Gainey's Daughter Missing

zumpano21

You may have heard a recurring news story about a woman washed overboard at sea just off the coast of Nova Scotia recently. It turns out to be Gainey's 25yr old daughter. I hope things work out in the end for Bob and his family.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

terrible news. I can't even begin to imagine what the Gainey family is going through. It stated though that as of 9:00am it was 30 hrs since she was missing. And she wasn't wearing a life jacket. :(

That's absolutely terrible... i had chills reading the story.

Terrible way to 'go'; seems like there's but a slim chance she's alright... i hope she's found. Hang in there if you're alive! They're looking for you!

gainey_41542.jpg

Laura Gainey

Edited by Cataclaw

This is awful.

Sounds like a rogue wave hit the boat and they were not ready for it. These icidents happen far too often out here and it always seems that the crew members (whether it be fishing vessels, sail boats etc) are never wearing life jackets/survival suits. I believe that is the 3rd person missing in the waters this fall.

Praying.

What a small world. When I first heard the news I felt horrible. I could only imagine being in that mess myself. It's a scary way to go. Of course when the 1st news came out there was no indication of who she was.

The good news is she's caught in 20 degree current waters and she's an excellent swimmer. Hang in ther.

Praying.

could things be worse for the gainey familly ??

they lost their mom/wife and now a daughter/sister !!?? it just makes no sense at all.

hope BG takes as long as he needs to be with his familly in these tough times.

I opened TSN.ca and saw this story front page. Can't believe it. As you guys said, she doesn't have a life jacket, and apparently after 36 hours even in warm water, you can easily get hypothermia according to the TSN article.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the whole family, this is just horrible news.

Very sad.

Can anyone guarantee that Gainey will return to his post? The radio didn't make it very clear.

he will but i'm sure it's going to be after christmas

Very sad.

Can anyone guarantee that Gainey will return to his post? The radio didn't make it very clear.

he will but i'm sure it's going to be after christmas

Yeah, I figure it would be post-Christmas as well. It's not like there would be any trades to work on during the time being anyhow. If I'm not mistaken there's a no-trade period from around the 13th to about New Years (if my memory serves me right). This is to avoid the trouble of relocating during the holidays.

Speaking of the holidays... this is truly an awful time for such events.

As you guys said, she doesn't have a life jacket, and apparently after 36 hours even in warm water, you can easily get hypothermia according to the TSN article.

I've been told by a friend who knows someone in the Navy that the Atlantic's water is usually somewhere around 4°C, which is cold. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

If there is any solace in this fatality, it is that she was doing was she loved.

The HabsWorld family sends its heartfelt support to the Gainey family.

This is so sad. Hopefully she will find a little island to get out of the water and avoid hypothermia