Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Hey, Eklund called the Smyth trade about half an hour before TSN did!

Did he do that on Sportsnet? I didn't see it.

All I saw was the 'Smythe resigns - E5' on Hockeybuzz... and it brought to mind his appearance on another board recently where he was defending his credibility, saying "show me an E5 that never happened. There isn't any." If there wasn't before, there is now.

Did he do that on Sportsnet? I didn't see it.

All I saw was the 'Smythe resigns - E5' on Hockeybuzz... and it brought to mind his appearance on another board recently where he was defending his credibility, saying "show me an E5 that never happened. There isn't any." If there wasn't before, there is now.

Yes, on Sportsnet. He didn't exactly call Smyth but he said the Islanders were involved in a blockbuster and then the panel was surpsied and then their only 2 bigname players (Yashina and DiPietro) have NTC so they didn't know who could be involved. It was a while after that anyone else picked up the story.

Gainey had to either pick up help or dump Souray. He did neither. If you ask me that is all you need to look at to evaluate his performance. Souray had to be signed or traded if he was not going to bring in any other help. I can't believe that canadiens couldn't put together a similar deal then the Isles did for Ryan Smith or the Sharks did for Guerin.

The waiver pickup was also a joke.

When you're on a rebuilding path, for sure you wanna trade away your youth!! This year wasnt the year we were supposed to win the cup. We're on our way, but patience is everything....

Ryan Smyth ( its with YYYYYYY not an I) we probably had to give up guys like Lapierre and Andrei Kostitsyn and a first pick. Thats to much. And when Smyth leaves after this year. You got nothing!!

The more I think about it, the more I think Gainey made the right choice. With Souray we still can make the playoffs (ok we lost to the NYR, but Toronto and Carolina also lost yerterday). Significant help would have cost alot (prospects and/or picks), without any chance of going deep in the playoffs.

When you're on a rebuilding path, for sure you wanna trade away your youth!! This year wasnt the year we were supposed to win the cup. We're on our way, but patience is everything....

Ryan Smyth ( its with YYYYYYY not an I) we probably had to give up guys like Lapierre and Andrei Kostitsyn and a first pick. Thats to much. And when Smyth leaves after this year. You got nothing!!

I believed this also but if it was true we would have dealt Souray for a high end prospect (or young player with high potential and only in his second or so season) and a pick but now I think it is just BS. Souray is gonna walk or we will over pay, either way we didn't strike when we should have.

This season is lost, our goaltending is so poor we need at least 4 goals a game to keep up and our offense is sad at best.

How were all the talks today? I guess you were in communication with all 29 of the other GM's and knew all the asking prices for the available players. I spose you've spoken with Souray as well and know for 100% sure that he's gone too. I nominate you as next Habs GM. Or, barring that, perhaps you can open a site called HockeyBuzz2.com and keep everyone informed on all your knowledge. May I suggest a ratings system based, perhaps, on the letter 's'?

Souray to Ducks (s4)

:P

Oh thanks, yeah I suppose they asked the sky the moon and universe from Gainey, meanwhile the Blues got 3 high draft choices and a mediocre player for a hasbeen like Thachuck. However Im sure Gainey would have been forced to give up Carey Price Kotsi Plekanek and higgins for the same draft choices???? Guerin a near 40 years old player was able to garner very close but Im sure Gainey would have had to give up the farm to get the same players??? As for Souray, we can always sign him for 5 million a year and also sign markov for 5 million a year and sign Bonk for 3 million a year and Johnson for 2.5 million a year????? As for your sarcasm a bozo like you should open a site called sarcastic bozo.com :angry:

Edited by Strummerman

As for your sarcasm a bozo like you shoud open a site called sarcastic bozo.com :angry:

:o:blink::unsure:

Burn of the year? :P;):lol:

Oh thanks, yeah I suppose they asked the sky the moon and universe from Gainey, meanwhile the Blues got 3 high draft choices and a mediocre player for a hasbeen like Thachuck. However Im sure Gainey would have been forced to give up Carey Price Kotsi Plekanek and higgins for the same draft choices???? Guerin a near 40 years old player was able to garner very close but Im sure Gainey would have had to give up the farm to get the same players??? As for Souray, we can always sign him for 5 million a year and also sign markov for 5 million a year and sign Bonk for 3 million a year and Johnson for 2.5 million a year????? As for your sarcasm a bozo like you should open a site called sarcastic bozo.com :angry:

I thought you might enjoy this site

bozo.com

cheers !!

New rumor: Dainus Zubrus (who was just traded from Was to Buf) will be UFA this summer. He said he'd consider seriously signing with Montreal. He said his wife (who is from quebec) would be very happy to come back in Quebec. Zubrus also told the CP that he was told that the Canadiens inquired about him to the Caps GM a few days before the deadline...

Will Gainey try to land Zubrus? I guess he'd make a good second line center.

He's 6'4" and 226 pounds...

The only problem is that he lacks consistency...

He's not a Datsyuk or Brière, but we need a plan B (or C)...

New rumor: Dainus Zubrus (who was just traded from Was to Buf) will be UFA this summer. He said he'd consider seriously signing with Montreal. He said his wife (who is from quebec) would be very happy to come back in Quebec. Zubrus also told the CP that he was told that the Canadiens inquired about him to the Caps GM a few days before the deadline...

Will Gainey try to land Zubrus? I guess he'd make a good second line center.

He's 6'4" and 226 pounds...

The only problem is that he lacks consistency...

He's not a Datsyuk or Brière, but we need a plan B (or C)...

is he better than ribeiro? everything considered? I'm not sure.

if we are to pay, we need something better than ribeiro.

is he better than ribeiro? everything considered? I'm not sure.

I'm inclined to think that he is better than Ribs. I've seen only 3 Caps games this year but I must say Zubrus impressed me. He plays with confidence, and has the will to put the puck in the net. I touht he was making is points because of Ovechkin, but in the few games I've watched, I've seen him create his own opportunities.

He's also quite bigger than ribs, and seems to have finaly learned to use that huge frame the North American way...

But he seeks a long-term (5 years) contract... so I hope we'll scout him very seriously if we're to sign him this summer.

suitable top lines centers

Brière

Drury

Handzus

Datsyuk

Sykora

Gomez

Lang

Nylander

Comrie (?)

Zubrus (??)

Brière or Datsyuk are the only two I'd like to see with the Habs as 1st line centres. :clap:

suitable top lines centers

Brière

Drury

Handzus

Datsyuk

Sykora

Gomez

Lang

Nylander

Comrie (?)

Zubrus (??)

Pretty sad that they've got no chance at any of these guys. :(

Brière or Datsyuk are the only two I'd like to see with the Habs as 1st line centres. :clap:

Those two and Gomez for me.

:hlogo:

New rumor: Eklund says that Montreal tried to land Ryan Smyth and to move Souray to Anaheim in the last few hours of the trade deadline day.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=6019

It's Eklund so it's just rumors, but I'm inclined to think that Gainey was more active on feb 27 than what the media speculated.

New rumor: Eklund says that Montreal tried to land Ryan Smyth and to move Souray to Anaheim in the last few hours of the trade deadline day.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=6019

It's Eklund so it's just rumors, but I'm inclined to think that Gainey was more active on feb 27 than what the media speculated.

Lately im talking what Eklund says as a grain of salt...like everyone else...

I do see Gainey being active when free agency starts. im watching colorado and detroit and man is Datsyuk somethin else, his passes and dekes leave me in awe. i hope we can land this guy to play with kovalev

Those two and Gomez for me.

:hlogo:

gomez would be welcomed with open hands in montreal. we really need a center that can take pressure out of koivu

Why is there 'no chance' of Brière signing with us?

Or Datsyuk, or anyone else for that matter?

I wouldn't waste my time signing wingers - we've got lots of those - and Zubrus would be a signing of last resort for 2nd line C. This team cannot afford to approach another season without a bona-fide #1A centreman, which means that we HAVE TO go after Gomez, or Briere, or Datsyuk with every last resource at our disposal. All are relatively young and could be signed to long term deals without hesitation. So: make room under the cap by losing players like Bonk and Johnson as UFAs, dump bums like Aebsicher for 10th-round picks or -failing that - send them to Hamilton, etc.. Do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get one of these three. The future depends on it.

I wouldn't waste my time signing wingers - we've got lots of those - and Zubrus would be a signing of last resort for 2nd line C. This team cannot afford to approach another season without a bona-fide #1A centreman, which means that we HAVE TO go after Gomez, or Briere, or Datsyuk with every last resource at our disposal.

Datsuyk or Brière would be a really great addition, because I far as I can see, we have no future #1A center in the organisation... But have enough promising wingers...