Raffl- Giroux- Voracek

Konecny- Schenn- Simmonds

Weise- Couturier- Read

VandeVelde- Édouard Bellemare-Lyubimov

Provorov- Macdonald 

Streit- Gudas

Manning- Schultz 

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Gostisbehere is expected to be a healthy scratch tonight.  That's a nice break for the Habs.

Is it? He has been a healthy scratch and playing like crap hasn't he?

Philly defending sucks overall dosent it and should be a good chance to put up a few goals and just need to limit PPs for Philly, as they have good offence.

Just now, DON said:

Is it? He has been a healthy scratch and playing like crap hasn't he?

Philly defending sucks overall dosent it and should be a good chance to put up a few goals and just need to limit PPs for Philly, as they have good offence.

I think of it this way - Gostisbehere worries me more than Nick Schultz does.  Travis Konecny is also out tonight with Dale Weise returning to their lineup.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think of it this way - Gostisbehere worries me more than Nick Schultz does.  Travis Konecny is also out tonight with Dale Weise returning to their lineup.

Don't know Schultz and Weise signing appears to be turning out a bad one for Philly

13 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Mitchell has been shit the past 30 games. 

He has a tendency to go really quiet for a while and just when you start to think he's expendable, he goes on one of those two week hot streaks.  He's due for one.

The Habs started out nicely but that wasn't a particularly pretty second half of the period.  Nesterov's goal was their 5th shot of the game (at 4:51)...they have five shots on goal in total.

Amazing how many rookies, or recently traded players score in their first games. Matthews, Scherbak, Nesterov, Colbourne (hatrick) Meier (I think) immediately come to mind, but there are loads more. A lot score on their first shot as well. It's kind of mythical almost 

Another dumb penalty from Shaw results in the game-tying goal.  The ratio of good games to dumb penalties takes another turn in the wrong direction.

That said, it's not just him having a bad night.  The offence looks discombobulated out there.

There's just something about Philly this season.  Their season low in shots going into tonight was 17 (vs Philly).  Tonight, they got 16.

On the plus side, Shaw got benched after his dumb penalty.  It's nice to see him finally get disciplined for his lack of discipline.

• Upvote 1

What a pathetic performance! 16 shots on goal is unacceptable!  It's when I see the Habs play games like the one I watched tonight that I wonder if this team really has what it takes to win the cup!

A really frustrating game to watch!

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm trying to remember the last time Montreal pulled the goalie and actually got any kind of offensive pressure that actually made me think they would score. Has it happened at all this season?

Good question. I think it did happen once or twice, but not much more!

55 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

What a pathetic performance! 16 shots on goal is unacceptable!  It's when I see the Habs play games like the one I watched tonight that I wonder if this team really has what it takes to win the cup!

A really frustrating game to watch!

I thought they still outplayed them most of game; but, Philly looks pretty crappy.

Nice goal by Nesterov.

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I'm trying to remember the last time Montreal pulled the goalie and actually got any kind of offensive pressure that actually made me think they would score. Has it happened at all this season?

I completely agree. I used to get relatively excited at the opportunity we'd have to tie the game up with our goalie pulled but it feels like we literally never have any success with the extra man anymore.

I don't know if defending teams relax a little bit more nowadays with goalies getting pulled earlier than they used to or if it's something else but if I were Therrien/Muller, I'd spend a lot of time working on the situation. Hopefully that would help.

9 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

completely agree. I used to get relatively excited at the opportunity we'd have to tie the game up with our goalie pulled but it feels like we literally never have any success with the extra man anymore.

I don't know if defending teams relax a little bit more nowadays with goalies getting pulled earlier than they used to or if it's something else but if I were Therrien/Muller, I'd spend a lot of time working on the situation. Hopefully that would help.

Really? I would think fixing a broken PK (22nd in league) is just a tad more important and desperation empty net situations would be quite low on priority list. Shots for also sucks at 17th in league and obviously would help to puck more rubber on net, or improving faceoffs (14th) is another area they could work on (although Aves, Bruins, Wings and Canucks are all top 5 in faceoff%, so maybe not a big deal?).

Price save% on the PP sucks at .859%...SH save % is even a touch worse .857%. Is it mostly Price's issue or whole team defense and pressing on the PP? (Montoya .836% PP save% and 1.000% SH) 

Edited by DON
add crap