Nov. 7th, Montreal vs Ottawa, 7 PM

bar

I actually like Diaz, but I'd rather resign Markov and Subban long term. No way we can afford both and resign Diaz - who will probably able to get a MINIMUM of $3m - probably more as a UFA.

Something has to give. As I've said earlier my preference is to package Gorges, Bourque with a prospect to get a more prolific scoring prospect like yakapov or a top 6 power forward. We also need to find a way to unload Desharnais and Briere. Letting Gionta than walk sets us up with good cap position next year.

Got no issue extending Diaz, although many here seem to not be fond of, but if they can, I would hope Markov isn't done till late in season. Just to see how he holds up with 25+ minutes/night.

And I would trade anyone, as long as package makes sense coming back. Like sens deal for Ryan seems a fair one.

I don't think Diaz is all that bad. I don't why all the hate for him. He is an offensive defenceman. You can't expect him to be the big hitter on the club, we have others for that. I would have no problem with trading him but only if we get real value in return, he is not a throw in. This team needs 1 or 2 30 goal scoreers , and they would be very tough to beat, excellent goal tending, very good defence, out of the 9 forwards however there are not enough goals. The egg line when it is going. patches and bourque, and not much else, but good defensively, we need to give up some of our defensive players and get some offence. It reall is not that bad a team but no snipers. If we had scored some goals in the last 7 we would have won 3 more games at least. We would then be looking pretty good.

Diaz has been nothing but a surprise since we signed him. Not many of us on here saw him as a full time NHLer. He is a needed piece this year, but will become expendable in the near future. Maybe even at deadline. See how well the young guys do with the dogs. Someone should give us value for him when the time comes.

I think our issues are similar to the Oilers. I like Gorges, Diaz, Markov, Subban, even Boullion individually, but as a team, having an entire defensive line up of smallish, puck playing defensemen, sets you up for long extended times hemmed into your own zone. Couple that with a top nine of Plek, Gio, Briere, DD, Gally, Galchenyuk, who regularily get beat when trying to cycle the puck in the offensive zone. It's easy to single out a couple and say they need to go, but when on their game, and playing with big dudes, they all bring something to the table. Just too many small or small playing forwards getting boxed out by big defensemen. This issue has been going on for 20 years and has become the identity of the team. Individually they all bring something to the table, but as a whole when their speed is taken away, they are in trouble. I would love to see DD or Briere gone, but I don't see it happening. Letting Gio go is going to hurt this team unless Briere or DD can take up the slack. Trading Gorges, and lettingDiaz, Boullion walk is not an issue for me depending on who replaces them.

Yeah, the griping about Murray was completely predictable. But that doesn't make it justified. He'll look bad at times, but he brings a much-needed dimension to the back end and is delivering exactly what we hired him for.

I like Murray so far. As long as he is used in his role.

Mostly agree, I really like addition of Murray and his role is pretty set, 3rd pairing and PK duty, he simply couldn't play 20+minutes in a top 4 role (and at his salary no one would expect that).

Just putting this out there. I like the last four posts and agree. i just read a little blurp yesterday about Murray having a little acumen around the net. We all know Emelin will be back soon. Could we put Murray on the fourth line and let him be the coveted huge presence in front of net on the power play?

Ha ha, that's actually rather a neat idea. I'd give it a whirl on the PP. But never at even strength, though. His skating is so bad he couldn't backcheck effectively; this ain't Brent Burns.

I don't see Murray coming out of the lineup when Emelin returns, but instead, assuming MT isn't an idiot, Bouillon. Suddenly we will have one mean SOB in the top-4 (Emelin) and another one on the bottom pairing (Murray) - and hey presto, we're a whole lot harder to play against.

Just putting this out there. I like the last four posts and agree. i just read a little blurp yesterday about Murray having a little acumen around the net. We all know Emelin will be back soon. Could we put Murray on the fourth line and let him be the coveted huge presence in front of net on the power play?

Good one!

I am sure Murray would just love that and as I did, he would find the thought quite amusing, but I don't think should ever even pinch, nor get that far from his own net, would take him a week to back to his own end.

And, he would likely also block all Habs PP shots on net, just by being fridge sized human.

having watched his "acumen" with the puck recently I think he should stay at out blue line and go no further.

Ha ha, that's actually rather a neat idea. I'd give it a whirl on the PP. But never at even strength, though. His skating is so bad he couldn't backcheck effectively; this ain't Brent Burns.

I don't see Murray coming out of the lineup when Emelin returns, but instead, assuming MT isn't an idiot, Bouillon. Suddenly we will have one mean SOB in the top-4 (Emelin) and another one on the bottom pairing (Murray) - and hey presto, we're a whole lot harder to play against.

Straight up, Bouillon will have to be injured or traded for MT to take him out of the lineup, and even then he'll still try to have him out there in the final 2 minutes.

"Boo boo, I need you out there"

"Coach, I'm at the airport heading to Florida"

"Come back, we'll put Subban's jersey on you and I'll lock PK in the closet! No one will know!"

"I don't know..."

"Come on... who's my little PK?"

".......... me"

.... good lord, this felt more wrong with every letter typed.

Straight up, Bouillon will have to be injured or traded for MT to take him out of the lineup, and even then he'll still try to have him out there in the final 2 minutes.

"Boo boo, I need you out there"

"Coach, I'm at the airport heading to Florida"

"Come back, we'll put Subban's jersey on you and I'll lock PK in the closet! No one will know!"

"I don't know..."

"Come on... who's my little PK?"

".......... me"

.... good lord, this felt more wrong with every letter typed.

I think Neech talks to his puppet-hand Desharnais like that...

I think Neech talks to his puppet-hand Desharnais like that...

I don't know where you got it into your head that I'm in love with Desharnais or something. I'll have you know we're just friends and it better stay that way because I have some compromising pictures of him.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know where you got it into your head that I'm in love with Desharnais or something. I'll have you know we're just friends and it better stay that way because I have some compromising pictures of him.

Desharnais and an Oompa Loompa costume comes to mind :s