Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

That's from Eklund and I don't know anything about Shannon or Huskins. Sounds like we could get lot more of that.

That would be a disaster. Good thing it won't happen. As fast as Ekland posted that rumour, he stepped away from it. Here is the latest from him:

As of late tonight (I guess it is actually morning at this point) I am hearing that the Ducks are looking elsewhere and the Sharks and Oilers are the teams now to look to when it comes to Sheldon Souray.

Ek later stated that Souray to the Ducks was unlikely. He mentioned EDM and the Sharks as possibilities.

Jinx, buy me a coke! :lol:

Ok I heard something about Souray for Bobby Ryan a couple of weeks ago...Whoever said that rumour, PLEASE LET IT COME TRUE! Last night I was watching the buffalo/sens game, and it was first intermission, so I decided to switch to the London/Owen Sound Attack game, and I had never seen this Bobby Ryan guy play until yesterday because I never watch OHL. WOW, the guy scored a HIGHLIGHT reel goal. The guy literally went end to end, dismantled the entire London Knights PP, and scored while being tripped on his backhand...My mouth dropped...If this trade can be done, and I was BG, i would have Souray on the next flight to Anaheim.

Man BG needs to nmove some people, look at what the flers are getting for there players. Tkachuk to Atlanta for 3 picks?

Bg can move Ryder, Rivet, Souray, Ninimaa, Bonk, Koivu if he says it's ok. Look at the picks and youth they can get for these guys.

The team isn't going anywhere, this crew never has.

Man BG needs to nmove some people, look at what the flers are getting for there players. Tkachuk to Atlanta for 3 picks?

Bg can move Ryder, Rivet, Souray, Ninimaa, Bonk, Koivu if he says it's ok. Look at the picks and youth they can get for these guys.

I don't think Bob's going to blow up the entire team...

And don't even think about moving Koivu!

Why not, since they are doing so well? Since when is fighting for the 8th seed every year something good? No disrespect intended but i think he will make several moves to make the team younger.

Like i mentioned before, i have NO idea why this team makes people feel confident they'll 1 make the playoffs and 2 be better with the same players. It hasn'r happened in years.

If Bob intends to trade any of the D he now has more strength than he did 2 days ago. Rivet's stock has (indirectly) risen based on the Brewer signing and Zhitnik being moved. For the exception of the Aucoin rumours the trade deadline defence availabilty list is shrinking. Rob Blake is not leaving the Kings either.

How much Rivet's stock goes up as a result is anyones guess. Probably not too much. I'm not suggesting that Bob is going to trade Rivet nor do I endorse it. I'm simply saying that Rivet and even Niinimaa for that matter might look more attractive now to a desperate GM on tuesday.

I imagine Bob's phone is ringing. Probably for Souray mostly. I doubt we dump Souray unless a GM is willing to give us ridiculous returns.

Oh how I wonder what is going to happens in the next 2 days with us. Maybe nothing at all?

Remember how Washington and NYRags were sellers 2-3 seasons ago? Everyone went for 1st rounders and prospects...

Look at NYR and Wash now...

HOW DID SELLING HELPED THEM?

look what being a seller brought to Washington :mellow:

bondra, lang, oates, GONE

IN :

Laich, Fleischmann, Maxime Ouellet , etc ... no impact player there...

Wash's problem was in some bad decision making... but they didn't need to restart from scratch... and when they decided to start from scratch, they got prospect whom other teams decided they could live without....

I'm not saying we shouldn't be trading... just that being a seller isn't so great.

"IF" we do plan on selling better do it soon or the teams looking will have filled all their holes.....There are only so many teams trying to load up, and only so many spots to fill. And with all this early activity it might be a quiet deadline.... for us anyways.

Remember how Washington and NYRags were sellers 2-3 seasons ago? Everyone went for 1st rounders and prospects...

look what being a seller brought to Washington :mellow:

bondra, lang, oates, GONE

IN :

Laich, Fleischmann, Maxime Ouellet , etc ... no impact player there...

Wash's problem was in some bad decision making... but they didn't need to restart from scratch... and when they decided to start from scratch, they got prospect whom other teams decided they could live without....

I'm not saying we shouldn't be trading... just that being a seller isn't so great.

Nicely put! :clap:

That's from Eklund and I don't know anything about Shannon or Huskins. Sounds like we could get lot more of that.

Huskins was recalled from the AHL today.

Could be coincidence or it could be for another player. We will find out soon.

With Anaheim acquiring the 1st rounder they are likely up to something.

Huskins was recalled from the AHL today.

Could be coincidence or it could be for another player. We will find out soon.

With Anaheim acquiring the 1st rounder they are likely up to something.

Yeah thats for sure the 1st rounder they acquired will be gone by Tuesday.

washington and the rangers looked at a long term plan. 2-3 years isn't long enough to judge.

some of their draft picks won't come out before next season.

My dad heard a rumour (don't know where) about Saku moving to Minnesota for P.M. Bouchard. WTF, our captain !!!???

My dad doesn't really follow the hockey, but he will not start any rumor...

Did anyone heard about it too??? Is this a thrash CKAC or 110% talk?

Actually 13# has never been worn in an NHL regular season or playoff game for the HABS.

This is false.

Bill Boucher wore #13 in 1922-23. :)

--------------------------

*Source: The Montreal Canadiens - A Hockey Dynasty

written by Claude Mouton 1980

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Feb 26 2007, 12:08 AM) 190178[/snapback]

This is false.

Bill Boucher wore #13 in 1922-23. :)

--------------------------

*Source: The Montreal Canadiens - A Hockey Dynasty

written by Claude Mouton 1980

Hmm. Habs site doesn't has him down as #5.

Brian Berard apparently available for not too much...

That'd be a guy I'd get... (yeah, well maybe only in the summer)

he can't be worse defensively than Souray and is MUCH better on the creative side of the offense... Doesn't have Souray's cannon... but is a passing warlock.

Now that we get 2 first rounders, do you think 1 will be included in a package at the trade deadline? I hope not, well, if it's not for a superstar...

Edited by JoeLassister