Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Commandant

Nikita Scherbak Called up

Recommended Posts

Trade them both together and you might get a 7th?

 

Logan Shaw and Froese being a 3rd and 4th round draft pick respectively. 

 

3rd+4th=7th 

 

Is that how it works? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Why not keep them? Maybe you get a 6th round pick at the deadline from someone. 

 

Is it worth it to get 2 more games for Scherbak or explore an extra 6th or 7th round pick. 

 

Is 2 games in the AHL instead of the NHL really going to effect his development. 

 

No... but it might effect my enjoyment of the game I'm going to this Saturday.... :wacko:  I was looking forward to seeing him live!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Nobody is giving up a 17th round pick for Logan Shaw or Froese. 

 

They are both wastes of pro contracts.

 

Two teams are apparently interested in Luke Glendening who makes $1.8 million per year for this year and 2 more afterwards. 

 

The Canucks are about to give Erik Gudbranson a multi-year deal at something over $4 million per year.

 

The Capitals gave up a 3rd rounder for Michal Kempny.

 

You never know when GMs will get stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Nobody is giving up a 17th round pick for Logan Shaw or Froese. 

 

They are both wastes of pro contracts.

well our GM did trade for Ott, King and Martinsen to solidify us for the playoffs.  Is there any other dumb GM's to take advantage off???  Where's Milbury when you need him?  IMO, they should start a new GM award - the Mike Milbury award - MB would have won it the last three year's running, with Dorian a close second this year.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Two teams are apparently interested in Luke Glendening who makes $1.8 million per year for this year and 2 more afterwards. 

 

The Canucks are about to give Erik Gudbranson a multi-year deal at something over $4 million per year.

 

The Capitals gave up a 3rd rounder for Michal Kempny.

 

You never know when GMs will get stupid. 

Can Bergevin trade with himself 🤔

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

 

The Canucks are about to give Erik Gudbranson a multi-year deal at something over $4 million per year.

 

You never know when GMs will get stupid. 

 

The Gurdrbranson deal (3 years at 4 per) looks like a genius move compared to the cosmic ball of stupidity that was the Alzner signing. However, both deals are symptoms of teams that just do not have any depth at defence in their systems. Benning's done a good job of adding young FWs, but the back end is a shambles, organizationally. Same with the Habs. When the alternative to garbage is actual festering poop, you go with the garbage, even at a dumbass contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

The Gurdrbranson deal (3 years at 4 per) looks like a genius move compared to the cosmic ball of stupidity that was the Alzner signing. However, both deals are symptoms of teams that just do not have any depth at defence in their systems. Benning's done a good job of adding young FWs, but the back end is a shambles, organizationally. Same with the Habs. When the alternative to garbage is actual festering poop, you go with the garbage, even at a dumbass contract.

 

Gudbranson's analytics show that he is actual festering poop though. 

Alzner is paid more for longer, so that sucks, but he's a better defenceman (barely) 

 

There is no reason to give Gudbranson anything more than $1 million in 2018 NHL. He's a player that the game has passed him by.   That said, there is no reason to pay Alzner either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Gudbranson's analytics show that he is actual festering poop though. 

Alzner is paid more for longer, so that sucks, but he's a better defenceman (barely) 

 

There is no reason to give Gudbranson anything more than $1 million in 2018 NHL. He's a player that the game has passed him by.   That said, there is no reason to pay Alzner either. 

 

They're both old school players rewarded by questionable management groups manned by dinosaurs. I think in Van's case they like Gurdbranson's age (26) and seem to have convinced themselves that he's been hamstrung by injuries in his time there - foolishly hoping that his last few outings, which were widely praised, represent the 'real' Gurdbranson. Dumb, but I still think the Alzner deal is dumber. At least the G-man may have *some* sort of unrealized upside. Alzner is locked in for another four years right as he enters the downside of his career; typical stupidity from Mr Magoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scherbek called back up.

 

 

There is no way they bring up Scherbek permanently without moving another winger out... right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trizzak said:

Scherbek called back up.

 

 

There is no way they bring up Scherbek permanently without moving another winger out... right?

That's what I think too. A. Shaw? Lehkonen? Byron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

There is no way they bring up Scherbek permanently without moving another winger out... right?

 

 

Not necessarily.  They've shown they have no problems sitting guys like Carr, Logan Shaw, etc, so they'd have no issue sitting one more player with Scherbak up.  The interesting thing is the timing, doing it now instead of via a paper transaction which will make him ineligible to play in the AHL after the season comes to an end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Not necessarily.  They've shown they have no problems sitting guys like Carr, Logan Shaw, etc, so they'd have no issue sitting one more player with Scherbak up.  The interesting thing is the timing, doing it now instead of via a paper transaction which will make him ineligible to play in the AHL after the season comes to an end.

 

Even if the Habs are eliminated?

 

That's... dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Even if the Habs are eliminated?

 

That's... dumb.

 

As I look at Laval's schedule, they will have two games left after Montreal's season comes to an end.  I'd still want him to play those games but I thought they had more games to play than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dlbalr said:

 

As I look at Laval's schedule, they will have two games left after Montreal's season comes to an end.  I'd still want him to play those games but I thought they had more games to play than that.

 

Oh, in that case nevermind, it doesn't really matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They save the four callup spots by doing it this way. 

 

Gotta assume guys like Valiev, McCarron, Lernout will get auditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

They save the four callup spots by doing it this way. 

 

Gotta assume guys like Valiev, McCarron, Lernout will get auditions. 

Reilly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DON said:

Reilly?

 

He's not a call-up though - he won't count against the four recalls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing Rychel will be the 4th.  I'm assuming they will want to get a look at him to figure out what they have and if he should be qualified or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×