Nov. 7th, Montreal vs Ottawa, 7 PM

bar

Gotta give Pax a break - he's coming back from injury.

I would never EVER bench Gallagher tonight. No matter now many penalties he takes. If only his effort could rub off on his teammates, we'd be winning this game.

100% agree. He is engaged. Can't say that for most of the team.

Why? When Emelin gets back, they'll actually have 7 NHL d-men healthy for the first time this season. There's no need to hurry up to get rid of that.

we will have Markov, Subban, Emelin, Gorges, Diaz, Murray, Bouillon and kids that will be knocking on the door.

Ideally i'd move Bouillon, just so i don't have to ever see him play, but I can't see anyone wanting home.

Only ones that can get value back are Gorges and Diaz.

A bold move, would be to move Gorges and another forward to try and get more size up front, but I can't see MB have the balls to make a move like that.

we will have Markov, Subban, Emelin, Gorges, Diaz, Murray, Bouillon and kids that will be knocking on the door.

Emelin's back as early as next week, I don't see the kids improving that much between now and then. Tinordi has not played well at all since going back down. Beaulieu has been a bit better but he still needs improvement. Pateryn has played well in Hamilton but has hardly played lately too. Let them develop, there's no problem with carrying 7 NHL D for a while.

Chris Neil. A player I've coveted forever. A Donald S Cherry type player. Takes a shot in the face and skates himself off rather than have a stretcher pull him off. He can play on any line, has some actual skill, and is a genuinely good guy off the ice (I know, I've met him). I even asked him when he was coming to the end of his last contract if he could please, please consider Montreal. Sadly...

And there's Gally winning pucks all over the ice again.

• Upvote 1

Blatant interference on Eller. Like, tossing him over your shoulder when he never touched the puck interference. I mean, come on. Marginal calls I can at least understand missing, but that was not much difference than taking a gun out of your hockey pants and shooting someone. Seriously. Brian Burke was waxing so poetical about NHL reffing and saying it was the best in any pro sport but it's farcical. Absolutely embarrassing. It's SO hard to watch.

Icing against Montreal, called the instant it touches the red line. Icing against Ottawa - at least a couple of times tonight - rings the boards and then there's a whistle. You know, just a little extra time for the team playing against the Habs to relax. GAWD. Seriously. It could only be more blatant if Bettman was out there saying no no no, they can't win!

Sigh... Bourque looks drunk on some of these plays...

this is the bourque i remember from Calgary.

Okay, the bright side of things thus far:

1. Subban has been stellar.

2. Markov has been better than Subban.

2b and this beside the idiotic +/- stat where both are negative.

3. Gallagher has been... everywhere

4. For long, long stretches, we've been the better team. We're losing not because we aren't good enough, but rather because Ottawa has taken full advantage of mistakes - full credit to them

It's easy to get down - losses can do that, but it's not nearly as bad as this thread might seem. In fact, it feels like it should be 8-0 reading this, where it's only 3-1 with two picture perfect precise shots the difference.

I think the fire alarm is going off. Interesting that it started when Gally won the puck at the side of Lehner's crease and almost poked it home.

Cube. Moronic play.

Didn't

Get

The

Puck

Deep

• Upvote 1

So is MT going to call out Bouillon for blowing the chance of a comeback because of that empty net goal??