after Gomez, or Briere, or Datsyuk with every last resource at our disposal. All are relatively young and could be signed to long term deals without hesitation. So: make room under the cap by losing players like Bonk and Johnson as UFAs, dump bums like Aebsicher for 10th-round picks or -failing that - send them to Hamilton, etc.. Do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get one of these three. The future depends on it.

I'm sure NHL'ers pay some attention to what goes on with the Montreal media and the Kovalev situation and they'd love to be thrown into that type of situation when/if they are playing poorly. :lol:

Trust in BOb. Maybe those 2 picks are to move up in the draft. Maybe he'll make a trade at the draft.

This is going to be interesting. If BOb can land Sam Gagner I'll be delighted.

I agree.

The extra pick was meant to do something with at the deadline but unfortunately didn't get anything done.

Lucky for us picks don't expire and now Bob can either move up in the draft, or maybe allow another team to move up and get a pending UFA in a sign and trade kind of deal (Briere, Drury, Gomez, Datslick or who ever)

The possibilities are endless at this point, but worst case scenario is that we end up with 2 first rounders to help.

Edited by Habitforming

I agree.

The extra pick was meant to do something with at the deadline but unfortunately didn't get anything done.

Lucky for us picks don't expire and now Bob can either move up in the draft, or maybe allow another team to move up and get a pending UFA in a sign and trade kind of deal (Briere, Drury, Gomez, Datslick or who ever)

The possibilities are endless at this point, but worst case scenario is that we end up with 2 first rounders to help.

To help what? Our team in 4 years? WHO rebuilds for 8+ freaking years?

He doesn't know what he is doing anymore then any other GM, he is just too scared to take a chance. And with that attitude prepare to be fighting for 8th for a long time. If Souray becomes our McCabe we will be done for a long time, and if he walks away for nothing I am gonna shake my head. LOSE/LOSE

Only way out is if Souray re-signs with us and then repeats his performance this season year in, year out.

Only way out is if Souray re-signs with us and then repeats his performance this season year in, year out.

which won't happen.

I really love his salpshot but he makes too many mistakes 5 on 5. doing the equation, it cost us more games than it should've.

To help what? Our team in 4 years? WHO rebuilds for 8+ freaking years?

He doesn't know what he is doing anymore then any other GM, he is just too scared to take a chance. And with that attitude prepare to be fighting for 8th for a long time. If Souray becomes our McCabe we will be done for a long time, and if he walks away for nothing I am gonna shake my head. LOSE/LOSE

I don't think this team is re-building still. Most teams aren't rebuilding and signing players like Johnson, Sammy etc. They go with youth right from the start. This team has replenished their depleted stock of youth and now have given them time to develop. Here on out is where it starts paying dividends... not when you draft them.

As for the picks...you still have to use them in one way or another...every team does... it isn't rebuilding to have to draft.

I don't think this team is re-building still. Most teams aren't rebuilding and signing players like Johnson, Sammy etc. They go with youth right from the start. This team has replenished their depleted stock of youth and now have given them time to develop. Here on out is where it starts paying dividends... not when you draft them.

As for the picks...you still have to use them in one way or another...every team does... it isn't rebuilding to have to draft.

Don't waste your breath. He believes and has his opinions which he won't change regardless of how correct you may be.

I've already taken 2 vacations from HW as a result. I've resigned myself to believe anything posted as contradictive.

Talk about devil's advocate. Like clockwork it is

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Don't waste your breath. He believes and has his opinions which he won't change regardless of how correct you may be.

I've already taken 2 vacations from HW as a result. I've resigned myself to believe anything posted as contradictive.

LOL

I have taken a few "vacations" as well.

Some people's kids huh? :D

On another note.

Why would Doug Gibson be in Buffalo on saturday scouting the game?

Look if they aren't rebuilding why would they collect draft picks? They have a decent pool of prospects and they give up a veteren to get another young player and get 2 first round picks. Now either they will use the picks to make big moves in the off season or keep the picks and build up their prospect pool which is already rated at 5th best in the league. Doesn't make sense to me, if this team is rebuilt and we keep it the same for next season do you really expect anything to change? If you do get ready for another disapointment.

90% of what is posted on this site is opinion and rumor so how can you say "reguardless of how correct you may be" Athletique thinks he's talking about me but is really talking about himself.

I think you regularly take vacations away from reality aswell. :lol:

Souray shouldn't play 25 minutes or anywhere close to that. If he plays about 13 minutes plus powerplay time (under 20 overall), then he's effective enough. The longer he plays, the more prone to mental errors he becomes. If we resign him, it's based on offensive quality and not defensive.

Souray shouldn't play 25 minutes or anywhere close to that. If he plays about 13 minutes plus powerplay time (under 20 overall), then he's effective enough. The longer he plays, the more prone to mental errors he becomes. If we resign him, it's based on offensive quality and not defensive.

It's almost as if you stole that idea straight from A Concerned Fan's mouth! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if its worth anything since it was Ek but hes saying something about Datsyuk narrowing his choices down to Montreal, New York Rangers, or Washington this summer.... Im assuming thats if he doesnt resign with the RedWings.

:hlogo:

Unless Datsyuk has a great playoffs for the Wings I doubt they will try that hard to re sign him. I expect to see him in Washington if McPhee gets the OK from management to bring him in.

Dont know if its worth anything since it was Ek but hes saying something about Datsyuk narrowing his choices down to Montreal, New York Rangers, or Washington this summer.... Im assuming thats if he doesnt resign with the RedWings.

:hlogo:

Too bad. A Samsonov-Datsyuk-Kovalev line would have been interesting. It would be nice to bring in Datsyuk but there may be better options out there.

Too bad. A Samsonov-Datsyuk-Kovalev line would have been interesting. It would be nice to bring in Datsyuk but there may be better options out there.

please tell me you smoked before writing this ??

while kovalev as been playing for the last few games, his number still suck...samsonov biggest number apparently was his weight( the only number that rose from last year) and datsyuk is a complete ghost n playoff time and you want the three of them on the same line ??

please tell me you smoked before writing this ??

while kovalev as been playing for the last few games, his number still suck...samsonov biggest number apparently was his weight( the only number that rose from last year) and datsyuk is a complete ghost n playoff time and you want the three of them on the same line ??

i don't really want datsyuk either... he gives me the impression of an overtalented, underachieving prima donna... a sort of another yashin... we don't need that...

GO :hlogo: GO!