Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Datsyuk is an amazing player and a pure goal scorer but you guys are correct the Canadiens do not need him. He does not like the physical game and when the playoffs come he has been less than par pretty much every game.

please tell me you smoked before writing this ??

while kovalev as been playing for the last few games, his number still suck...samsonov biggest number apparently was his weight( the only number that rose from last year) and datsyuk is a complete ghost n playoff time and you want the three of them on the same line ??

Before this season, of course. Samsonov has no future in Montreal. But at the start of the season we had high hopes for a Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev line. Datsyuk is a huge upgrade over Ribeiro and it also makes it an all-Russian line. Woulda been nice to what 3 extremely talented offensive players could do together (past tense because Sammy is gone.)

where would you fit a guy like samsonov ?? kovalev is already on the"4th" line. kids like kostitsyn and latendresse showed that they deserve the ice time. also, streit will become a full time 3rd liner next year.

also, I don't think that gainey reaaly wants to sign another russian player especially long term.

where would you fit a guy like samsonov ?? kovalev is already on the"4th" line. kids like kostitsyn and latendresse showed that they deserve the ice time. also, streit will become a full time 3rd liner next year.

also, I don't think that gainey reaaly wants to sign another russian player especially long term.

gosh... i hope that streit goes back on defense... i hope his stint as a forward was only part of a band-aid thing for this year...

there are too many young guys ready to take the position that he's filling in now...

GO :hlogo: GO!

gosh... i hope that streit goes back on defense... i hope his stint as a forward was only part of a band-aid thing for this year...

there are too many young guys ready to take the position that he's filling in now...

GO :hlogo: GO!

who ??

Id rather see vets on a 3rd line. guys like bonk or jonhson. I don't see lapierre in that role for now.

besides I think that streit is a better foward than a Dman

who ??

Id rather see vets on a 3rd line. guys like bonk or jonhson. I don't see lapierre in that role for now.

besides I think that streit is a better foward than a Dman

Streit is a great puck moving player. That's why he is good on the cycle. But he still plays the point on the PP. He just isn't physical enough to play d in montreal.

You're not listening. I said before the season. Right now, it obviously won't work. But for the season that's ending right now it wuold have been interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Peca isn't the answer, even for the third line. He's been an average player at best since his first major knee injury. Can't imagine how much slower he'll be coming off of this latest major injury.

Last thing I want is the Habs signing defensive players. I hope next year the habs have little or no defense first players and play a more aggressive style with more focus on offence.

Just read an interview that Eric Engels did with Muller and apparently Captian Kirk said that he heard Schnieder wanted to come back to the Habs.

:hlogo:

Just read an interview that Eric Engels did with Muller and apparently Captian Kirk said that he heard Schnieder wanted to come back to the Habs.

:hlogo:

of course he does !!, every finished players want to come to MTL, they feel like they're retired already.

however, I'd take schneider over Dandenault

Patrick Roy said it would be a big mistake for the Habs not to get Esposito if he is there at #12. Apparently Roy thinks he'll be a very good NHLer. For whatever that is worth.

we need a more physical player than esposito. I'm not doubting his talent, but we've got those kind of players already. We need a bigger, more physical, offensive styled guy, not smallish non physical offense. Our team's not physical enough as it is.

p.s. I wouldn't mind Schneider if we couldn't get other D we'd rather have. He's better than a lot of the guys we do have (dandy, bouillon) and despite his age, he's still a good player and hard worker, and LOADS of experience, plus I think he'd be a good role model to the younger players in terms of work ethic.

Edited by ShortHanded

Patrick Roy said it would be a big mistake for the Habs not to get Esposito if he is there at #12. Apparently Roy thinks he'll be a very good NHLer. For whatever that is worth.

patrick roy should shut up. if he wants to tell his opinion on everything regarding the habs, let him come to mtl. if he wants to be the king in QC city, good for him. but shut up.

patrick roy should shut up. if he wants to tell his opinion on everything regarding the habs, let him come to mtl. if he wants to be the king in QC city, good for him. but shut up.

I'm sensing what i feel is the slightest bit of anger here..... :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Edited by beliveau1

I'm sensing what i feel is the slightest bit of anger here..... :lol::rolleyes::lol:

hehe

it's not anger. I just feel that whenever a member of montreal goes to the john, Roy has an opinion on it.

I understand that jurnalist ask the questions but I don't think that roy tries really hard to avoid them.