Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Read this one on Ekland.

Ducks are today really big players and trying to deal for Souray. The deal I am hearing is Bobby Ryan, a prospect, and a pick.

Don't know why we need another right winger. Maybe for the future, but it seems we are thick on the right wing. Doesn't make much sense to me. The Sharkes trade seems a lot better ... for either a center or a D.

Dont know why they need another Dman... maybe they'll play Sheldon at LW, where he belongs!! :lol:

http://hockey-leaks.blogspot.com/

"I am hearing this morning that two teams (Anaheim and Minnesota) are really trying hard to pick up Saku Koivu. Anaheim's Burke is refusing to make a deal for a rental currently because the price is too high, but would deal some of his young prospects if he could get his hands on Koivu. Minnesota is in a very similar position, and would like to re-unite the Koivu brothers as members of the Wild. While Montreal is doubtful to move Koivu, I can confirm they are getting pressured pretty hard by these two teams.

Speaking of Montreal, Souray is looking like a lock to move. San Jose leads the race, while Edmonton is in this as well. Anaheim is another team who is starting to ask questions (I wonder what Montreal could get for both Koivu and Souray?)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selanne in Anaheim, Mikko Koivu in Minnesota. Everyone knows the damage Saku and Teemu can do together, and brothers can read eachother better than almost anyone.

Is this just a rumour? Would you do it?

I'd rather get Mikko on our team. Saku is a proven leader, while Mikko is as yet unproven. So, I'd say Mikko would be worth less on the open market than Saku.

Send Mikko over.

Also, since they are both centers I doubt they would spend much time on the same line.

I would keep Koivu. He is overpaid, but trading him is crossing the line

On the other hand I would definitley dump Souray. As good as he is offensively, he's too bad defensively, especially for playoff hockey. MOntreal has guys who can pick it up on the powerplay, Markov, Streit, etc., and the return he would bring would be very valuable

Koivu will not be traded that would be insanity. I think I woulc honestly cry if it happened. On the Souray note there have been so many rumours which pushes me to believe he will not be traded at all. I still believe he will sign in Montreal he loves this city and he knows that Gainey will offer him a nice contract.

If they ever trade Koivu, it means that the habs are looking for a fresh new start and preparing for next year, I would do it, it's not like we're gonna win the cup.

We can have a fresh start without dumping Koivu. It's not like he is old, slow, or dragging the team down. He is the identity of the team....an identity that should be respected. He just needs a number 1 or 1A center and we are set....it is just that simple

I think that's still an awful lot for a team to pay for Souray. Ryan was a #2 overall pick and was ranked ahead of Latendresse, by everyone(including the Habs) in the same draft year. They play a very similar style of game...

Ask yourself: would you trade Latendresse, Perezhogin AND a pick(I'll say 3rd rounder to pick a middle tier) for 2 months of a player like Bryan McCabe?? Same deal as this rumour...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a top 2 line with Latendresse on our LW and Ryan on our RW...that line would grind other teams into mush.

Also, I think that this is a better deal then the Carle deal from SJ...I think you HAVE to take the best offer available. Acquire the best assets you can and fill the holes through free agency and other trades.

Edited by Zowpeb

New "rumor" : Yesterday on Radio-Canada, Stéphane Richer said : "I know that Bob Gauney talked with Markov's and Rivet's agents, and that both players want to re-sign in Montreal. Markov and Rivet want to stay in Montreal".

Add that Gainey said in his press conf yesterday that he won't be able to resign all his UFA this summer, and you know who's the odd man out (in addition of Niinimaa!)... my guess is that Sheldon will be traded if BG has what he wants : player that can help the team now and in the future. Had we lost the last three games, he would be already gone...

Why would they resign Rivet, because he wants to stay in Montreal. His lack of speed, physical play, ability to win a battle is hurting the team. There is no reason to resign him.

Please don't tell me about his leadership. What has he led the team to, he was scratched and left. That sums it up for me.

Shouldn't this go in the permanent rumor thread?

"Post all Habs related rumors from other sites (like Eklund) in this thread.

Any new threads started based on crappy sites will be merged with this one."

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?showtopic=7877&hl=

Indeed.

Rumors, especially silly ones such as this one, belong in that thread.

...Trading Koivu... hah. :lol:

Why would they resign Rivet, because he wants to stay in Montreal. His lack of speed, physical play, ability to win a battle is hurting the team. There is no reason to resign him.

Sounds like the same qualities in Souray.........except for his shot on the PP. He's pretty much the same type of player

Stephane Richer didn't say that BG should or wants to re-sign Marky and Rivet. He only said that their agents told BG that they want to stay in mtl... Souray won't stay. We can't sign both him and Markov.

If we lose Souray and Niinimaa and Rivet, we then have only 5 NHL-level defensemen : do we have 2 NHL-ready d-men in Hamilton? I mean 2 d-men that are equal to Souray and Rivet? Of course no. The team is supposed to improve during the summer... Will we be able to sign (at reasonnable price) a better D than Rivet (he's not good, but he's not that bad)?

Since when is Richer connected? Once a moron, always a moron, I say.

The Habs MUST TRADE SOURAY (much as I love the guy) in order to strengthen this team for a Cup run in 2-3 years. Ideally, they'd get back a stud young defenceman, OR a potential #1 or #1A centreman, OR a goal scorer with size. San Jose has the first and third of these (Carle and Bernier), Minny the second (Bouchard), which is why I find those rumours heartening.

And remember, Koivu is 33. He has at most two years left. Indeed, unless we get another C to spell him off, we'll only hasten his decline by burning him out.

The point is not to 'make the playoffs now.' It's to WIN BRING THE CUP BACK WHERE IT BELONGS. Trades must be made, and only our better young players should be considered anything like untouchable.