Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

What other guys, exactly?

For RW'ers, Ward, St. Louis, Stewart, Erat, and Ryder.

On the left side, a guy like Glencross could be of interest.

There are a few 2nd/3rd line additions still out there that I could see the Habs in on.

For RW'ers, Ward, St. Louis, Stewart, Erat, and Ryder.

On the left side, a guy like Glencross could be of interest.

There are a few 2nd/3rd line additions still out there that I could see the Habs in on.

Ugh. That is one motley crew.

I like Ward a LOT as a secondary piece. Very good player. But he's 34 years old. Bad Contract Alert should be flashing over his head.

If those are our options, we're not going to be any better heading into September (or, if we add Ward, we have a chance of being significantly better at the cost of what is likely to be a terrible contract) - and we'll just have to cross our fingers on some sort of internal push from the Galchenyuks and the Kassians of the world to supply the added offence. Otherwise, we need to go the Habs29 route and pull the trigger on an impact trade.

The best free agent in turns of Powerplay scoring available right now? Scott Gomez.

It's possible Alex Steen or Jordan Eberle or Brayden Schenn are available, all guys near the 20 PPP mark, but tough to say.

Patrick Sharp in 2013-2014 was the 9th best PPP producing forward in the league. He dropped to 78th last season. In the playoffs only 21 forwards had 4 PPP or more and Patrick Sharp was one of them with two goals and two assists.

If there's anyone we can trade for and sell as an answer to our PP, it's Sharp.

I would assume Lebrun meant other "players" nor necessarily just UFA's that will add offense to Habs.

So, Sharp, Oshie etc

Guest Stogey24

Weather or not Montreal is getting him, I can't believe that Sharp has still not moved.

It's because asking Price is most likely ridiculous.

Guest Stogey24

Pretty much. Unlike the Leafs, Blackhawks are willing to wait on the right price for Sharp.

Personally I think the Leafs made a mistake trading kessel when they did. Value never lower

Personally I think the Leafs made a mistake trading kessel when they did. Value never lower

I guess it goes to show how much they wanted him gone. Either way it will be enjoyable to laugh at them for the 1.2 mill they're going to have against the cap for the next 7 years. :rofl:

Was hinted the 2 GMs have also discussed Versteeg, Bickell, Kruger and Desjardins, as well as Mr. Sharp.

That Desjardins one is complete and utter nonsense. Chicago hasn't been shopping Desjardins for one simple reason - he was a UFA up until a few days ago. Now that he's signed to a below-market deal (he left money on the table to re-sign there), he's not going anywhere.

Jiri Tlusty is the answer?

I wouldn't mind him. He's not going to solve all of the offensive woes but he has put up decent goal totals the last four years (17, 23, 16, 14) and would be a decent 2nd/3rd line option. I don't think he'd cost all that much now either since the market has been way different than I expected. (I thought Tlusty would get around $4 million per a couple of weeks ago but that's not likely to happen given the current market conditions.)

With our only sniper injured, i'm wondering whether or not MB will be forced to bring in a hired gun?

He'll be back for the start of the regular season (or miss only a couple of games). This should have no effect at all on the offseason plans.

True, but it may take Max an entire month to get into his groove. We're already offensively challenged...can we risk having an awful October?

Hmmm....maybe MT will get his hands full of Semin before this is all over

• Upvote 1

Is it at all possible that Perron becomes available?

Yeah, it's a possibility. The Pens are pretty low on cap space and basically only have room for guys making at or near the minimum. They could move him out for salary reasons.