Montreal Canadiens vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | November 11th, 2015 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

Looks like Semin may get in next game. He was skating on the Eller and Galchenyuk line during practice.

If that is the case then I would guess Byron would sit as DSP has looked good to me. Unless Weiss maybe wasn't quite right the next day.

That was, in part, by default since Mitchell wasn't there. There were only 12 forwards so Semin had to skate somewhere...

Ya but if your only using him as a 13th forward you would practice him on the fourth line and keep Pelly on the Eller/Galchenyuk line to build chemistry. Makes no sense to disturb all your lines if your still planning on scratching Semin. That's why I feel he's coming in next game.

Ya but if your only using him as a 13th forward you would practice him on the fourth line and keep Pelly on the Eller/Galchenyuk line to build chemistry. Makes no sense to disturb all your lines if your still planning on scratching Semin. That's why I feel he's coming in next game.

I agree. I feel he'll play and the decision is who sits of Byron, DSP, Mitchell and Flynn.

Article on Semin from Canadiens.com

Therrien said his offensive production was fine but not other points of his game. Subban said he's working hard and a good teammate. Semin said he's learning a lot scratched but wants to play.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=787815

Last week Therrien said Semin works hard, so that's apparently not the problem...

The season is a marathon, so we will see in the end, depth is good, and it's not like they broke the bank to sign him...

Care to repeat that.

How did I know that this was going to get brought up?

Emelin should have no bearing on Pateryn's playing status. But when the other left defenceman hasn't played all season and may have refused a conditioning stint (speculated by some in the media but not confirmed), there isn't much choice. If Tinordi did refuse a conditioning assignment, the team can't then turn around and reward his stubbornness.

By the way, nice edit on your reply to MoLG above. It's not nice to rush and take pleasure in a post that was along the lines of 'ha ha, you're wrong', glad to see you changed that quickly. But even then, there is a big difference between a blueliner playing his off-side compared to his normal one. Today's lineup decision doesn't change that fact.

• Upvote 1

If that's the case, well Beavis, that really sucks... :cry_smile:

I was not only beating the Tinordi drum, but Pateryn's as well, he is physical, can fight, and has a degree of skill in terms of a shot and PP experience in the A, and when was the law of balanced defense in terms of shooting side implemented? If this is the new law of things, than replace Gilbert with Pateryn, I'm fine with that.

Emelin is one of our top 6 defense, and usually he sucks at most every aspect of the game, except hitting, but alas,

you management booster club guys win, I give up. :halm:

"Shooting side" tossed aside. Pateryn in Emelin out. Gilbert moving to other side.

Good call Korp. :thumbs_up:

Did you call MT of did he call you?

How did I know that this was going to get brought up?

Emelin should have no bearing on Pateryn's playing status. But when the other left defenceman hasn't played all season and may have refused a conditioning stint (speculated by some in the media but not confirmed), there isn't much choice. If Tinordi did refuse a conditioning assignment, the team can't then turn around and reward his stubbornness.

By the way, nice edit on your reply to MoLG above. It's not nice to rush and take pleasure in a post that was along the lines of 'ha ha, you're wrong', glad to see you changed that quickly. But even then, there is a big difference between a blueliner playing his off-side compared to his normal one. Today's lineup decision doesn't change that fact.

:thumbs_up:

But I think the 'shooting side' issue is significant. And if Gilbert struggles (the wags will say, 'worse than usual??') are people going to remember that he has been pushed to his off side? Or are they just going to burn him in effigy?

This decision amounts to a massive indictment of Tinordi. Personally, I'd have sat Gilbert and kept Emelin; for all that #74 struggled last game, I didn't notice him committing a mental error on the scale of what Gilbert did in OT. Oh well.

Would be nice to know if Tinordi has refused a conditioning stint or not for sure...

Gotta be some interest out there for him, if he has no future here.

Avs maybe?

Maybe Emelin will show up at the rink in an Avs uniform? :ph34r:

But I think the 'shooting side' issue is significant. And if Gilbert struggles (the wags will say, 'worse than usual??') are people going to remember that he has been pushed to his off side? Or are they just going to burn him in effigy?

This decision amounts to a massive indictment of Tinordi. Personally, I'd have sat Gilbert and kept Emelin; for all that #74 struggled last game, I didn't notice him committing a mental error on the scale of what Gilbert did in OT. Oh well.

He didn't practice with the team yesterday so it could be a mild injury. The team called it a "therapy day". The only thing I remember was him going awkwardly into the boards when Malkin shoved him. Either way, I don't think they just took him out of the lineup.

He didn't practice with the team yesterday so it could be a mild injury. The team called it a "therapy day". The only thing I remember was him going awkwardly into the boards when Malkin shoved him. Either way, I don't think they just took him out of the lineup.

Makes sense.

Guest Stogey24

Emelin literally handed Sidney the puck right in front of Condon 2 min into game.