Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Wasnt Vail matched up against Galchenyuk's line all night

It was, but Vail's poor performance was based on skill and not being shut down. Vail wasn't skating well, his shots were weak and he miffed on a few open passes. It was one of those, "Worst game ever" situations for him. He also missed an open net on his shootout attempt about 15 feet from the goalie.

I saw much better from him against the Spirit a few weeks back.

I think Gally has a huge afternoon against the Soo. Thinking 4 points.

He got 1 (a goal) and was +1 on the afternoon. He also cracked a pane of glass celebrating said goal. It has been a decent day for others as well; Brady Vail had a pair of helpers. Saskatoon is up 6-0 after 2, the two D prospects combined have 1 assist (Dietz) and each are +1.

Erik Nystrom picked up his first Allsvenskan point today as well (an assist). Edit: He added his first goal later on.

It was, but Vail's poor performance was based on skill and not being shut down. Vail wasn't skating well, his shots were weak and he miffed on a few open passes. It was one of those, "Worst game ever" situations for him. He also missed an open net on his shootout attempt about 15 feet from the goalie.

I saw much better from him against the Spirit a few weeks back.

I guess i was more asking what Vail did defensively to keep Gally off the score sheet.

Galchenyuk's filthy goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPobFFwizs

Bozon with a goal tonight too in a 4-1 win.

Unfortunately Chicoutimi loses 3-0 and Hudon's 13 game point streak ends.

Hudon is a healthy scratch today for Canada's game against a CIS squad. It's rare to say this when it pertains to a scratch but this is good news as it's the top players and returnees that are all sitting this one out - and potentially tomorrow's game as well. As there will be some cuts today, Hudon could still suit up tomorrow.

Bozon had a couple nice assists last night and showing his game vs Edmonton tonight (out west). Super match-up, even with couple guys at Canada camp.

Saskatoon seems to be rebounding since Thrower came back from concussion and both he and Dietz helped with offense last night, they are televising their game vs SC on friday, in the west.

Collberg was loaned to Mariestad BoIS of Sweden's Division 1 league (which really is 3rd pro level below the SEL and the Allsvenskan) for their game today. He picked up a goal and an assist and was +4. Mariestad is his hometown so at least for one game (and only one game as specified in the loan), he got to play in front of his hometown fans this year.

Collberg was loaned to Mariestad BoIS of Sweden's Division 1 league (which really is 3rd pro level below the SEL and the Allsvenskan) for their game today. He picked up a goal and an assist and was +4. Mariestad is his hometown so at least for one game (and only one game as specified in the loan), he got to play in front of his hometown fans this year.

Do the swedish hockey leagues run a relegation kinda system as in football?

Bozon had OK game yesterday, had a sweet goal, top-corner short side, on a hot goalie in Tristan Jarry, who stood on his head most of game (another WHL goalie Timmins should have his eye on in Top Prospects game, along with Comrie).

Bozon dosent seem big on physical side of game, but is skilled with puck and can skate.

Hudon officially makes Team Canada for the World Juniors. I read somewhere that he was the only forward from the 2012 draft to make the team. That's quite something, especially in a lockout year. :clap:

yes and i would bet he is the lowest drafted skater also (besides Lipon of course, who will iikely go 2nd-3rd round this year)?

With that 3 point night, Galchenyuk moves back into a tie for 2nd in OHL scoring, now 6 points behind Ryan Strome. Of note, he sits 3rd league wide in goals. Tonight will be his last game before he leaves for Team USA. Of the OHL's top-10 scorers, 5 aren't WJC bound which means the scoring race will look a lot different when Galchenyuk gets back and he will be lower than 2nd in the league for sure. Heck, he probably won't even be the team leader in points when he gets back (Sarault is only 7 points behind him).

(I've also edited the post above to put in video of both Galchenyuk's goals from last night.)

Galchenyuk with a 3 point night before the 2nd period ends. That's his fifth game with 3 or more points in his last 9 games; he has 38 points in his last 17 contests.

Update: Make that 5 points (3 goals and 2 assists) giving him 61 points on the year (and 40 in his last 17). He is one point behind Strome for tops in the OHL.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker