Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Well in reality the Habs DO need toughness. I'm not saying Lappiere is the answer. Young players will play, but the Habs are 1 of the softest teams in the league. I think 3 players from Anahiem have more fights then the Habs total.

I hope a SJ deal goes down.

How does this deal sound:

Souray, Kovolov, Ryder for Marleau, Carle, Bernier and Malakov

or

Souray, Samsonov, Ryder for Marleau, Carle, Bernier and Malakov

By taking on Malakhov's salary we can make the salary swap work. (i think Malakov is in last year - otherwise this would be a bad move).

SJ addresses their powerplay with Souray, by either taking Kovolov (good playoff preformer) or Samsonov (has good chemistry with Thornton - who Marleau is playing with now) and get guys with a history of playoff success (other then Ryder)

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I don't want to rain on your parade but this isn't EA sports. The Habs are STUCK with Kovalev and Samsonov for the remaining contracts. Know onw will touch them. #.5 mill for 8 goals. 4.5 for 13 goals it isn't happening.

More like Pleks and Souray for Carle and Pavelski.

technically incorrect since George Armstrong played after 1967, and they still didn't win.

i can't believe I'm actually engaging like this... i guess i am too fried from work.

It is technically correct that they havent won since Armstrong left. That fact is not changed just because he played 2 years after they won the cup.

Statement = Leafs have not won since they lost Armstrong. Leafs record since 1969 = 0 cups.

Look at the infamous "Curse of Bambino". Babe was sold to Yankees in 1920. Last Red Sox World Series (before 2004) was 1918.

i can't believe I'm actually engaging like this... i guess i am too fried from work.

It is technically correct that they havent won since Armstrong left. That fact is not changed just because he played 2 years after they won the cup.

Statement = Leafs have not won since they lost Armstrong. Leafs record since 1969 = 0 cups.

Look at the infamous "Curse of Bambino". Babe was sold to Yankees in 1920. Last Red Sox World Series (before 2004) was 1918.

That is incorrect in many ways- first the leafs have not won since 1967(I hope that was a typo)- Armstrong played up to 1971, if you find a leaf that was gone after 1967 you may have a case, second Armstrong was not traded by the Leafs, a better analogy would have been Frank Mahovlich, who was traded I do believe in 1969 and subsequently won the Cup in Montreal and Montreal kept on winning with his brother in the 70's. I think the curse is still in the numbers, the fact the Leafs did not retire any numbers of their dynasties and the fact Sundin wears 13(tongue in cheek)

I like the sounds of Carle for Souray if the Habs are to move him. And I believe Gainey would ask Ryan from the Ducks but we have all heard Burkes rant about how he will not pay that much for a rental.

I like the sounds of Carle for Souray if the Habs are to move him. And I believe Gainey would ask Ryan from the Ducks but we have all heard Burkes rant about how he will not pay that much for a rental.

Carle for Souray sounds like a relatively reasonable move. I would not complain at all.

or

Marleau is an untouchable... ain't he the Sharks' captain? You don't trade your C for a defenseman who's UFA at the end of the season...

I hope a SJ deal goes down.

How does this deal sound:

or

Wow great trade, we dump 3 mediocre players with problems and take san joses most talented and franchise players. Hell why don't we send Niinima off to pittsburg for Crosby while your at it.

Did you come up with these trades all by yourself?

TUESDAY 3:00 PM CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! :angry:

I get the feeling that Bob wont wow us..... He'll probably make a depth move or sell Rivet, thats about it.

:hlogo:

Wow great trade, we dump 3 mediocre players with problems and take san joses most talented and franchise players. Hell why don't we send Niinima off to pittsburg for Crosby while your at it.

Did you come up with these trades all by yourself?

How about trading some sarcasm for a bit of maturity?

:angry:

i f*kin hate it when people rag on other's opinions... if you dont like his view than fine but no need to be an arse about it.

How about trading some sarcasm for a bit of maturity?

:angry:

i f*kin hate it when people rag on other's opinions... if you dont like his view than fine but no need to be an arse about it.

If you don't want comments on your opinion don't post it.

If you post some nonsense that took you about 10 seconds to think up expect replys questioning your thought process. If he posted this on a shark forum the replies would have been far worse and it's downright insulting to the people running the show. These kind of "trade ideas" make us habs fans look bad and give us a bad reputation.

People need to realize that other teams are not looking for new ways to send us their most talented players for our garbage.

I get the feeling that Bob wont wow us..... He'll probably make a depth move or sell Rivet, thats about it.

I want Tuesday to come around not becuase of Bob or the Habs. Just in general. I'm sick of thew rumours being bogus. If you post a rumour and it's bogus it makes you look foolish!

I want Tuesday to come around not becuase of Bob or the Habs. Just in general. I'm sick of thew rumours being bogus. If you post a rumour and it's bogus it makes you look foolish!

Yeah, I watch TradeCentre all day just because i like to see how things end up and all the player movement.

Unfortunately from what ive seen in the past the only bogus rumours are concerning the Habs, I still think it'll be stand pat time for Bob

Unfortunately from what ive seen in the past the only bogus rumours are concerning the Habs, I still think it'll be stand pat time for Bob

I really dont think that we should stand pat. Everybody knows that we dont have what it takes to go anywhere in the playoffs... we might as well trade parts that we wont be keeping next year for good young players like Carle, Bernier, etc. and picks. Then retool our roster in the summer.

I really dont think that we should stand pat. Everybody knows that we dont have what it takes to go anywhere in the playoffs... we might as well trade parts that we wont be keeping next year for good young players like Carle, Bernier, etc. and picks. Then retool our roster in the summer.

I agree but will Bob pull the trigger

Read this one on Ekland.

Ducks are today really big players and trying to deal for Souray. The deal I am hearing is Bobby Ryan, a prospect, and a pick.

Don't know why we need another right winger. Maybe for the future, but it seems we are thick on the right wing. Doesn't make much sense to me. The Sharkes trade seems a lot better ... for either a center or a D.