Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I can kind of see that happening...Gaborik and ? for Koivu and Souray (since Saku's brother does in fact play in Minnesota). But I dont think BG has the Gonads to trade the Captain of the team....Especially when playoff hopes are alive

And Yes, I would love to see Zubrus return....I never hated the guy as it was....Wish we never let go of him

We got Zednik, Bulis and Perezhogin for Zubrus and Linden

We then got Big fat nothing for Bulis

3rd rounder for Zednik (albeit Mike Johnson... since although we didn't trade one for the other, we got a pick for Z, we turned around and got MJ... who is 10X the player Z is.)

and We'll get a heck of a player for Perezhogin and Plekanec... through a trade, in my dreams.

Wow, that was a painfull roster to watch play. This current one is almost as bad. I have confidence that BG will make some good moves and get younger and get good players and picks for the vets.

Apparently the PC is slated for 10:30 EST. Well, it's 10:58 EST now. If there is something happening we'll know soon.

I'm not enthused that Souray said he will be testing the UFA market. Bye bye Sheldon :(

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

We got Zednik, Bulis and Perezhogin for Zubrus and Linden

We then got Big fat nothing for Bulis

3rd rounder for Zednik (albeit Mike Johnson... since although we didn't trade one for the other, we got a pick for Z, we turned around and got MJ... who is 10X the player Z is.)

and We'll get a heck of a player for Perezhogin and Plekanec... through a trade, in my dreams.

we traded zednik for a 3rd round pick and got jonhson for a 4th rounder...so it's even better !!

Wow, that was a painfull roster to watch play. This current one is almost as bad. I have confidence that BG will make some good moves and get younger and get good players and picks for the vets.

:?-

They're not even comparable. :unsure:

From Spectors.

"Charles" sends in the following on the Canadiens: "On CJAD radio in Montreal this morning Michael Farber mentioned Sheldon Souray for Matt Carle. According to Farber, a star player on the Sharks said that it was going around the dressing room and was "a done deal". Farber sees Carle as a Chelios-type player, and no one could begrudge Gainey for trading a guy who likely has 20 games left in a Habs uniform - even if he is the top scorer - for a potential franchise defenceman."

Really? They are in the running for the 8th seed just like the other teams over the last 10 years.

The main difference is now the Habs have some real young talent, no superstars but good talent.

They are lacking some young D talent. There all a few years away.

I think it would be a good move to get Carle.

From Spectors.

"Charles" sends in the following on the Canadiens: "On CJAD radio in Montreal this morning Michael Farber mentioned Sheldon Souray for Matt Carle. According to Farber, a star player on the Sharks said that it was going around the dressing room and was "a done deal". Farber sees Carle as a Chelios-type player, and no one could begrudge Gainey for trading a guy who likely has 20 games left in a Habs uniform - even if he is the top scorer - for a potential franchise defenceman."

I just posted the same thing in the trade souray forum......

Biron is 12-4 this year please tell me why Buffalo makes this move.

You don't always trade away players cause you no longer need them, but rather because you have other needs that are greater. For instance, in buffalo, with injuries to Afinegenov, Gaustad, and Connolly to name a few, they have a need for impact forwards... Miller can carry the team, so losing the backup to fill the hole up front might be worth it.

If Gainey is to keep Souray and make a trade for a playoff push, we could use the help right now. Don't wait until trade deadline!

Jersey #13 is available for the Canadiens.. ^_^

Actually 13# has never been worn in an NHL regular season or playoff game for the HABS.

Word on the latest Souray deal.

From Eklund.

" Sheldon Souray rumors again...This time for Matt Carle straight up...I am not buying it, but I do believe these teams are in discussions. These rumors are even crazier due to a PC that Gainey will hold in Nashville at 1:30 ET, but I hear it is not to announce any trade. Bob will just be answering questions and mostly discussing the meetings in Florida. I am hearing that the Ducks are today really big players and trying to deal for Souray. The deal I am hearing is Bobby Ryan, a prospect, and a pick.

Many people are asking me about trade talks between the Wild and the Habs, and I have to say, my sources at least are telling me there was some discussion last week, but not much else. Now that I have said all this you can fully expect Gainey to announce a deal with the Wild in the next few minutes...:) "

I love the Anaheim angle!!!

HF reports that some have heard on CKAC Laperriere to Montreal was announced.....

i hope this is not true. We do NOT need a laperriere who will only prevent one of our young guys from getting ice time.